Final Off-Season Mock for A While

Discussion in 'Draft' started by jasonjets, Jan 20, 2007.

1. jasonjets

jasonjets Member

1. DRAFT

Round 1: Jarvis Moss | Junior | OLB | Florida - The Jets need to adress their pass rushing over the off-season, and this is the way. Moss is an amazing pass rusher and is molded perfectly to play OLB in the 3-4 at 6'6, 251 and runs a 4.6 forty. He is an amazing talent and the Jets can not a guy this perfect get away.

Round 2: Robert Meachem | Junior | WR | Tennessee
    - I know that some will hate this pick, and some will love this pick. I really think we need a good 3rd WR. Brad Smith is a great guy for trick plays and such but just doesn't have the experience to play 3rd WR right now. With Coles' injury problems and threats of retirement, Meachem will definitely come in handy in the future. He needs an extra year to fully progress anyway, and this is the perfect team for him to progress with.

Round 2: Michael Bush | Senior | RB | Louisville - He was a top 10 projected pick coming into this year, but after an unfortunate injury he will fall near the 3rd round. Bush would be an absolute steal here, he posseses everything a running back need: Size (6'3, 247) and speed (4.5 forty). Will step in as the team's starting RB. With his power and Leon Washington's speed, the Jets will be able to line up against any defense.

Round 3: Manuel Ramirez | Senior | OG | Texas Tech - He is huge! Just what we need. A great run blocker and a strong, strong kid. He bench presses 550 pounds and will be able to solidify our run game. He is NFL ready right out of college and will help solidify our offensive line for years.

Round 5: Martrez Milner | Senior | TE | Georgia - Tight ends out of Georgia come out every year and every year they show how good they are. Milner is a speedy, pass catching threat that will be great in those two tight end sets. At 6'4, 255 he runs a 4.65 and has the prototypical build for a TE. Could be a big steal late in the draft.

Round 6: Le'Ron McClain | Senior | FB | Alabama - The perfect FB for our system. Although he is not very fast, he is a great blocker and a great reciever out of the backfield. He will be great for short yardage gains and for helping his new backfield mate, Michael Bush, to convert in the short yardage situations.​

2. FREE AGENT SIGNING

1. Asante Samuel, CB : 6 years - 48 million

-- We need a shut down cornerback. Samuel knows Mangini and I think if he doesn't stay with the Pats, this would be his first choice. With Samuel on one side and Dyson on the other side, the opponents passing game will be completely diminished. Plus, Samuel is only 25 years old and fits perfectly with our youthful team. Samuel will be our one huge signing this off-season, and that is perfectly fine with me.

2. Derrick Dockery, OG : 4 years - 10 million

-- At 2.5 million per year, Dockery is a steal. This years free agent class is filled with talented offensive guards, so when Dockery would usually be the top guard available in his free agent class, he is the 3rd or 4th best this year, and will come cheap. Dockery is a huge guy and a great run blocker, which is exactly what we were lacking last year.

3. Terdell Sands, NT : 2 years - 3 million

-- It seems that almost everybody on this board wants Sands, so I will make you all happy. Sands is a huge NT and will definitely help out or linebackers. After Vilma's down year it was definitely noticable that we needed somebody big to clog the middle for him this year. Moving Robertson to DE will also be a big upgrade than Von Old. Robertson is a natural pass rusher and a great run stuffer, perfect as a 3-4 DE.

4. Matt Wilhelm, MLB : 2 years - 2 million

-- Wilhelm is an experienced MLB in the 3-4 with San Diego and may be able to teach Vilma and Hobson to play there. He is still young though, so he will also be able to play MLB if one of them go down and fill in very nicely. He is not just here for teaching reasons, he adds some great depth and you can never have too many LB's in a 3-4 defense.​

3. NOT TO BE RE - SIGNED

B.J. Askew | FB

James Hodgins | FB

Rashad Moore | DT

Hank Poteat | CB

Ryan Riddle | LB

Sean Ryan | TE

Cody Spencer | LB

4. RE - SIGNINGS

Jerricho Cotchery | WR : 5 years - 20 million

Anthony Clement | OT : 2 years - 3 million

Dave Ball | DE : 2 years - 1.5 million

Wade Smith | OL : 1 year - 500 thousand​

5. CUTS

Eric Barton | LB

Kevan Barlow | RB

Derrick Blaylock | RB

Justin McCareins | WR

Kimo Von Oelhoffen | LB

6. 2007/2008 NEW YORK JETS ROSTER

--- OFFENSE ---

Quarterback:

Chad Pennington

Kellen Clemens

Patrick Ramsey

Runningback:

Michael Bush

Leon Washington

Cedric Houston

Fullback:

Le'Ron McClain

Wide Reciever One:

Laveranues Coles

Robert Meachem

Tim Dwight

Wide Reciever Two:

Jerricho Cotchery

Brad Smith

Tight End:

Chris Baker

Martez Milner

Jason Pociask

James Dearth

Left Tackle:

D'Brickashaw Ferguson

Wade Smith

Left Guard:

Pete Kendall

Manuel Ramirez

Center:

Nick Mangold

Trey Teague

Right Guard:

Derrick Dockery

Brandon Moore

Right Tackle:

Anthony Clement

Adrian Jones

--- DEFENSE ---

Right Defensive End:

Dewayne Robertson

Dave Ball

Defensive / Nose Tackle:

Terdell Sands

Sione Pouha

C.J. Mosley

Left Defensive End:

Shaun Ellis

Bobby Hamilton

Right Outside Linebacker:

Bryan Thomas

Matt Chatham

Right Inside Linebacker:

Jonathan Vilma

Anthony Schlegel

Left Inside Linebacker:

Victor Hobson

Matt Wilhelm

Left Outside Linebacker:

Jarvis Moss

Brad Kassell

Cornerback One:

Asante Samuel

Justin Miller

Drew Coleman

Cornerback Two:

Andre Dyson

David Barrett

Free Safety:

Kerry Rhodes

Rashad Washington

Strong Safety:

Erik Coleman

Eric Smith

--- SPECIAL TEAMS ---

Kicker:

Mike Nugent

Punter:

Ben Graham

Kick Off / Punt Returners:

Justin Miller

Leon Washington

#1 jasonjets, Jan 20, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2007
  2. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Assante Samuel is not a shut down corner and is not worth that big of a contract. Jet money would be better spent elsewhere. All he wants is a pay day.

3. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I'd be very happy with that. Kassell can't play OLB be though.

4. ANJI

ANJI New Member

If the Jets have their pick of Anthony Spencer OLB/Jarvis Moss OLB/LaMarr Woodley with washingtons pick, wouldn't it make more since to draft a Cornerback with our first pick and use that Samuel money to make sure we sign a tackle on offense nad defense????

Also I just read there is a good chance Jamal Lewis is going to be cut. Which could mean Bush will not fall out of the first round for one. But on a lesser note, wouldn't it be a good fit to try Lewis out for a year to see how good washington can be and also hold off picking a runningback in the draft????

Offseason:
    Jamal Lewis
    Terdell Sands
    Leonard Davis

1Marcus McCauley or Jarvis Moss
    2LaMarr Woodley/Anthony Spencer or Daymeion Hughes
    2Ben Grubbs

5. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

You mean Sean Ryan...and he shouldn't be cut. We traded for him and he is a good blocker. A good option for the 3rd Tight End spot.

Pociask is going to be used as a fullback I think.

6. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

No way in hell we draft Mccauley with are 1st rounder. i dont want him at all. i want us to draft him but after what people said and after what i read, no way.

7. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

the jets wont pay that much for an overrated corner who's coming off a lucky year. After one year asante samuel is a shutdown corner huh? what happened to deltha o'neal after his big year last year? oh yea! he fell off the map. Same thing will happen to samuel. I feel bad for whoever will sign him to that big of a contract. He's just gonna drop off the map. He wasn't very good in coverage at all. He just had a bunch of picks that were thrown right at him. I will be very distraught if tangini are foolish enough to sign him.

8. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

I like the McClain pick. and all of it for that matter.

9. Richiebsweet

Richiebsweet Active Member

I like your draft but I don't think Martrez Milner will fall to the fifth round.

10. Force

Force New Member

I watched almost every game Fresno State played this year and I was not immpressed with Mccauley at all. He's all the physical tools to be a great corner...but that's were it stops. His techique is horrible and he constantly gets beat by mediocre WR. The only reason he's a first round prospect is because he's tall and runs a sub 4.4 fourty. Two guys I would love to have from Fresno State though are Dwayne Wright and Paul Williams. Paul Williams would be a perfect deep threat for us. Dwayne Wright would be going in the first round if it wasn't for his prior knee problems...but he played the whole year this season and has had no problems so I don't think it's as much of a concern as Frank Gore's or Willis McGahee's was.

11. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

In your opinion, who do you consider to be a shutdown corner?

12. krd145

krd145 New Member

why do people want barton gone? I love his toughness and he put up 100 tackles this season

13. brightfuture

brightfuture New Member

I definitly don't get why everyone wants to get rid of Barton. We need someone with his size at the linebacker position next to Vilma who is smaller.

14. A.C.E.S

A.C.E.S New Member

I love your entire offseason, I just do not like this pick. I love the Micheal Bush pick, if we get him we're preety much going to see a Tiki Barber and Brandon Jacobs one, two punch. Great.