ferguson is a huge mistake

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MeanGreen80, Apr 21, 2006.

1. MeanGreen80

MeanGreen80 New Member

We need a playmaker arent you guys tired of mediocrity?? Arent you jealous of teams like the panthers and colts. The reason these teams are so consistent and make the playoffs every year is they have playmakers. D Brick wont keep defensive coordinators up all night.

2. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

Your right about the playmakers, but in order for a playmaker to make a play, the QB needs time.

If our QB has no time, and gets killed we have what we had last year, if we land mario we can draft mangold at 29 and a OT at 35.

3. EvilClownFace

EvilClownFace New Member

I'm jealous of no team. When I was younger a priest once told me jealousy was the devil's tool.

Wait....was it devil's tool or devil's stool?

Either way....

People need to stop thinking of Vernon Davis as a tight end, and start thinking of him as more of an offensive weapon that will create a ton of mismatches.

If Mario and Leinart are gone, we should grab Davis. We can then address the line at 29.

#3 EvilClownFace, Apr 21, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2006
  4. MeanGreen80

MeanGreen80 New Member

I would love to have Super Mario i definitely put him under the category of playmaker. I meant defense or offense. I just dont see how we address the o-line that high.

5. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Is Mario Williams gonna be better than John Abraham?

6. JCnflies

JCnflies New Member

Keep sounding off about Brick - you are so right! We can get other tackles that give our QBs timer to pass. We need an impact guy..... Seems to me that the biggest impact p[layers in the draft are Bush (no chance), M. Williams, Hawk and Davis. I couoldn;t argue with any of those 4 being picked and amybe Leinert, too.

If Davis could run block, too, he would be really, really interesting as he would help two aspects of the offense.

7. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

I agree, drafting D'Brick would be a huge mistake, it will never happen. Mangini won't replace a position that doesn't need replacing.

8. 28rogerblaze51

I really think mario williams will be better than abraham. Mario will cause tip passes, sacks, hurries, run stopping ability, he will play hard and be a beast.

I like vernon davis, but at 4? Maybe 7....

If we don't get mario or ferguson i see us getting bush... If none of the 3 are there, then davis is a possiblity. But the jets have baker, jolley, dreesen, all TE's who can play and can be a standout with the right playbook, we have the playbook now that would really work with our TE's, if they cover baker, i think jolley can make the catch, and vice versa, i think if we get who we want in the first day, then i say we trade for a WR who is that playmaker.

9. jesterjetman

jesterjetman Active Member

28rogerblaze51 Your right about the playmakers, but in order for a playmaker to make a play, the QB needs time.
    If our QB has no time, and gets killed we have what we had last year, if we land mario we can draft mangold at 29 and a OT at 35.
    ===========================================================
    Yes. But first you need a qb before you need time for one.

10. Mr. Schnitzer

Mr. Schnitzer New Member

D'Brick is D'Pick!

11. Ramseyfan

Ramseyfan New Member

The idea of using the fourth pick on an offensive left tackle doesn't bother me. But those posters who have argued that you don't spend the fourth pick on a tackle who was just an average run blocker in college, have persuaded me to their way of thinking.

12. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

last i checked...the Colts and the Panthers havent won a Super Bowl since ive been alive....so whats to be so jealous about?? id be Jealous of the Pats who solidify their whole team allowing them to make that SB run and win it

13. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Adrian Jones is NOT good. Ferguson would replace him immediately.

14. Ramseyfan

Ramseyfan New Member

Norman Chow doesn't have the final say on the Titans' pick, but if their GM doesn't take the advice of the man who is in the best position to evaluate Leinart, then he's really putting himself out on a limb.

I assume that the Titans will go with Chow's call. If they pass on Leinart, do you want him? (consider it a rhetorical question if you like)

#14 Ramseyfan, Apr 21, 2006
  15. EvilClownFace

EvilClownFace New Member

Rhetorical or not, I'll give you my two cents.....

It's not so much that I really want him, as it is that I have the feeling our front office won't pass him up. You could say I'm just preparing myself.

I want either Mario Williams or Vernon Davis at 4. In that order.

I would rather give Ramsey a shot right now and (even though it's highly unlikely he'll return to form) see what Penny's got left.

Like I've said many times, if they both fall on their faces, we'll most likely have a top 10 pick again next year, and can address QB at that time.

We're in a rebuilding stage right now and there really is no quick fix answer. Taking a chance on Ramsey (and Penny) is less of a risk than spending a top 5 pick on a QB who has never taken a snap on the NFL level.

I think Leinart is definately the best NFL ready qb to come out of this draft. If that will translate into a stellar NFL career remains to be seen.

I don't see the Titans passing him up, however, I wouldn't be at all shocked if they took a chance on Vince Young.

There are times I've thought "if Leinart's available we've got to take him". I've recently changed my tune though because #1. I've got a lot of faith in Ramsey, and #2. I think Williams and Davis are (and I rarely ever say this) pretty much locks to dominate their positions.

#15 EvilClownFace, Apr 21, 2006
  16. 28rogerblaze51

You can't rule out penny or ramsey, ramsey was decent with spurrier and gibbs spoiled his confidence by not believing in him, he wasn't a first rounder for nothing, i think he can be a player, our QB's coach and OC can untap his potential as a QB, timing, choices, and the other flaws he has can be fixed with the right coaching.

Leinart is the only QB in this draft that is closer to ready than anyone, and i still think he is not football ready, and today you need a big arm.

17. Ramseyfan

Ramseyfan New Member

We are very close in our thinking.

If you're right that Davis is a lock, I'd like to see the Jets take him because his impact on the offense would be huge.

18. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Active Member

Ferguson would be the best "mistake" the jets ever made.

19. ColezDeep!

ColezDeep! New Member

Mario's not going to last to #4, NO or Houston is going to get him

20. Johnnytint

Johnnytint Member

The top 4 are Bush, Williams, Leinart, D'Brickshaw and in that order and that is how they will probably go in the draft

If NO takes D'Brick we get Williams

If Tenn takes Young we get Leinart (I see if anyone wants to trade up for Multiple picks)

If both are true and Williams and Leinart are there I take Williams