Favre to sensitive of criticism

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by gsulli5861, Jan 1, 2009.

1. gsulli5861

gsulli5861 New Member

Favre won't like these reports coming out. To Bad! I think Favre is done. I don't think he wants any part of the off-season program, he never did in Green Bay. Like many, I was always concerned with the intercepts and thought that both Pennington and Clemens must have not impressed in camp for them to make this move. Let's face it this move did not work and this did the most to keep us out of the playoffs. The other offseason moves worked. Tannebaum has drafted 3 deserving pro bowlers( Mangold, Leon, and Revis). He als traded for 2 deserving pro bowlers(Jones nad Jenkins). I try to get a vet QB in here but I wouldn't hesitate to go with a young QB. I don't think Clemens would have thrown 22 intercepts.

2. FUpaladinstyle

FUpaladinstyle New Member

No way would the Jets be playing a meaningful game in week 17 if Favre wasn't a Jet (and no I don't mean they would have already clinched). Out of curiosity, how can you not know how to spell the word "too". Maybe Clemens wouldn't have thrown 22 interceptions, but TJ wouldn't have been as successful either.

3. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

Yeah, Pennington never could have beaten the Patriots, Chargers, Bills, Broncos, 49ers, Seahawks, Raiders, Rams, and Chiefs as Favre did. Oh, wait, nm.

4. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

the problem is not playing a meaningful game in week 17 -- we shouldn't have had to -- we had meaningful games in weeks 13, 14, 15, 16, & 17 -- this team failed to close the door on the Phins and Pats, lost control of their playoff future, and showed that they needed a change

5. FUpaladinstyle

FUpaladinstyle New Member

85 I'm saying that the season would have been over by then if Favre wasn't at QB. There would have been no playoff future to blow.

6. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

You sound like the same people that say. "the blame for the collapse is on everyone - not just favre". Yet in this situation its, "without favre we would have been much worse".

You should realize that our early success had a lot to do with the defense playing well and our offense making magic out of short passes.

7. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Chad would have taken care of business against seattle, SF, and Oak

Problem is would Chad have even been the QB? Mangini didn't want him and would have probably pushed for Kellen to start -- so all the talk about Chad could have or couldn't have really doesn't matter because I think Mangini would have pushed to start Clemens or pull chad the second he had a bad series....something he wouldn't or couldn't do with Farve

8. Jetcane

Jetcane New Member

Why not??

Last season in limited time he threw 10 Ints and 5 TD.

In the first two weeks of TC, he threw at least one int every day.

9. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Not even close to 22... more like 32.

10. Jets-jets-jets

Jets-jets-jets New Member

I understand the people pissed at Favre.....But do you really believe that at 8-3 Favre just simply lost it.......I think the injury played a big part in his collapse....Some of those picks he threw were typical Favre (trying to throw into double coverage.....not seeing a defender who jumps in and intercepts).....But a whole bunch of those interceptions were not typical (overthrowing a guy by a mile....or tossing a ball where there is nobody).....Those are not normal Favre interceptions......If anything the thing I think Brett was guilty of was trying to play through the injury....

But don't fool yourselves into thinking Kellen Clemens would have led this team to the playoffs.....He wouldn't have thrown all those picks....But there wouuld have been plenty more 3 and outs.

11. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#11 Jaded Green, Jan 1, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2009
  12. keypusher

keypusher Member

He had 13 interceptions in the 11 games (and six or so lost fumbles) before the collapse. That's not exactly stellar. And, as per the numbers posted by harshreality in several threads, this is the fourth year in a row that Favre's passing went south in the last quarter of the season.

13. Jaded Green

Jaded Green New Member

Coincidence???

I THINK NOT!!!

14. Phear

Phear New Member

Lol jaded do you ever post anything meaningful or are u just a 1 sentence wonder?

Seasons over people favre sucked down the stretch but so did our d and cs. U really think chad would have beaten seattle in that weather? Our cs were idiots that game as a whole. Almost 40 pass plays in that weather, come on use your heads. Going for it on 4th down on your own 25 when u have 3 time outs.

Everyone is quick to blame favre alone for the shitty play. but, when we're winning its the team. Love that logic.

15. keypusher

keypusher Member

Of course. Seattle was 3-11 going into that game. Anyone should be able to beat them. Besides, Pennington threw 3 TDs in worse weather in KC that same day.