Favre still obsessed with the packers

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mean Green, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Mean Green

Mean Green New Member

2. 4transplant4

4transplant4 New Member

WTF? Fox Sports? Whatever!!!

3. Wild Thing

Wild Thing New Member

I've been watching this story unfold on the Packer boards all day, but I'll hold off a day or two before I decide whether to believe it or not. Right now, it's still a little too sketchy. From what I'm hearing so far, the Lions head coach and defensive coordinator aren't denying it, just refusing to comment. I'm not going to read too much into that one way or the other. There'll be plenty of time to make judgments later, when we have more information to go on.

But I will say this - if it's true, fuck 'im. If he really did do this, I think the Packers should just cut all ties with him now and forever. No long term personal services contract, no retiring his jersey, no nothing. I'd be very disappointed in him, and would never want to see him associated with the Packers in any way again. I'd hate to think he'd do anything this dumb or this nasty, and I need to hear a lot more details before I'll buy it, but if he did he's dead to me.

4. Mr. Papagiorgio

The Favre having a Packers owned cell phone thing was proven to be false and Glazer was one of them reporting on it, so I'm doubting this rumor, too.

5. Wild Thing

Wild Thing New Member

Good point. I'm sure someone will get to the bottom of it sooner or later. On one Packer board I'm on, people are already calling for having him banned from the game and from the Hall of Fame. Jesus. Get a grip. If it's true, we'll find out one way or the other in due time. I think humanity will be safe from destruction for a week or two while we get it all sorted out.

6. uberchink

uberchink New Member

doubt it's true. just someone who doesnt' like favre

7. #17 with a bullet

#17 with a bullet New Member

Ari Fleisher is at work again!

8. Firemangini Ed

Firemangini Ed New Member

I doubt Favre or anyone would do something like this.

9. Traveling

Traveling New Member

That could be key. There were a number of things said about Favre from the Packers' front office that didn't prove to be true. I have the feeling that he probably did talk to the Lions, but he didn't sit there an reveal all of the Packers' secrets. A lot of time stuff like this is overblown, but unfortunately many people only remember the original story.

Not to go too much off on a tangent, but I remember when Brett was first talking about coming back. All the stories in Wisconsin said that Brett wanted out from the Packers. Later on it was revealed that it was the Packers that didn't want him back and that is why he was asking to be released. Still to this day people believe that Favre didn't want to be with the Packers anymore.

10. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

Good point - we would have won with Chad just like Miami did today pause not.

Farve was a retard pickup; someone whould to a rape on woody.