F cimini

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sec314, Jul 24, 2017.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

277 days until the 2018 draft. Media is piling on has made me change my Mimd about this team. F him and f them. We ain't gonna be that bad. Time to tally jet fans it's us against the NFL world once again

2. Ohnoit'sGeno

Ohnoit'sGeno Active Member

Unfortunately the Jets will be that bad, but it doesn't have to be a bad thing. Let's see a couple of these young kids emerge, and everything changes if they can get a franchise Qb.

Imagesrdecieving, Cman68 and Jets69 like this.
  3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Dick's right, we're awful. But F him anyway.

TonyFtLaud and Cman68 like this.
  4. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I'm going to Vegas end of August and heading straight to the Belagio to drop $500 on the Jets bringing home the bacon. At 5000 to 1 odds, I'll be cheering for the men in ugly green all season long!

Dsmiles13, hwismer and jilozzo like this.
  5. Ohnoit'sGeno

Ohnoit'sGeno Active Member

Why don't you send me the $500 instead, than just throwing that money away on foolish bet.( doing stupid things doesn't make you a better fan).

Footballgod214 and TonyFtLaud like this.
  6. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I was gonna bet over 4 wins but the Super Bowl. You are better off wiping your butt with it.

7. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I like your battle cry against the rest of the world but I want us to be 0-16, I would also like for us not to be total rubbish and look like we are a work in progress and lose a lot of tight matches, get our high picks and continue rebuilding the areas that need doing.

nicg4360 likes this.
  8. K'OB

I'm willing to bet £500 that the poster you replied to was being a little humorous :rolleyes:

#8 K'OB, Jul 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

It's very important that cimini and Mehta and the like sow discontent for the losing season that might be in front of us. Acceptance won't generate the clicks they need.

10. KleckoNamathToon

I have gone through a complete reversal lately. A few years ago I thought Cimini was a poison and Mehta was a fresh new voice for the Jets. Now I don't mind Cimini so much, in fact I feel I get the best "news" from him, but I won't read anything from Mehta (I was seeing him for what he was for a while but the "fake news" about Big Mo this spring was the last straw). I also won't read the NY Post because of their constant click bait negative slant. I like Hughes and Slater too. I also like Caporoso but I don't read his politics.

11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Cimini and Mehta both try to create the news more than report it. They grab on to an agenda and push it with every article they put out. That's why I don't read them much if at all. Out of the 2 I would prefer cimini though. I tend to read Hughes often enough, it is usually fact based reporting with out the speculation cimini prefers

12. DonnieBaseball23

DonnieBaseball23 Active Member

You should put your money where your mouth is. This team is going to be awful...

13. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Most Jets fans will be happier with 0-16 than they would be with 16-0.

What's funny to me is the long list of QBs picked #1 overall who won a Super Bowl for the team that picked them:

1) Terry Bradshaw
    2) Troy Aikman
    3) Peyton Manning

Drew Bledsoe won a SB with the Pats, but as a backup.
    Jim Plunkett, John Elway, and Eli Manning all went #1 overall and won multiple SBs, but not for the teams that drafted them.

But yes, the Jets, of all teams, will buck the trend and turn their tank season into a dynasty that lasts a generation!!!!!!

westiedog1 likes this.
  14. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I am gonna bet 20X on over 4 wins for the year. I am not under any illusions just don't think we are the worst team in the league with our defense. Our offense might be the worst but dee will be in top 15

15. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

sec - we are gonna suck but its all good. screw the media let them pile on. more entertaining.

16. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Again with the flawed logic. Just because it has only happened a few times before doesn't mean that it can't or won't happen again. There's also such a thing as the law of averages, and if anything, I'd say that it's more likely to happen than less likely.

Finally, the Jets' chances of building a winner, getting to and winning a SB are a lot better getting their pick of the QB litter next season (if need be if Hack doesn't pan out), than they would be having to take their 3rd or 4th choice at QB, or by taking another QB in the 2nd round or lower. How many of those guys even make it as successful starters, much less have won a SB?

17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

If by "bringing home the bacon" you mean the Lombardi Trophy then you're more delusional than I thought, or you prove P.T. Barnum's quote about a sucker being born every minute being ready to be taken. Betting $500 on the Jets winning the SB would be just throwing $500 away. If you've got that kind of money to throw away, by all means, please give it to a food pantry, some needy charity, or to a church or synagogue that is active in trying to help the poor. Don't make those scumbags in Vegas richer.

18. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I'm all about the Jets rebuilding. I'm all about them getting rid of old overpaid players and inviting competition across the board. I think the last two drafts have been executed very well, and I'm excited about the team's young talent. These recent drafts also give me reason to think Mac will do a better job scouting a top pick than any previous GM that I can remember.

How many guys taken in the 2nd round or lower even make it as successful starters? How many have won a SB?

Well, it tuns out that there have been a few Super Bowl winning QBs were not chosen in the 1st round:

Bart Star, 200th overall pick
    Johnny Unitas, 102nd
    Ken Stabler, 52nd
    Roger Staubach, 129th
    Joe Theisman, 79th
    Joe Montana, 72nd
    Jeff Hostetler, 59th
    Mark Rypien, 146th
    Brett Favre, 33rd
    Kurt Warner, Undrafted
    Brad Johnson, 227th
    Drew Brees, 32nd (2nd round back then)
    Russell Wilson, 75th
    Tom Brady, 199th

Again, I am 100% in favor of the rebuild. I am 100% opposed to tanking for a draft pick.
    I am 100% in favor of building around a QB. I am 100% opposed to throwing a 20-year-old kid on the field with a shit team around him and putting all the weight of the the rebuild and of the last half century of futility squarely on his shoulders.

westiedog1 and NCJetsfan like this.
  19. K'OB

You assume that all people want to take a QB with the number 1 pick, I want the Jets to have the number 1 pick and either get a top player or trade down for a good deal, I am unsure what the going rate for a number 1 selection would be but it should be beneficial to the total rebuild of this organisation.

As should the high picks in the other rounds.

I do hope that Hack shows he has enough about him to build a team around, this would be the ideal scenario but if he is truly awful then we may have no choice but to get a QB, it is no good saying FQB as that is no guarantee with any pick including the number 1 as your numbers suggest.

20. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

So what's changed to make it more likely that a No.1 draft pick will win a Super Bowl now? You can't just say you think it's more likely and ignore solid statistical evidence over decades of football.

FJF and TwoHeadedMonster like this.