Expectations for next year

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ArmandJ, Feb 20, 2014.

1. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

What are your expectations for next year to be considered a success for the Jets? Post whatever relevant info you want.

For me, Geno has to throw for around 20-25 TD'S and 10-15 INTs, 3500 yards. 1000 yard receiver would be nice as well as an 800 yard rusher.

On defense, team needs to get more takeaways. I believe we only had 12 this year...need to get that number closer to 20.

Team overall needs to finish with 10 or more wins and go 4-2 in division splitting with NE and Miami.

Axel3419 likes this.
  2. JetChibcha

JetChibcha Active Member

Adding More Offensive Talent either in Draft and Free Agency and also Filling some Defensive Holes especially in DB, we´ll be about 9-7 or 10-6, assuming Geno keeps improving of course.

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I don't care about #s, I care about wins. It's still early but w/ our cap space and picks I expect to be a serious playoff contender.

4. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

9 or more wins. Would like a playoff spot. Whether its a deep run or one and dun.

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If the Jets have a good off-season and stabilize the roster with 4 more young starters I expect them to go 9-7 or so with a good shot at a playoff spot. If they can find 6 quality starters I expect them do much better than that.

I think Milliner and Winters are both going to be better next year. Milliner is probably going to be a good plus player and Winters an acceptable guard, maybe better than that.

Axel3419 likes this.
  6. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

its all dependent on the growth of geno and the moves of idzik. we have the money, we have the draft picks, now we need to spend it on some offensive talent, draft some offensive talent (and a linebaker and a safety would be nice) and hope MM can get the most out of geno.

7. nyjunc

we need weapons for Geno. I expect we will be very aggressive acquiring weapons for him. we have a good run game, the OL is good, get a TE and some WRs

8. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Making the playoffs. Winning it all is the goal each year but sometimes you have to learn to crawl before you can walk before you can run.

9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

10 wins and a playoff berth

10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

For me, success will be measured in wins and whether or not the team makes the playoffs. Unless Idzik totally screws the pooch in FA and the draft, the Jets should have at least 9 wins if not 10 or more next year, as Geno, Milliner and Winters should all improve, Idzik should have added some better starters and depth, and the team should have more offensive consistency. If the Jets have added a top OLB or FS player/prospect, then they should definitely be a playoff team. If Idzik has done a great job in the draft/FA and the Jets don't make the playoffs, then Rex must go.

11. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

My expectation is that our young guns continue to improve ( Geno, Milliner, Hill, Winter, Ellis) the stars play at a higher level ( DeBrick, Mangold) and the young studs continue to play with the same passion. ( ie the majestic NY Defensive front).

My deepest desire is to see marginal and high contract players off the team or at least negotiated way down. read Cro, Holmes, Sanchez.

My biggest hope is simply to avoid or at least mitigate the amount of catastrophic injuries. We had more than our share last year.

My fondest wish is that our 2014 draft is even better than 2013 and we land both Offensive power as well as some needed OLB and safety help, coupled with a surgical free agency approach.

My dream scenario is that my desires, expectations, hopes and wishes come together so as to go deep into the playoffs

12. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I cant put it all on wins this year. Despite all the wins, the Jets still had a point margin of -97. Granted, everyone knows once or twice a year the Jets will throw up some stinkers.

I want to see Idzik manage the team well for this upcoming season, but also keeping an eye on the future. Going out and signing big name Free Agents will not work long term for this year, which is why I don't expect Idzik to do it. I think he'll sign short value contracts while making sure we have capspace to retain our guys. Mike T threw some bad contracts out there, and we don't want to make that mistake again.

Build through the draft, develop some continuity and show improvement in the areas where we were weak last year. Geno and Winters need to play better. Milliner needs to play like he did the last 3 weeks. Get a FS to platoon with Reed to play across from Allen. Get younger, cheaper and faster. The three kind of go hand in hand. Replace Harris if we get an MLB in the draft.

Playoffs would be nice and I think its a real possibility, but I'm not putting everything on a postseason appearance.

13. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Add on to our win total from last year and cut back on the turnovers...Geno will dictate how this team performs. His turnovers contributed to those blowout games we had this year

14. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

i agree our run game is fine. and if goodson gives us ANYTHING it will be even better. the OL is solid. we need depth there. i'm honestly not so sure we can fill the WR position in just one offseason. we are so thin there its laughable. i think the only way its fixed is if we get lucky with a later round WR panning out for us. TE is easy. draft Ebron. he should be there for us. only way this doesnt happen is if one of the 3 top WRs falls to 18. in that case, grab the kid out of washington in the second.

15. nyjunc

we have a good slot guy, we have good a good depth guy w/ Nelson. we just need some starters, a lot to ask to bring in 2 quality starters for this season but they are going to try.

16. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

17. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I'll answer this question around June/July

18. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Playoffs. Simply put.

I also think it's about time we stepped up and challenged the Patriots for the division. That team's not that good anymore. Brady's play has diminished.

19. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

The 8-8 means going forward the goal should be playoffs, even if the 8-8 was an unlikely end result by our quality of play and close game effectiveness.

Although I think it's unfair because we played worse than 8-8 team last year, I still want an improvement over 8-8, so a winning season and playoffs. It really comes down to who the young players are and how they play. Idzik, to steal a cliche, has a paint brush and pretty blank canvas right now. Time to make the Jets who he wants them to be.

20. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

My expectations are for us to beat New England twice. That is always my super bowl ^_^