Everyone is just frustrated and angry...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by scoochydawg, Oct 21, 2007.

1. scoochydawg

scoochydawg Active Member

So they need someone to blame every game so they blame Chad no matter what. Today wasn't his fault. Believe me I get mad and pissed just like everyone else, but just changing the QB to Kellen is not going to make a difference. You guys act like Chad threw 10 INT's He had a pretty good game besides that 1 int. Putting Kellen in isn't going to improve our Defense. Stop being whiny babies and blaming Chad, be men and deal with it. Its like you guys have temper tantrums and think putting in Kellen is going to be like putting in Peyton Manning.

#1 scoochydawg, Oct 21, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2007
  2. HCoftheNYJ

HCoftheNYJ New Member

I think you're completely off base. No one thinks replacing Chad is a cure-all. But QB is one of many gaping holes on this team, and is the one that is the most easily remedied.

3. scoochydawg

I dont think most people think that way.

4. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I think the timing of Chad's INTs is far worse than the number of them, but it's just as bad.

5. scoochydawg

When you are throwing the same pass 3 times in a row, the D is going to figure it out. It was a bad play call....

6. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

This game wasn't on Chad

But there's no point playing him for the rest of the season. This team is FINISHED- I'd argue I'm the biggest Chad fan on this board, but his time is up. He's gonna work well on a team with a good defense and I hope he ends up in Chicago or some team like that next season.

It's just time to move forward.

7. KiLLaH87

KiLLaH87 New Member

i knew the game was over by then though. the jets were up 23-10 in the 3rd and thats when the defense gave up 21 straight points. chad played alright today. the defense is to blame for the game and most likely for the whole season way more then chad

8. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

The INT today was because every single person on the planet knew what play was called. Even the announcers mentioned it. That's just plain fucked up coaching.

9. SouthBayJetsfan4life

SouthBayJetsfan4life Well-Known Member

I'm not frustrated nor angry.

It is what it is....

Chad is a good quarterback..but let's face it, his arm is killing the team. As it's been brought up NUMEROUS times here and on other message boards, other teams know that he doesn't have the strongest of arms, and they jump the routes.

Arm strength is something you have or you don't have. I don't think it can be corrected overnight, or in 16-game season.

I think it's time for Mangini to make the change to Clemens. I'm not saying Clemens will do a better job. But the organization has to see what it has before it can go forward. If Clemens isn't the answer..then Tannenbaum and Mangini better look to the draft or free agency for a new direction.

Lord knows they will have a high enough draft pick

10. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

Exactly. We're not playoff bound. Chad is gone in the offseason because of his contract. Why keep starting him? Just let the kid get some experience under his belt & expedite the rebuilding process.

11. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I agree, pointing the finger at Chad is not completely fair. Our Defense has been piss poor this year. Our line play on both sides of the ball has regressed.

That said, while Chad has played his heart out, he has made some bad mental decisions this year. Primarily, because our defense has put him in that situation. Our D ints are down, our forced fumbles are down, our sacks are down, and we stink at stopping the run. This makes Chad's limitations magnified to the nth degree.

Is replacing Chad the answer. Not really - we will still likely lose until our defense gets off their collective asses and starts playing for 60 minutes and our O line desides it is time to start opening some holes for runnng backs to go through by pushing the opposition off the line.

So we are 1-6 - I think it is safe to say we are not going to the playoffs and really comes down to where we want to be in the draft pecking order. I do feel that we need to fully evaluate Clemens' full capabilites now rather than later on in the season. I am not saying this guy is going to right the season, but I really want to see what this guy can do. It will be invaluable playing experience for him and we find out if he really is the guy for next year or do we have to go in an entirely different direction.

Chad - I love how he has played over the years, but the smart and objective decision makers of this team should trade Chad in the off-season, either for picks or a good named D player. Right now, Chad will clearly have value to some team, either as a starter or a very, very, good backup; 2 years from now; at least on the Jets anyway; Chad's value will have completely eroded away.

#11 GreenHornet, Oct 21, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2007
  12. Many want a change at QB for 3 reasons...

1. It could create a major spark throughout the entire team
    2. We need to find out if Clemmens is the future.
    3. We're gonna have a top 3 pick and need to find out if we need to draft a franchie QB or not.

13. Jetallica

Jetallica New Member

WHat is the point of playing Noodle Arm? Are we going to resign him next year? NO! SO why do we continue to play him? Oh I know because we are the Jets and thats what we do, we screw up thw present as well as screwing the future! I get it! This organization is disgusting and I am tired of these SAME OLD JETS. I find myself enjoying fantasy football much more than I do watching them and this comes after tears and tears. Its not worth it anymore, I believe someone else on the board said it best, I have better things to do on Sundays.

14. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

Why play him? So we can end the season 5-11 instead of 3-13??

15. JetGreen

JetGreen New Member

good summary. Next week is Buffalo again with a banged-up defense. Maybe Clemens can get on a roll. He'll have some easy and some tough games left. Time to see if he can take the lumps.

16. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

just shoot me

17. SouthBayJetsfan4life

SouthBayJetsfan4life Well-Known Member

Here..here.

I hear what you are saying...and I'm with ya.

18. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I'd give you credit for a good post, Kurt, except that this has been repeated about 8 million times already! NO ONE with half a brain thinks that Clemens is guaranteed to win more games than Pennington could; NO ONE with half a brain thinks that all of the problems are Chad's fault. What should be blindingly obvious to anyone at this point (and should have been obvious weeks ago) is that there is no good reason to keep sending Pennington out there.

19. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

Pile of Monkey Nuts > Chad

20. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

You seriously think our idiot coach will EVER bench Chad noodle arm?????????????????????????????