ESPN: Curtis Martin's Career Likely Over

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by EcKo151, Oct 31, 2006.

1. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Chris Berman said the Newark Star Ledger has reported that players, and managament personnel have told them that Curtis Martin is likely to be placed on IR next Tuesday and his career is over.

:martin:

2. JetFanInTampa

JetFanInTampa Banned

Its a shame to have his career end like this. Curtis is the man, one of the most underrated players in the nfl. Hes gonna retire as the 4th all time leading rusher. Its been a pleasure watching him play for us since 98

3. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2644240

Damn it's sad this guy never got a ring...

Most underrated running back of all-time...:up:

4. boomer

boomer Active Member

If this at all true, I wish it could have eneded differently. I want to wait for the offical word though.

5. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

too bad....I wanted him to come back for one game at the end of the year, take 2-3 carries at home then call it quits.

6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

7. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

It's too bad. It's probably best for the Jets moving forward, but a great era is over.

8. vxvenom

vxvenom Active Member

I was calling for Curtis to retire since last year, but now I feel like shit knowing he will never put on a Jets jersey again. I think we've taken Curtis for granted for the past few seasons, and only now realizing what a consistent threat he was for our offense.

9. BxJetFan

BxJetFan New Member

I would love to see Curtis to carry the ball one more time in a Jets uniform. Say it aint so. Mangini needs to beg Curtis to carry that football one last time. Imagine how crazy and loud that stadium would be if it was to happen. I would have goosebumps just by watching

10. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I'm gonna miss Curtis but I didn't really expect him to come back this year.

It's still really depressing.

11. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

damn even though i was expecting it.. i still cant believe it.. we will miss curtis..

12. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

Don't understand why he prolonged the inevitable, but at least now the team can move forward.

13. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I heard that on All Night with Jason Smith, Jason being a Jets fan says Martin is a lock for HOF and I hope he is right. I for one plan on being in Canton in 5 years when C Mart is inducted. He'll only be the 3rd Jet inducted but he certainly was as good to this team as the other 2. (Namath, Maynard) I'm pulling for the guy to make a full recovery so when I see him in Canton he'll be able to walk w/o use of a cane.

I'm probably the 1st on this board and I know I won't be the last but 28 will never be worn by another Jet player again. Hopefully the organization doesn't wait as long for C Mart as they did for Klecko, farewell Curtis......

14. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

Move forward? Was Martin holding us back somehow? I'm sure Martin messed up Rookie Leon Washington's game. Yeah. Why don't you for once try a differnt angle of thinking.

Anyway... I'm really gonna miss seeing #28 out on the field. I was hoping that somehow, someway he'd just come back and play. Just not fair...

:martin: :martin: :martin: :martin:

15. chef

chef Banned

curtis martin was a great player, kinda anoyying when he left, but when you go for the pats you get used you it.
    anyway he is one of my favourtire no pats players and he is good

16. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Curtis Martin....A Class Act

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. LWC611

LWC611 Member

if this is true, his number should be retired.

18. SOWELLisGOD

SOWELLisGOD New Member

i wish he could have ended his career differently...he deserves nothing but the best...definitely gonna wear the martin jersey today

19. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

Curtis = probably the greatest Jet ever. Definately the best Jet I have ever seen. I agree, his number should be retired.

Cheers buddy! I hope you get as much recognition as you deserve. Your career was a great one!

20. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

It's Ok fellas- we knew that this day would come one day. I'm actually happy that it's official, so that the team can make good on whatever salary obligations they have for him as a player and then sign him up as a RB/Asst. RB coach ASAP.

Think about the mileage the Jets got out of Curtis- he must have lasted longer than 95% of the RB's in the league when you consider their start and end dates.

Bravo Curtis- I would have liked to see you go out in a more traditional manner, with a ring on your finger, but you're still going out with alot of class and the respect of your fans....