Eric Page - WR - Toledo

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Lon Chaney, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Did anyone check out that game last night?

Page is built more like a RB at 5'10" and 195 lbs. He was very impressive once he gets his hands on the ball. He had something like 320 yards and 5 TDs last night.

He's only a junior but he is definitely someone to keep an eye on. He might come out early (pure speculation on my part). He's going to be all MAC Offense and Special Teams this year.

2. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

That was a basketball score, not football.

He's had a few good games, I think Mr. E has brought up his name a few times. He's an exciting player.

Late Rd pick or FA with all the talent at WR this year, if he even declared. He would be better served if he stayed another year. Small frame, may be a slot receiver, returner in the NFL.....poor man's Kerley.

3. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

^ Page is very similar to Jeremy Kerley.

Both were quarterbacks in high school that went on to play wideout for a mid-major program. Yes, I know that TCU is much better than Toledo.

If he came out, I think he'd be drafted...but not before the fourth round. I've heard that Page only runs in the 4.5s, so timed speed along with his lack of size will hurt his draft stock.

4. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Freddie Barnes, who came from the same conference and about 30 miles south of Toledo, at Bowling Green, wasn't drafted. Barnes was bigger, faster and had better stats.

So, I'll temper my enthusiasm on a 5' 10" 180 lb slow receiver form the MAC.

He's exciting, but IMO, not as talented as Barnes and he's in the CFL.

Some team could throw Page a bone, like we threw Scotty boy in Rd 7.

5. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Obviously he's not going to be a #1 receiver in the NFL.

He's one hell of a special teams player also which will definitely benefit him at the next level.

I agree he should stay in school for another year. No point entering the draft this year with depth at WR.

BTW, I can't believe this guy only runs a 4.5. He looked explosive Tuesday night. Maybe its because the guys ON NIU were slow also?

Toledo's next three games will be on ESPN so it will be fun to watch this guy the rest of the year.

6. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

The speed in the MAC is different from the speed in the Big Six conferences.

Also, timed speed and game speed are two very different things.