Empowering pedophiles

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by kbgreen, Jan 17, 2013.

1. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

This left me sick to my stomach!

http://www.nypost.com/Page/Uuid/0ab070d2-5f96-11e2-8875-6f678c531559

Empowering pedophiles
    By ANNE HENDERSHOTT
    Last Updated: 12:38 AM, January 16, 2013
    Posted: 11:36 PM, January 15, 2013

Attorneys for convicted child sex-abuser Jerry Sandusky last week went to court to get their client’s 30- to 60-year prison sentence overturned, while other Penn State officials may yet escape prosecution for failing to protect young boys from Sandusky. But the real outrage on the child-abuse front is occurring in academia — a drive to redefine pedophilia as innocuous “intergenerational intimacy.”

J. Michael Bailey of Northwestern University last year published a paper in the Archives of Sexual Behavior arguing that “persuasive evidence for the harmfulness of pedophilic relationships does not yet exist.”

AP

A normal guy, academics say: Sandusky arriving in court last week.

The revisionists even argue that efforts to protect children are the real danger. In her 2002 book “Harmful to Minors: The Perils of Protecting Children from Sex” (University of Minnesota Press), Judith Levine offered a “radical, refreshing and long overdue reassessment of how we think and act about children’s and teen’s sexuality.” In interviews, she claimed that, while “we do have to protect children from real dangers, that doesn’t mean protecting some fantasy of their sexual innocence.”

This redefinition of childhood innocence as a mere “fantasy” is key to defining away the deviance of pedophilia. Drawing upon the language of postmodern theory, those working to redefine pedophilia are first redefining childhood by claiming that it is not a biological given. Rather, it is socially constructed — a historically produced, social object.

As far back as 1990, the Journal of Homosexuality published a double issue on what it termed “Inter-generational Intimacy.” In one article, David Thorstad, former president of New York’s Gay Activists Alliance and founding member of the North American Man-Boy Love Association, wrote that “boy-love occurs in every neighborhood today.”

The American Psychological Association also helped to define down pedophilia in 1998 when its Psychological Bulletin published “A Meta-analytic Examination of Assumed Properties of Child Sexual Abuse.” The study’s three authors (Bruce Rind, Phillip Tromovitch and Robert Bauserman) suggested that such abuse does not cause harm and recommended that pedophilia should instead be given a “value neutral” label like “adult-child sex.”

NAMBLA quickly posted what it called the “good news” on its Web site, gushing that the “current war on boy-lovers has no basis in science.”

But NAMBLA is hardly the only non-academic enabler of this poisonous nonsense. The ACLU rushed to NAMBLA’s defense against a 2000 federal civil-rights lawsuit. The $200 million wrongful-death suit claimed that writings on NAMBLA’s site caused NAMBLA member Charles Jaynes to torture, rape and murder a 10-year-old Boston boy. The ACLU’s intervention eventually helped persuade the murdered boy’s parents to drop the suit.

And now there are media enablers, too. In the wake of Britain’s outrage over Jimmy Savile, the late BBC mega-star music host who has been accused of sexually abusing “hundreds” of children over the past four decades, the Guardian this month published Jon Henley’s article “Pedophilia: Bringing Dark Desires Into the Light.”

Henley cites a long list of experts, including many mentioned above, who argue that adult sexual attraction to children is “part of the continuum of human sexuality.” He claims that “there is a growing conviction, notably in Canada, that pedophilia should probably be classified as a distinct sexual orientation, like heterosexuality or homosexuality.”

It seems unimaginable that the likes of Henley will ever change our near-universal abhorrence of pedophilia, but the drive to redefine it may yet influence elite opinion or the courts. Without a doubt, NAMBLA and its academic enablers will continue their campaign to define down this vilest form of deviance.

Anne Hendershott, distinguished visiting professor of public policy at the King’s College in New York City, is the author of “The Politics of Deviance.”

2. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

Oh Canada. Piece of shits.

3. Barcs

Barcs Banned

All I know is that the NAMBLA episode of South Park was hilarious. I had no idea it was based on a real organization! Don't they claim to promote love and not sex?

4. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

lol. that was the first thing i thought of too

6. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Cool story.

7. Gunther

Gunther Member

Sounds like the same justifiable bullshit that the greeks used to screw little boys in the name of education.

8. akibud

akibud Active Member

Well, for this, I would gladly get a gun! Because I would go on the offensive, and start capping muthafukkers if they come anywhere near my kids !!

9. coltsfan_nyc

coltsfan_nyc Banned

I knew by the title of the thread I was going to get pissed off reading this!

10. odessa

odessa Banned

Wow welcome to the new American way.

11. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

I get your point. But let me reiterate it,,,

When you start deciding that terms are malleable...like the 2nd Amendment..,all terms become malleable.

We need to agree that something is concrete,,,or nothing is...and if the language is not....there is no basis for reality.

12. Hobbes3259

It's not new. It's been in process for 40 years...every co
    Level course that has the terms, gender, race or critical....is part of this issue.

13. joe

joe Well-Known Member

I wish David Thorstad and Jimmy Savile could've traded places with Abner Louima.

Isn't it interesting that it's only the ADULTS who are promoting this predatory depravity. What child, yes CHILD, is going to look at hairy ol' Uncle Frank as a sex object or years later in adulthood thinking: "gee, I'm glad I let those guys suck & fuck me." Yes I know that last sentence was crude but let's not give it the soft spin--that's exactly what's in play here: child abuse in its most unconscionable, grotesque form.

Fucking chickenhawks taking advantage of children who are in no position to yet know what end is up. I dispise these people, wish nothing but the worst of "abuse in prison" upon them and the fact that there are slippery slope advocates for these atrocities not only gives pause but should give any one with a shread of compassion (let alone two brain cells) the chills.

14. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

I brought up the terms argument when talking about "gay marriage" I felt that the term marriage was historically important and said so. Here is a simular thing only in that the term is underfire.

15. deathstar

Historically important? lol

16. odessa

odessa Banned

The New American way is political correctness out of control. It's a rather sickening sight. Exceptance of every perversion and sickness, welcome to hell.

17. deathstar

Move to Iran. They have the same way of thinking as you do...And its institutionalized and bound to stay the same since they love living in the 7th century...

#17 deathstar, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  18. Hobbes3259

Funny...because you seem to have the same faith in centralized authority,as the mullahs do.

Depending on the regime of course.

19. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Weird, I thought this was going to be a thread about how NFL refs are biased towards Tom Brady.

20. Barcs

Barcs Banned

New? Go back a hundred years and change, and the age of consent in the majority of US states is 12 at highest, with some states being as low as 9. Things have changed drastically since then, when things were completely dominated by Christianity, and surprise surprise, the age of consent isn't even at puberty in some states. Pedophiles are much less empowered today than they have ever been. Back in old times people looked the other way, but now they are portrayed as evil scumbags and are considered worse than murderers in prison. Interesting how things change.

#20 Barcs, Jan 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2013