Elevate Zach

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Acad23, Dec 3, 2023.

1. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

and we want Positive Vibes Only!

JackBower likes this.
  2. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

That's how bad it's gotten.

The argument for Zach Wilson is that he's not quite as bad as two QBs who have no business being on any NFL roster. I think that's called damning with faint praise.

abyzmul and stinkyB like this.
  3. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Why now?

As wild as it is to say, maybe Saleh was right all along with his "Zach gives us the best chance to win games" shtick earlier in the year and at this point, there's 0 reason to go back to him.

Season's over everyone. Ride out Boyle to a top 3-5 pick and start from scratch in the offseason.

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

after Rodgers injury they had a unique opportunity to experiment with QBs.

-Maybe Carson Wentz is washed, maybe he isnt, lets see.
    -Has Josh Dobbs caught lightning in a bottle? or is it a fluke? Lets toss a late pick over and see
    -Tannehill was just benched? Lets grab him for the rest of year.

etc.

Joe Douglas sat on his fat ass though and we are playing practice squad level QBs every week now

5. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Because the season is over and there is only shit product we have to post about unfortunately. As far as brain surgeon analogy, the way JD set up this operating room and the tools he laid out, only some of the world's best surgeons may be able to do the job. If they don't get hurt in the process. There is no need to get upset another QB is blamed for sucking, not just Zach. Take it easy, no one is saying Zach is a "starter", it's not about him at all. I just think the team has much deeper problems starting at FO.

But listen, I don't think Zach should play this season, he's done that enough. Siemian by merit (and by merit I mean that other QBs already started and sucked) should get a start, he is the only one who hasn't, and maybe give him a couple of games, then go from there. Though I would prefer Boyle starting at this point, because this would increase probability of losing out, and therefore a greater possibility of clean house and a better pick, which is what I would prefer just now.

6. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Frankly, I would like to see what Zach could achieve in an offense that emphasizes throwing the ball downfield. I'm not saying he'd be so good, but I think he could be better if the coaching staff designed an offense around his strengths. Saleh and his staff have never done that.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

The NE game there were guys getting open downfield all game (particularly Garrett).... and he doesnt see / anticipate them getting open/finding holes in the defense, and checks down.

8. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

It could be that being coached to be conservative has hurt his confidence. On the other hand, he should be able to overcome bad coaching. It's hard to know the answers.

9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I'm with you on Siemian - already have seen too much of Boyle and way too much of Wilson.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  10. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

My head tells me they should stick with Boyle/Siemian and go for the highest draft spot they can get, but my heart wants them to go back to Zach and try to win.

Another season of "frying pan or fire" choices, AGAIN!

I think the only answer is to ignore them until Woody sells the team.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  11. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

as a fan i'd rather just see "best product" on the field and not worry about the draft position.

12. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

They certainly won a few with Zach, but Zach didn't win much either. He reminds me of Sam in his 3d year here. Similar situation offensively, not much winning, even the stats are nearly identical, Zach is slightly better actually, a little more ypg and passer rating. Maybe he can be a back-up in this League just like Sam, still only 24. Boyle and likely Siemen can't be, which is why I want them to start. Zach won't win much more than them, and even one extra win could cause a really good player in the draft or save JD, who I think has to go. Let Simien play, who knows we haven't really seen him yet, even though we probably already know the answers to what he will look like.

13. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yes, as I said, my head tells me your suggestion is right, but as a fan, my heart and emotions want to win. It's the curse of being a fan of a perpetually losing franchise.

dmw likes this.
  14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Because Douglas and Saleh know that if the Jets go 4-13 they're gone, so they don't care about a top 3-5 pick that they won't be able to benefit from.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  15. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Which is why they need to be gone the sooner the better. I've never had this clarity in all years of being a fan. Boyle is the ticket to the best draft pick. We don't even need to intentionally tank, just start him, and he will do the rest. How the fuck the guy managed to stay in the League for 6 years after throwing 1 TD and 13 picks in FBS is beyond me. I suspect Siemian currently is not much better, so we can play him too. But playing Zach now is wrong on many levels, including that he might throw a couple of untimely good passes with his big arm if he gets some protection and stumble into a win, like against Giants and Philly.

Then as a GM hire an assistant GM from a winning organization like Philly, who has been there for a while and learned from a top GM, and as a HC, a successful current OC who is calling plays. Not like Gase, who had #32 ranked offense in Miami before Chris hired him, but actually one who is doing well as an OC. Then things can be turned around very quickly, starting next season. We don't need to wait for 5 years like with JD.

16. jjt4201

jjt4201 Active Member

This is the opposite of true on a couple of levels, but specifically the one where you think the coach and GM are malicious people. What are you even talking about.

17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

What are you talking about? It's not malicious for a coach and GM to try to win games to save their job rather than tank for a pick they're unlikely to get to make.

18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Looks like we're gonna have to frog march Zach on to the field..

19. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Starting Boyle is deliberately tanking. That guy has absolutely no business being on a semi-pro roster, let alone an NFL roster.

20. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

And yet here he is. JD made the bed. Time to lie in it.