Elevate Zach

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Acad23, Dec 3, 2023.

1. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

He's always had a strong arm, pretty accurate and knows where to throw it... put him in the right situation like now with the Browns and he'll thrive especially throwing to a guy like Cooper. The trouble is he's more of a statute than even Brady.. he could never be good behind the Jets O line when a QB has to run for his life every play.

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Yes, I agree. You would've won today all by yourself. At least no flag for too many men on the field. Did they manage that today, btw? o_O

I know you meant should, but my point still stands. I hate the Jets.

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  3. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

We haven't made the playoffs in 13 years. When did we stop being a laughing stock?

Ralebird, Jets81, papapump and 2 others like this.
  4. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

I considered this nonsense and paranoia all year long, but it's really starting to make a lot of sense now.

5. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Before too. Before AND after. JD just vomited all over himself this entire year after convincing Rodgers to come here. It's time for a change.

6. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

In hindsight, he did so well in that trade because he happened upon a GM dumber than him.

Douglas is a joke and needs to be fired. Two seconds from now is not soon enough.

Borat likes this.
  7. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

I don't disagree that Zach is the best QB out of the (3)

But you just need to let Zach go- his time in NY is finished. You can't give this FO any second thought that Zach can be the QB of the future.

Let Siemian finish the year.

Jedi mind tricks and papapump like this.
  8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

OMG. Remind me again as to what the biggest problem with this team was/is. Zach? Hardly the case even with all his woes. We would have never, ever, gotten into this position if JD, RS and the entire OC staff knew two shits about selecting enough offensive talent at the most crucial positions, ie Q and OL, and God forbid smart offensive minded coaches executing a well disciplined offensive game plan.
    For starters, Zach and the two QB impostors to back him up while quote “Zach spends a year under development” are a direct reflection of how incompetent this leadership is in balancing priorities and fielding a good product for the fans.

9. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

This team is beyond watchable I say we fold up and move to south africa

cval likes this.
  10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

No point in bringing Zach in now, needless drama. I hope they never win another game until there is a new owner.

Jedi mind tricks and papapump like this.
  11. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

You are probably right on that, but the thing is, if JD had a better off-season, built a line and a better WR core, even if Rodgers got hurt (with a better OL maybe he wouldn't) Zach could probably function as an average back-up and hold the fort until Rodgers returned. But now, we are going to have to eat a pretty massive guaranteed salary and CAP hit if we waive Zach in the off-season. JD fucked up really really bad in many ways than one. He needs to be done here, he just has to be. There has to be consequences for a fuck up of such magnitude. I mean we are a fucking laughing stock again 4 years after he took over. It's time chickens come home to roost.

papapump and JetDan like this.
  12. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Yeah, we know Zach sucks, but acting like he was the only problem with this offense was always an oversimplification. The problem lies with our entire organizational philosophy, from Douglas, to Saleh, and especially with Hackett.

If you don't have a great QB, you MUST have an innovative offensive HC calling plays. It is the only way to field an offense good enough to consistently win games. Purdy is playing well, but the 49ers are always good regardless of who they have at QB because they have an offensive wizard as a HC.

papapump, ColoradoContrails and LAJet like this.
  13. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

LMFAO god its so easy to fool simpletons. Boyle being wretched, which was known, doesnt mean Zach isnt ALSO WRETCHED.

They are not mutually exclusive. But this is exactly why JD has Boyle as the backup, bc the moutbreathers instantly now think Zach wasnt that bad or that it wasnt Zach’s fault. Hook line and sinker for the retard fans.

jjt4201, The_Darksider and papapump like this.
  14. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

Agreed on almost all points. But his defenders will claim injuries and patience.

This team might not win another game this season. Its as bad as the team he "completely torn down" in 2019 and "rebuilt"

Borat and papapump like this.
  15. jets_fan

Assuming we finish this thing at 4-13, his teams will have finished back to back seasons on six and ten game losing streaks. That, combined, is an entire season of losing. That is unacceptable. Period, full stop, absolutely unacceptable. He should be thanking Rodgers every time he sees him because Rodgers is the only reason he still has a job.

JetDan likes this.
  16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Spicy take...

Feeling the same way right now.

17. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I don’t believe for a second anyone here has said that Zach wasn’t a major problem, starting with me. But he is not the root cause problem, JD and RS and the OC and the whole philosophy is shit offensively. Further, the notion JD is putting trash at QB to make Zach look better ( to whom I don’t know) is outer BS in my opinion, because the absolute dismal results are a huge bad reflection on JD and the coaches, first and foremost. So if you think all will be fixed with AR good luck with that. We will go nowhere.

Borat, ColoradoContrails and REVISion like this.
  18. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Get rid of all including Rodgers if he doesn’t like the changes would help.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  19. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

They certainly would've had a much better chance at winning today with Zach. Of course the problem becomes unless they rip off a bunch of wins and sneak into the playoffs with him, the more likely outcome is that maybe he'd win them 1 or 2 more games and they'd wind up with a worse draft position than if they stick with Siemian/Boyle.

But as much as I'd like them to have a higher draft position, I can never bring myself to root against them, so for me, I vote for putting Zach back in and hope for the best.

And yes, it's malpractice for what Douglas has done, not fixing the OL - and spare me the "Well no one can predict injuries, blah, blah, blah" - he simply hasn't invested in fixing this problem the way he invested in the defense, plain and simple. And it was compounded malpractice for him to not have gotten at least a competent backup for Zach, if not someone to replace him to enable the "sit Zach for a year" plan to work. (Not to mention allowing Zach to start Year 1 instead of sitting behind a veteran).

Again, the consistency of futility can only be explained by poor ownership IMO. When failure spans multiple GMs and CS over years, there's only one place to point the finger: the owners. But Woody won't sell. Why should he? He's virtually printing money regardless of W/L. I wouldn't, nor would almost anyone. So what's left for us fans? Hope a richer billionaire offers to buy the team? Maybe if the fans staged a total strike: refused to enter the stadium on a day when they're scheduled to be televised. IDK.

This shit is beyond getting old.

jets_fan likes this.
  20. jets_fan

And it's all going to repeat again next year. Just next year, it might not be the QB that drags it down, but something else that is both entirely fixable and easily predicted, yet ignored by our genius GM. Rodgers is a future HOF QB, but he's not good enough to put this lousy franchise on his back and carry it to greatness. Joe Montana couldn't do it either. Nobody can.

ColoradoContrails likes this.