Ed Oliver Arrested - probably Miss time

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 88toon, May 17, 2020.

1. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

Doubt he plays game 1. Probably a similar penalty to Herndon or more. DWI and possession of firearm

2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

WTF is wrong with these people?

You have it made, keep your nose clean for 10 years, bank your money and then and only then go and do the fucking dumb stuff.

Idiots.

Leicester Jet, nycarl and donkey like this.
  3. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Why now when the country is opening up again?

I get that people are sick & tired of being locked inside but losing control now is like collapsing at the end of a marathon right before the finish line.

Can't hurt the Jets chances to win in week 1.:)

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

Sure doesn’t! We played without Herndon and Moseley basically in game 1 so I won’t complain

5. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

This is where it pays for Douglas to be looking for high character guys. Knowing what they are off the field is imperative now. Some of players going to jail this offseason. Another plus for JD.

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

A linebacker is a homicidal maniac in a uniform.

I thought this was well established by 1968 or so.

7. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I don't even know if "high character" is even quite what it comes down to half the time. More like just use your head.

This came up when Robby The Genius was arrested (for the second time) by what luckily for him turned out to be a turd cop: at the end if the day, don't be an idiot and help things along.

Also mentioned at that time, basic counseling should be a requirement if it's apparent some of these guys are an accident waiting to happen. It could save everyone a lot of grief.

That being said, I don't think it's a stretch to feel confident that Sam Darnold won't end up in a strip club where gunfire breaks out. The maturity level as well as the idea of avoiding career suicide will prevent that, there isn't even a doubt in my mind. It's not his fault he grew up in a stable home with loving parents and food security, but at the same time, it's evident that some of these guys who had no such thing just don't have the tools to leapfrog disaster.

Curtis Martin found his grandmother murdered with a knife sticking out of her chest and he didn't become a statistic if you want to talk about a shining example of a character guy, and although I don't pretend to know what the recipe is as to why some players transcend and some do not, I'm not averse to Goodell making rookies take mandatory courses at life a condition of employment, even basics like pee pee in giney makes a baby. Watch out for a bad crowd who will bleed you dry. Don't flash your money around. Beware of crooked "financial advisors". Hire a personal babysitter if you must go to a club. Don't buy and carry an illegal weapon. It doesn't seem like rocket science, but apparently it is.

K'OB and nycarl like this.
  8. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

He’s 22 yrs old ... lets be real ..i for one was no boy scout when i was 22 I thought I was invincible and would live forever ..then throw in the fact these guys have Plenty of money to throw around with a bit of fame..Kind of surprised it doesn’t happen more often

9. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Houston attorney Gary Patterson says all charges against @BuffaloBills DT Ed Oliver, former @UHCougarFB star, stemming from his arrest May 16 in Montgomery County, are being dismissed. Oliver was arrested for DWI & unlawfully carrying a weapon : “The charges against Ed Oliver..” pic.twitter.com/s4SzIER5m1

— Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) July 22, 2020

All charges dropped. Looks like he will be playing week one

10. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Wow, good for him. So I guess the gun was licensed, too (no mention of it there). Just stay home now, lol. I'm not sure how he got his blood drawn, because sometimes cops will put up resistance to that and say well, by the time that happened it was 3 hours after the fact blah blah. Wait:

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/te...WI-gun-charges-dismissed-Houston-15426652.php

So there you have it.