Eagles QB Situation vs. Jets QB Situation

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by JFjets, Oct 29, 2012.

1. JFjets

JFjets New Member

Word today is that the Eagles will be making the switch next week to Rookie Nick Foles. Yet Rex Ryan apparently can't see his way to make the switch to a back-up who led his team to a division and play-off win last year.

Michael Vick this year has a better QB rating than Sanchez, better completion %, more passing yards, better yards/game, and has accounted for the same number of TD's as Sanchez. Bigger contract than Sanchez has with the Jets, yet Vick is hitting the bench (and seems willing to do so, realizing that he is not getting the job done) while Sanchez doesn't seem too bothered about how things stand and still gives the Jets "their best chance to win", according to Rex.

Pride is an amazing thing. Be interesting to see how long it takes Rex to swallow his pride and decide whether he wants Sanchez to be a millstone around his neck and possibly get him fired, or if he wants to have some guts and take a chance that Tebow might spark some wins. I watched his post-game press conference and while he said all the right things in support of Sanchez, his words sure didn't have the weight of strong conviction behind them, that much was clear. We'll see if he re-thinks things during the Bye week.

2. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Pride is a factor, yet I believe Andy Reid's hot seat is MUCH hotter than Rex Ryan's right now. He is making the switch to throw Vick under the bus.

P.S I'm a Tebow fan.

3. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Also, Foles looks awesome.

4. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Preseason warriors usually get a rude awakening in the NFL regular season.

5. JFjets

JFjets New Member

I don't doubt this is true. I read somewhere today that Reid wanted to bench Vick as far back as middle of last season, and was hoping Vince Young would show something so he would have some "justification" to bench Vick after their terrible start last season. As we all know, Vince Young didn't do much for the Eagles.

I'm not arguing against them benching Vick and giving Foles a try. I think they should do it. Just think it's ironic the circumstances in which they are willing to bench their starter and give the back-up a try, compared to the Jets situation, where the coach clearly isn't willing to entertain that thought right now, much less act on it.

6. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Tebow sucks as a QB that why.

7. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

His carrer passer rating is higher than Sanchez's. But only like 4 points though.

8. JetsDfc

JetsDfc New Member

Eagles have nasty weapons, but need a better qb.

The Jets have 2 qbs and desperately need weapons.

In a perfect world we could send them sanchez and green for Mccoy and Jeremy Maclin.

a double head rushing attack with Mccoy and tebow could make our ground and pound legitimate.

p.s i'd rather have desean Jackson, but that would be too good even for my dreams.

9. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Sources: Michael Vick still the starter -- for now

At least he is put on notice.

10. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Pisses me off that Sanchez can stand up in the post-game interview and declare openly that he is not afraid of losing his job whatsoever and that the Tebow talk doesn't bother him. If nothing else, Rex needs to scare this dude into thinking his job is on the line if he doesn't perform. Vick, a much better QB was threatened of being replaced by an unknown quantity in Nick Foles. Meanwhile, Tebow rots on the bench with no chance of starting even if Sanchez fails to keep games competitive. I'm not saying Tebow has to start now, but Sanchez is too comfortable. Rex Ryan acts like Sanchez is Aaron Rodgers.

11. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

If you look last year, that is what divided the locker room. Has Rex learned anything?

12. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Arrogant prick said he is "having fun" with the guys. I suppose he was partly trying to be nonchalant and not give the media anything to work with, but damn poor choice of words. I don't know why people love this guy so much. He's getting on my nerves with the stupid pump-fake before a pass b.s. and playing just good enough not to get fired.

I would have no issue if Sanchez went out there and tore it up and the Jets were winning. But seeing him get a pass, while the rhetoric is that he is secure in his job because Tebow sucks is infuriating. Sanchez is probably .00062% of the football player Tebow is. Leadership comparison is even less than that.

Go out there and win games, Sanchez. NO EXCUSES for losses from SanJizzers. Hold him to the same standard as Vick, or Tebow for that matter. It might do him and the Jets some damn good.

13. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

In fairness, the Jets wins and losses as a team, it is unfair to blame one person. Though if I were Rex I would bench Slauson, he hasn't gotten the job done at all and is probably the worse player on the OL. I would put everybody on notice privately, perform or get benched. Contracts, years served dosn't matter. Get people who want to play and win. Give the younger players a chance. If Sanchez dosn't respond, bench him. Parcells has benched high priced QBs, so has Andy Reid (Donovan McNabb). Heck even Alex Smith got benched MANY times until he proved himself as a "decent QB".

14. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Tebow would get crucified if he played as bad as Sanchez. He would never, ever, get the long leash Sanchez has got from coaches and at least some fans.

15. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

[​IMG]

16. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

So much anger.

Very common phenomenon when exposed to the Jets.

17. phaytal

phaytal New Member

Nick Foles has looked fantastic in the limited preseason time that he has had. He has a great arm, a very quick release, he is accurate and is a gritty football player. He is the future of the Eagle organization if he can put it together.

Tebow looked absolutely miserable in his limited preseason time, and has not improved a thing since he was drafted 3 years ago. Not one GM or coach in the league wants him as a quarterback, and he is not the future of any organization. He will forever be a stop-gap/gimmick player.

Pretty simple if you ask me.

18. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

Remember last year when we all said Mark needed a solid vet behind him to light a fire under his ass ??? Well this is why he was not upset about the Tebow trade, he realized the Jets traded a guy who could replace him with a guy who has no shot at all of replacing him.

Rex needs to dress GMac and give the clip board to Tebow. Unless he is not being allowed to do this by the people above him, and he is choosing to stick with Mark. If that is the case and he cannot see this team needs a spark and that begins with the QB, then he is no the coach we all thought and expected him to be. If that is the case then we are going to suffer another year of this crap. In which.case the empty seats will force Woody to clean house at the end of next season and begin again So there you go many more years of misery to look forward to, the story of all old Jets fans.

19. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Hey "stop gap gimmick player" beats "out of the league in 2 years" anyway....baby steps! He is growing on you I see.

I am happy to see your progress Phaytal.

20. Potzer

Potzer New Member

Pretty funny,

They were talking about this on Orlando radio this morning. Saying that it was obvious that the igles should not change qb's, while being obvious NYJ should. I don't know that I fully agree with that sentiment. Its interesting though.