E3 2008

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Jtuds, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Biggest news so far:

Rock band 2 will be XBOX 360 exclusive and Final Fantasy XIII will not be PS3 exclusive, as it will be on the 360 as well...

2. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

This is from Nintendos Global President, Staoru Iwata on a PK just one hour ago:

Nintendo also anounced that "Shawn White Snowboarding"

3. German Jets Fan

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/888/888837p1.html

[​IMG]

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Any good news for the PS3 from E3?

5. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Their press conference is this afternoon so there should be some stuff announced...I think it is at 230....last year if I remember correctly, you could watch the press conferences online but I dont think u can this year.....gamespot is doing a shitty job of updating everything too...

6. German Jets Fan

There was a Livestream for the Nintendo-PK. I can imagine, that there will be one for the PS3 one, too. Look at some PS3 or Gamingboards.

7. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

The PS3 conference is on now...live on gamespot.

Movies and TV shows will be available on the PS3 tonight!!!! 2.99 for a movie rental and they have like 8 studios on board......

Showing all the PSP and PSnetwork stuff before anythign about new games.

8. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

I missed all the stinkin PS3 new game news!!!

Stupid work.

9. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

sony is about finished. if microsoft can get the next dragon warrior game on the 360 sony can kiss the japanese market goodbye which is really all that's keeping them afloat.

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Huh? The PS3 is far superior to the 360.

11. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

i dont know whats worse, A Xbox 360 homer, or a New York Jets homer....ill agree with NYJ2K08 here....the PS3 dominates the 360.

12. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

the only fanboyism i'm seeing in here is from you two. sony just lost one of it's biggest exclusives, which is good news for everybody except sony. i'm just happy i won't have to consider plunking down several hundred dollars for a glorified blu ray player just to play a game.

13. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

Not to mention not having Rock Band 2 is going to hurt.

I was reading my Game Informer today and they had polls. More people own both Xbox360 and Wii than just own PS3. That surprised me.

14. Tight

Tight Active Member

sold my 360 to get a ps3.. changed my mind, buying the elite on ebay right now.. screw sony

15. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Sony didn't show up with the most important goods today, which is big game news.

However, keep in mind that most of their big news is already out, MGS4 most recently which has been called the news standard by reviewers worldwide. Also, everything about Killzone 2, Resistance 2, and Socom: Confrontation was already known.

Losing Rockband is big though, and not having FFXIII is also a huge blow.

Technologically, in terms of power and potential, the PS3 is absolutely superior to XBOX 360, but look what it is. The PS3 is more than just a vid game system, it's pretty much a PC that hooks up to your TV and has a Blu-Ray player in it whereas the 360 is a video game system and doesn't try to be more.

The one thing that Sony has goign for it is that the PS3 is one of the most recommended Blu-Ray players out there, and it is cheaper than the stand-alone BR players, so if you want Blu-Ray, you might as well buy the PS3.

Still.....Sony needs to get their heads around that fact that the vast majority of customers are buying it as a video game system, so all these new services and quirky online communities are prioritized far behind the games in the buyers' eyes, and they failed to deliver as much as we wanted in terms of games today.....despite that fact that we already know alot about that's coming in the next year.

They are breaking ground with that game MAG though.....256 players online....that is unheard of.

#15 Jtuds, Jul 15, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2008
  16. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

17. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

http://www.eurogamer.net/tv_video.php?playlist_id=12350

And Rockband is not exclusive to the 360
    While ive been a fan of Harmonix for some time. The drum set in the new Guitar Hero looks far more intuitive. The fucking thing has cymbals!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYns9PtPnRA

Wii MotionPlus looks like it works. But Nintendo abandoned anyone over the age of 12 this week and should be hated for it :smile:

#17 xmscott, Jul 16, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2008
  18. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Console sales are driven by two major things: marketing and games. Microsoft has spent nearly a billion dollars to market the Xbox in the last generation, and basically convinced otherwise rational gamers to shell money for system just so they can play Halo games. There was absolutely no reason to pick one up other than to play Halo, yet the company was able to attract enormous amounts of attention.

With the momentum Microsoft had after the last generation, they did the right thing by getting a head start in this generation's console war. Now Sony's playing catchup, and will likely stay in 3rd place until sometime next year (right now PS3 monthly sales are beating the 360, all after the launch of MGS4).

Marketing can only do so much, as the PS3 obviously has the edge in terms of technology and a BluRay to boot. Sony needs a few more MGS4-type exclusive games to draw even more people away from the 360, and will eventually become the console of choice for hardcore gamers.

19. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Oh I see....man I friggin hate how they do that....they talk like it wil only be on one system ut really it will be on both jsut later in the year

20. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Here is an article about how Sony would rather put money into its own games than spend to acquire games from third parties, which is what Micorsoft is doing:

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=19448

Sony has games like MGS. LittleBigPlanet, Resistance, Ratchet and Clank, Killzone, Fat Princess (lol), Socom, MAG, Gran Turismo, etc.