Dyer: Vets upset Geno started

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ArmandJ, Dec 2, 2014.

1. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Pretty damning stuff coming from Dyer (who I trust). This whole thing needs to be blown up.

I'll post link in next post (weird rule)

2. ArmandJ

“We've packed it in, waived the white flag, whatever you want to call it,” one Jets player told Metro by phone on Tuesday afternoon. “It wasn't a good sign, not at all. They gave [Geno] how many chances over the past year? He does badly, gets benched and starts the next week. Mike has one bad game in three starts and he's put down for the rest of the year. Doesn't make sense. You've got guys busting their [butts] this year, fighting for jobs, and you want to win. You want to win but it seems like they've got something about the future and only the future now. With Michael, you know what you're getting, he's done it all. Been in every situation. If he starts this season, I'm not saying we're perfect but we win a few more games. Maybe we're in the playoff mix, I dunno. But you bench him, well, the older guys I talk to weren't that happy. We're not anti-Geno, the kid does it right and tries, but we want to win. He needs to improve, ya know?
    "We could still get some wins this year. Look at [Monday] night. We didn't move the ball at all in the second half. At all. If we actually throw it, maybe we win this thing. At the very least, we change field position a bit. But they've given up on this season and us.”
    It's a damning indictment from a locker room that the player described as “shocked and surprised” when it was announced that the team was going back to Smith.

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

did I miss something? when exactly was Vick playing well? outside of a half against Pitt what did he really do?

4. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

One problem with Rex is that he listens too much to these guys. The insinuation being that Idzik forced Geno down Rex's throat. So maybe his answer was: ok I'll play him if you insist. But that doesn't mean I have to let him throw the ball. You didn't say anything about that. The sooner we get rid of Rex the better no matter whose the GM. He's more trouble than he's worth. A smart guy like Ozzie Newsome would never in a million years have hired Rex as HC.

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Rex is the best thing to ever happen to this franchise, it is a shame he will be going and like Sanchez we'll get to watch him win somewhere else.

6. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Vick should be put back in jail for stealing. He is totally uninterested and has no business collecting a paycheck.

This whole team has played horrible with a few exceptions, so whatever vets are pissed off well who gives a crap?

ajax, Big Cat, Snoopdogg and 2 others like this.
  7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Cry me a river vets.. You think anyone is surprised that a 2-10 team is looking to the future?

I'd be more concerned about their own jobs. No Body... And I mean nobody's job is safe here. I wouldn't wave that white flag if I was that gutless veteran because quitting could leave him on the unemployment line when this organization brings in new people next year that actually hold players accountable.

74 and Snoopdogg like this.
  8. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Who are the Vet sources? The Vets are part of the problem. There is no quality leadership in the franchise.

The fish stinks from the head down.

Idzik did a shit job of filling roster needs

Rex did a shit job of preparing the team for battle

Marty just sucks

The line sucks and oh yeah a 2nd year qb sucks

But the NY media sucks the hardest

9. ArmandJ

Putting on my detective hat, I think it's Colon.

Big Cat, almbleamal and irishwhip03 like this.
  10. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Ironically the other 51 guys in the locker room were probably more ticked off than Vick was about Vick being benched.

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Good guess. Could it be ferguson? He looks like he's going through the motion and quitting..

Chris johnson maybe.. He had a real "fuck it" quote after last nights game. But this leads you to believe it's someone who was here last year.

12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Will all of his faults, Rex is a much better coach that Idzik can ever be a GM. A smart owner would have know this, as any smart GM.

Hobbes3259, irishwhip03 and FlaJet like this.
  13. ArmandJ

The 'respected around the league' quote makes it Colon. Plus, he's been slightly frustrate with flip flopping. Only other guess is maybe Landry, but I doubt it.

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

"I don't be on the field."

Nope, not Chris Johnson, unless he had an interpreter with him.

MikeSLTJ23, joe, Big Cat and 6 others like this.
  15. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Yeah there isn't actually too many 'respected vets' on the team so it should be easy enough to narrow it down. Mangold would qualify but I don't know if he'd go off the reservation like this. David Harris? Colon's an easy guess because he's been outspoken in the fast.

16. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I understand where the player is coming from and wanting to win, but if he thinks the Jets can even think about the playoffs, he's delusional. He's also dead wrong about Vick. Vick came in as a backup (in SD I think) and was totally unprepared to play. Several weeks later, he had a week's notice that he would be starting and still was unprepared to play. Inexcusable for a veteran QB in both instances. That veteran player or players has/have conveniently forgotten that and how Vick hasn't really done much in his other starts. The team should be thinking about next year at this point and trying to help the young players develop and learn. Winning a couple of more games doesn't help the team at all, it only hurts. Similarly, starting Vick does nothing to help the team, either.

Perhaps that player or players need to leave in the house cleaning.

17. NCJetsfan

ROFLMAO!!!! You are the worst thing to ever happen to this board and Jet fans.

18. NCJetsfan

That's possibly true, but at this point, I doubt it. Idzik is at least competent in handling the cap. Rex hasn't been very competent recently at any facet of his job.

IDFjet and LIJetsFan like this.
  19. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

I kind of agree that if they didn't have confidence in Geno throwing the ball, he should not have been out there. But get real if you think Vick is somehow a proven commodity, with the same shit pass protection he doesn't do anything better.

LIJetsFan likes this.
  20. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

Those two won't win if they get back together elsewhere as QB and HC.