DraftDaddys Updated mock 01/29/08

Discussion in 'Draft' started by gustoonarmy, Feb 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Mock Draft

First Round WITH COMMENTS

By Matt Bitonti

last updated: 01/29/08

==
    01. Miami Dolphins - DE Chris Long, Virginia

Jason Taylor gets older, and Chris Long is the safest player to give 30+ million dollars.
    ==
    02. St. Louis Rams - DT Glenn Dorsey, Louisiana State

Taking Dorsey allows Carriker to move outside and strengthens the defensive front at two positions.
    ==
    03.*Oakland Raiders - RB Darren McFadden, Arkansas

Al Davis loves gamebreaking speed and McFadden should workout very well.
    ==
    04.*Atlanta Falcons - QB Matt Ryan, Boston College

It may be a weak QB class but the Falcons still have to start over at QB .
    ==
    05.* Kansas City Chiefs - OT Jake Long, Michigan

The Chiefs offensive line is in shambles, never really replacing left tackle Willie Roaf.
    ==
    06. New York Jets - DE Derrick Harvey, Florida

The Jets have a sorry pass rush, Harvey is underrated now, but wait for workouts.
    ==
    07. New England Patriots - LB Dan Connor, Penn State

The Patriots have a desperate need at inside linebacker, Connor is low risk and high character.
    ==
    08. Baltimore Ravens - CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Tennessee State

Cromartie was the defensive MVP of the Senior Bowl . With workouts coming, this sprint champ could fly up the board.
    ==
    09. Cincinnati Bengals - DE Vernon Gholston, Ohio State

Justin Smith likely will leave in free agency and the Bengals would love to tab this edge rusher to replace him.
    ==
    10. New Orleans Saints - DT Sedrick Ellis, Southern California

The Saints need to get more from their front four and Ellis fits their scheme well.
    ==
    11. Buffalo Bills - LB Keith Rivers, Southern California

USC LB Keith Rivers was considered a top player coming into Mobile and did not hurt his stock.
    ==
    12. Denver Broncos - OT Chris Williams, Vanderbilt

Lepsis retirement makes this a dire situation. Williams is a natural left tackle with great feet.
    ==
    13. Carolina Panthers - OT Jeff Otah, Pittsburgh

The Panthers will need to replace either one or both tackle positions, Otah is rising up boards.
    ==
    14. Chicago Bears - QB Brian Brohm, Louisville

A trade for a veteran is possible but if the QB position isn't addressed pre-draft, the Bears need Brohm.
    ==
    15. Detroit Lions - CB Mike Jenkins, South Florida

The Lions secondary is constantly undermanned, Jenkins is polished and can help out right away.
    ==
    16. Arizona Cardinals - OT Ryan Clady, Boise State

The Cardinals went OL high last year but Mike Gandy really isn't a long term solution at left tackle.
    ==
    17. Minnesota Vikings - DE Calais Campbell, Miami

The Vikings don't really have enough at edge rusher, Campbell is an elite player who could go higher.
    ==
    18. Houston Texans - OT Gosder Cherlius, Boston College

Cherlius had a good week in Mobile and probably convinced some teams he can play left tackle.
    ==
    19. Philadelphia Eagles - DB Kenny Phillips, Miami

Phillips had a tough junior year which causes a fall from elite draft status. Eagles have to replace Dawkins.
    ==
    20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - WR Malcolm Kelly, Oklahoma

Hilliard and Galloway are ancient, Clayton dissapeared, Gruden needs a new target for his offense.
    ==
    21. Washington Redskins - DE Phillip Merling, Clemson

The Redskins need to upgrade their defensive end position, Merling is a probable workout warrior.
    ==
    22. Dallas Cowboys (VIA Cle) - CB Leodis McKelvin, Troy

McKelvin is a rare and unique athlete who will help in the return game and could go higher pending workouts.
    ==
    23. Pittsburgh Steelers - OT Sam Baker, Southern California

The Steelers have many problems along the offensive line, left tackle is a good place to start the reconstruction.
    ==
    24. Tennessee Titans - WR Limas Sweed, Texas

Vince Young needs more targets and he loves to feed other Longhorns (see Bo Scaife).
    ==
    25. Seattle Seahawks - RB Jonathan Stewart, Oregon

The Seahawks need to reload at running back and Stewart is in their backyard.
    ==
    26. Jacksonville Jaguars - CB Aqib Talib, Kansas

The Jags have Mathis but not much else at the cornerback position, Talib is raw but a playmaker.
    ==
    27. San Diego Chargers - DT Kentwan Ballmer, North Carolina

Ballmer showed up stacked at the Senior Bowl weigh-ins and could be an ideal 3-4 two gap player.
    ==
    28. Dallas Cowboys - RB Felix Jones, Arkansas

Julius Jones is a free agent and Marion Barber is not a full time running back. Jones is a game-breaker.
    ==
    29. San Francisco 49ers (VIA Ind) - WR Mario Manningham, Michigan

The Niners still don't have alot at the wide receiver position. Manningham is clutch and a likely number one target.
    ==
    30. Green Bay Packers - CB Antoine Cason, Arizona
    The Packers need cornerback depth and to plan for the future. Cason had a strong senior year.
    ==
    XX. New York Giants - LB Phillip Wheeler, Georgia Tech

The Giants have several younger linebackers but none with the leadership and playmaking of Wheeler.
    ==
    XX. New England Patriots - Pick Forfeited :gpc:

Violation of league rules.
    ==

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    * = Final draft slot is subject to coin flip at the 2008 Indianapolis Scouting Combine.

XX. = Final draft slot is subject to Super Bowl.

http://www.draftdaddy.com/MD/MDstat.cfm

2. Johnny4

Johnny4 New Member

I could see Gholston falling as well. he stood around too much in plays he wasn't involved in.

3. DraftaFullBack

DraftaFullBack Active Member

I don't see the Vikings and Texans passing on Phillips.

4. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Not for anything but I wouldn't want to draft another DL because he had a terrific workout

5. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

The Bengals are deciding if they want to switch to a 3-4 next season. If they decide to make the switch, Smith will not be re-signed. I hope they do it and draft the OLB version of David Boston.

6. savinoRB2

savinoRB2 New Member

he would be a 3-4 olb...hes like 260

7. JetsLookingforDWare

You know hats more annoying than the millions of Vernon Gholston pictures posted all over the internet?

Fans who assume that it's all done by steroids and that is fact and that is final.

Then theres the more annoying group that seems to think the only reason he's known as a prospect is because of those pictures...ignoring the fact that he's got 22.5 sacks in his last 21 starts and been competent at everything else.

Gholston has alot of haters man...kind of why I like him so much.

I like Harvey, but he's a guy I really need to see in linebacker drills before I'm sold on him.

8. SixFeetDeep

SixFeetDeep Red Hot Robbie Cano

same with gholston for me, ive heard hes really stiff and bad in coverage. he is definatley fast and strong enough though.

9. JetsLookingforDWare

Actually I think Gholston looked fine in coverage compared to other guys drafted primarily as pass rushers.

I just can't buy the argument that this guy is unathletic. If you watch him play you can't really question it.

But like I said...he's got a ton of haters out there.

10. SixFeetDeep

im actually a big gholston fan, i think he will do good in linebacker drills, i just want to be convinced he is worth the #6 pick. i believe he can be the Jet's Merriman or Ware. JetsLookingForVGholston..

11. fdcnyc

fdcnyc Active Member

harvey dominated last year this year you just didn't hear his name as much , seems like a reach since every other mock has him late first or second

12. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Thats the problem I have with him. He WILL do well in drills and do everything right. Its just in game he appears to take plays off , which IS so noticable because it polar opposite.
    Gholston needs a fire under his ass to make me say yes take him at #6.

13. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

There is no way Carolina passes on Phillips, safety is probably their major weakness and the drop off in this position after Phillips is a huge gap.

14. JetsLag2

JetsLag2 New Member

Harvey is a big reach at 6 i think. I believe hes still a little raw, reminds me of jarvis moss last year. And i see Stewart going anywhere from 13-18, i think hes the best back behind mcfadden

15. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I was referencing the fact that Gholston is stiff much like Boston was in San Diego. I made no mention of steroids.

I made similar comments about stiffness this time last year when you were ejaculating on a regular basis over Manuel Ramirez. By the way, the guy never played in 2007.

If you want to continue being the most sarcastic guy on the website, go for it.

16. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I needed the laugh.

17. SixFeetDeep

CakesLookingForTrouble?

Nice FiremanEdJr attempt. Why don't you quit the board for a 5th time you drama queen?

Did you not notice where i said i was wary of his coverage skills and his ability to play linebacker? this was before the combine. I just knew that he had a lot of sacks and potentially great passrushing ability. I was actually disappointed the day of the draft when the Jets picked Gholston. I wanted McKelvin or Rodgers-Cromartie. Nice try though.

Oh, and go fuck bartolo colons ass you stat quoting piece of shit fairy.

18. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Enjoy your banning.

19. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I bet the mod forum was flooded with your tears.

20. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Wait a second...

Cakes bumped a two year old thread to start shit with another poster?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.