does this make sense ?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Tight, Apr 8, 2006.

1. Tight

Tight Active Member

Today I was bored so I said to myself " Lets play some madden". I play 3 or 4 games then I sim because I want to do the offseason.

So im doing my draft I get to the sixth round and I see a cb whos 40 time is 4.25. Now if you know football, thats unheard of. So i jump on him , after I sign him his speed is only a 88.

WTF ?

2. l3ol3o

l3ol3o New Member

It happens alot. I almost never draft WR's becuase I always want big speedy WR's. In scouting it will say they run a great 40 but then turn out to have just average speed. The best thing to save the game, run your draft and then check the players real ratings. Then you just load the game up again and pick the best players for your system.(The players wont always get drafted in the same spots so if someone falls to the second round dont expect him to be there when you do your real draft)

3. ViLmAfAn5128

ViLmAfAn5128 Banned

I drafted a WR whos forty was 4.50, his speed was 95, so, dont always go by 40 time, i go by university, size, and wether they are black or white, when their white they are normally not as fast as the black Wide Recievers

4. McNazTee

McNazTee New Member

if you scout them, they will tell you the 40 is off right?

I thought

5. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

so madden is racist now?

you can't even tell what the guy looks like before you draft him...the color of their skin doesn't matter.

6. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

yeah...I think your right.

7. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

I have also seen that if your a projected 1st round player and you run a 4.25 you will be over a 95. But if you are like a projected 6-7 rounder, you will be between 85-90

8. ButtleMan

ButtleMan New Member

I drafted 2 WR's in the mid rounds who had the fastest 40 times and there speed was 91 & 99 with ratings in the hi 70's.
    There strength and awareness are kind of low but that can increase with progressions.

9. Fleming

Fleming New Member

Madden 2006 or any other goofy computer game has no relation whatsoever to this offseason or any other.

I'm sick to death of you Gameboy fans (and I could care less what system Madden 2006 is under so don't go in that direction if you don't like my response here) who want to share your playtime stories as if they're somehow relevant to the draft or the future of the team.

Its a computer game. Mortal Combat was great in its day but you don't see people making analogies to that game and the Iraq War. Go play with other 8 year olds if you want to talk about Madden.

I'd like to suggest a separate forum for the Joystick Johnnies who want to share their JO fantasies.

10. Tight

Tight Active Member

What a Loser. You come in the "Video Game" thread to tell me this. Why even click "Football Video Games" if you have a hard-on for those who play. Dude get a life, better yet a girlfriend.

11. ButtleMan

ButtleMan New Member

Hey Ira, This is a separate forum.
    Senior moment?