Does Tebow give us a better shot of winning the second half of the season?

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by ouchy, Oct 29, 2012.

1. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

SHould he be the starter now? If so why?

2. catsigater

catsigater New Member

I hope Tebow gets a chance to start at some point (not necessarily with the Jets), but I can't say the Jets would have a better record if he'd started.

Plus, with the contract situation, there's no way Tebow starts over Sanchez this year.

3. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

To be honest why did Tannybum give that contract extension to Sanchez, he didn't deserve it.

4. JetsDfc

JetsDfc New Member

Tebow is not a world beater as far as passing and saying Sanchez is better at it wouldn't necessarily be wrong, but Tim helps out in the rushing attack.

When Tim took over in Denver they had the #1 rushing attack. Even if it doesn't get that good, any type of decent improvement would be very beneficial.

Under an improved running attack teams have to respect the run and as we have seen the answer to that has been sticking 8 in the box all day. If there are 8 in the box it makes our Wrs job's alot easier.

Tim's passing deficiencies compared to Sanchez's, if you wanna play that angle get helped, because of our receivers having softer coverage from defenses playing the run.

The offense is also giving up tons of turnovers, either fumbles from being sacked or interceptions. Tebow is mobile and hard to take down so he would get sacked less and when he does he rarely fumbles.

As far as interceptions, tebow may have some ground balls or over throws here and there, but he doesn't throw many interceptions.

5. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

To be honest, Denver's offensive line is much better than the Jets, minus the center position.

6. JFjets

JFjets New Member

I'm just going to point to last season with the Broncos and say the answer to your question is yes.

Lots of similar things between the Jets situation right now and the Broncos situation last year, right down to the coach insisting week after week that Orton/Sanchez gives us the "best chance to win", all while the team continues to lose, making the coach look like a first class idiot.

If anything, the Jets are actually in a better situation for the 2nd half of the season to win with Tebow than Denver was last year, because the Jets have 2 more wins at this point (+ 1 more loss) than Denver did when Tebow came in during the Chargers game.

Not sure what the Jets would lose by giving him a shot. Sanchez is snakebit, he's having one of his worst seasons so far in the NFL. If he keeps on playing like he has, the Jets are going to keep losing and miss the playoffs, he may get traded or cut and Rex may get fired. If they give Tebow a try and he loses, then they're no worse off than they would have been with how Sanchez is currently playing, and they'll get a higher draft pick. If he wins like happened in Denver last year, all the better.

7. JetsDfc

JetsDfc New Member

Valid point, still if someone broke off their blocker and was coming for our qb I think Tebow has a better chance of evading the tackler and extending the play then sanchez does.

I've always seen Tebow as kinda a Big ben type qb, with less passing talent but has the ability to run.

Idk why people ever compare him to the mannings or brady. If Tim improves his passing it could be like having a Big ben that occasionally runs someone over for a 1st down.

8. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I think it's time. Change up the style of offense. See if he can play. Draft another QB next draft if he's not the answer.

9. JFjets

JFjets New Member

In one of the post-game press conferences after the Jets lost, Rex was asked if the Sanchez contract was keeping him from considering Tebow, and he said, quite forcefully, that the contract had nothing to do with it. Whether that was the truth or not, I don't know, but he sure seemed serious in the way he said it.

Kind of reminds me of the situation last year in Denver when a lot of people were speculating that the Broncos wouldn't put in Tebow because of certain salary escalators in his contract that would be triggered if he played a certain percentage of the snaps during the season. I thought that was silly, and I think it's silly also to say that the Sanchez contract would be an impediment to them trying out another guy who might actually help them to win some games. Look at the Seattle situation. They paid Matt Flynn a hefty contract and he's sitting on the bench because Pete Carroll felt Russell Wilson was a better option. Winning is the ultimate goal, and winning would bring financial and other rewards to the team much greater than the ultimate value of what remains on the Sanchez contract.

10. june19

june19 Active Member

The only way to found out is giving him a shot.what we got to loose.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Tebow is a terrible QB.

You think Sanchez blows, and he does, Tebow is a lot worse. Now watch as the tebois post pages and pages of stats.

12. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

I am not sure Tom Brady, Peyton Manning or Johnny Unitas could do much in this offense.

13. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

There is only one stat I care about and that was the 8-5 record last year with a playoff win. That was with the worst team in the NFL when he took over. But I am sure you have considered all this in your honorable opinion.

Oh and thank all the mods for welcoming the Tebow fans - I was touched.

14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Yes, we know, all Tebow does is win. The team sucked and he put them on his shoulders and took them to the playoffs. He beat the Steelers all by himself and saved the world from Armageddon too. You guys are more predictable than a morning dump. I already know what's next from the tebois.

15. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

Those are your words - I've never in my life said that nor do I believe it. But what ever makes you feel good.

16. JFjets

JFjets New Member

How many times have you said this, and you have the temerity to accuse Tebow fans of being predictable? Please, you are a broken record.

17. Bannon

Bannon New Member

But you also don't want to hear "stats." So stats and wins don't matter. It comes down to looks.

18. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Lets answer the question, if they start Tebow and get more imaginative on offense and build and offense around him, yeah, they can win more games and be more effective on offense. If they start Tebow or Sanchez and change absolutely nothing, then this Jets team is doomed for failure. If they stick with Sanchez and become more creative on offense, they can be more effective.

The point is that it not really the QB, it's the O Coordinator and scheme. If they change the scheme for Tebow fine, we can be more effective in the running game. But doing nothing will destroy the Jets season no matter who is the QB.

19. boarder40

boarder40 New Member

I think Bannon has the right idea. Let him play a series of downs at least. The one play stuff is asinine. As a Tebow fan I was dumb enough to think the Jets might be a good place for him. I thought I would see him on some two point conversions, red zone plays, and throwing a few deep balls. Man was I wrong.

20. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Just curious: Were the Broncos fans already looking to the draft when Tebow came in?

If so, it looks like he's about due to start. I'm already thinking about the draft, to be honest.