Does Tampa Bay have the best receiving line-up ever?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Cliv Clav, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Cliv Clav

Cliv Clav Active Member

Do you think Tampa Bay has the greatest receiving line up of all time? The current Bucs line-up looks like you are cheating on Madden!

Antonio Brown (12,000 yards & 79 TDs)
    Rob Gronkowski (9,000 yards & 93 TDs)
    Mike Evans (7,500 yards & 54 TDs)
    Chris Godwin (2,800 yards & 18 TDs)
    Tyler Johnson/OJ Howard/Cameron Brate/Scotty Miller

I know some teams have had good sets of receivers in the past, like:
    Clark, Sanders & Monk
    Owens & Ochocinco
    Moss & Carter

What do you guys think? Who has had a better receiving corps in previous years?

2. 50ShadesOfGreen

50ShadesOfGreen Well-Known Member

Marshall & Decker - 2015 Jets
    ;)

3. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Maynard, George Sauer, Bake Turner, Pete Lammons, Mark Smolinski

4. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Bruce, Holt, and Faulk were quite a group.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  5. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Wesley Walker, Al Toon, Mickey Shuler

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

On paper they do. Godwin broke his thumb again and Evans hasn't practiced in what feels like a month and is limping around on one leg.

I wasn't rooting for or against them this year honestly. Now I want to see them implode with Antonio Brown. It's almost a bit of a gut punch for Godwin and Evans when he comes in and starts stealing targets. Same thing with Gronk over Brate and the now IR'd OJ Howard, but on a much smaller level because I think Gronk's a great locker room guy.

Especially when they realistically didn't need much more fire power. Plus all AB's legal troubles, Arians saying there's no way we sign him a month and a half ago and then Brady being interviewed by Randy Moss acting like Arians and Licht approached him about signing him first. :rolleyes:

7. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Time will only tell.

I think the best was the 2013 Broncos.

But others to consider are the 1984 Dolphins, 2004 Colts, 2007 Patriots, and finally the 2018 Chiefs.

8. DefenseWinsChampionships

They are most certainly fully loaded @ WR and TE and come playoff football when it's smash mouth season? lol a Leonard Fournette still only 25 years of age and coming off a 1,624 offensive yards from Scrimmage type of 2019 with Jacksonville is going to become a SERIOUS problem for NFL defenses to even account for.

I loved Harrison/Wayne/Clark, Bruce/Hakim/Marshall, Moss/Carter of 1998 and Denver with Thomas/Decker/Welker of 2013 was super dope too etc

but sorry Manning X2, Warner and Cunningham you guys weren't exactly, Tom Brady and that's what makes this group of Mike Evans, Antonio Brown, Gronk, Godwin and Fournette so potentially nightmarish lol they've got TOM BRADY spreading the ball around and that's just, not fair.

Hill/Watkins/Kelce being led by Mahomes is scary too and TB vs. KC of 2020 might just become the highest scoring SB of All Time. And I'd pick TB led by TB12 to beat them in a SB.

Brady/Moss/Welker/Kevin Faulk of 18-1 was insane too on offense and I'm sorry but Brady/Evans/AB/Gronk/Godwin/Fournette is truly a created Madden offense and unreal fire power within the form of an ALL STAR Lineup. And with this height and size within the Red Zone I don't see them being stopped this year.