Do they win or not - make your prediction

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ColoradoContrails, Sep 19, 2018.

?

Do the Jets beat the Borwns?

1. Yes

45 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

40 vote(s)
    44.4%
  3. Tie

5 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Well we've talked enough, and discussed the pros and cons, the strengths and weaknesses, so now everyone should be able to make their prediction. Do the Jets win tomorrow, or allow the Browns to break their losing streak? Simple Yes or No.

Noam and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  2. ColoradoContrails

I voted "Yes". Of course I have my doubts, but after considering all things, the Jets should've beaten Miami, so if they eliminate the mistakes they should beat the Browns.

EDIT:

Jets 21 Browns 20

#2 ColoradoContrails, Sep 19, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
    NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I hope that they win and that Sam is alive afterwards . Most people think its a low scoring affair,,,,,,Browns 24 Jets 17 ,,,I would love to be wrong about this !

4. Browns 27 Jets 13

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Browns Win. 20-10

6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Interesting. So far more people have the Jets winning (5 to 3) but everyone who picked the Browns posted. Whereas only 2 of the 5 (the OP and I) who picked the Jets posted. Small sample, but I wonder if the prevailing mood being negative has something to do with it.

7. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

The way that you put it puts a tie in the "No" column, so that's the way I voted. Not because I actually think it will be a tie, but because I think this game is truly a tossup.

8. ColoradoContrails

Changed it.

Wish I could change the misspelling...oh well.

9. statjeff22

Well, that won't make me change my vote. A "Too close to call" response would, however ...

10. ColoradoContrails

Jeeesh! Some people can never be pleased!:D

So I'll deduce from your response that in the end you think it'll be close, but the Browns win.

Brook! likes this.
  11. statjeff22

No, I think it's too close to call, I don't think it will be a tie, so I went with the money in Vegas and picked the Browns.

12. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I dont think they win this. I can tell the Browns think they can win this one and they will play hungry. I think Bates overcomplicates things for a short week and we lose. The defense will look flat again, probably tired from Sunday and uninspired. BUT I think we beat Denver at home after our mini-bye week as Bowles will be starting to feel the seat getting much hotter.

#12 Quinnenthebeast, Sep 19, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  13. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Jets 26 Browns 19.

If we hold onto the ball, we win. Iron out the wrinkles we saw on Sunday we can compete with anyone. It's the wrinkles we'll have to put up with while the QB learns and the offense gels. I can't see the Browns putting up more than 20 against this defense, but who knows?

FJF likes this.
  14. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

This is one of those games where you can see the JETS kicking their ass but this is also the game that the BROWNS think will be their "easiest" to get their W.

While I'd love to get the W, I think the BROWNS finally get er done...

Our real O-line has been revealed, Our D AGAIN folded when we needed them most.
    Until we can actually dictate something on either side of the ball, we'll be a groundhog day team doing the same shit, making the same mistakes.

Red Menace and Brook! like this.
  15. JDeacon

JDeacon Well-Known Member

Jets win 28-20. Sam's stat line will be 25/38 - 315 yd's 2 td's, 2 int, 1 fumble lost, sacked 4 times.

We will be down 17-7 at half time. Darnold will have thrown two picks in the first quarter and been sacked twice. Browns jump to a 17 point lead. Start of the second half, Hue tries to sit on his 10 point lead and plays conservatively on offense. We will get a couple of big runs out of Crowell that will set up a go ahead touchdown to Pryor. At this point the defense will have settled in and the offense will have adjusted to the scheme of the browns. The Jets take control from a Browns Turnover and jump to a lead of 28-17 midway through the 4th. On the Browns last possession, Hue will kick a 45 yard field goal to cut the game to one possession. Ensuing onside kickoff goes out of bounds, game over.

16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Never forget Sam's tie at the NFL Draft. He doesn't seem to be the kind of guy who holds grudges, but I bet he wants to show Cleveland they made a huge mistake. (Which everyone besides the Browns already knows)

Odds are stacked against him, but Sam leads the Jets to a 30-20 win.

rohirrim665 and Mr mittens like this.
  17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

On 7 days rest, I would have picked the Jets in a close game. On 3 days rest after a big loss at home, I'm not sure which Jets team is gonna show up tonite. I'm not sure how good a job the CS has done getting these guys ready to play on short notice. Hell, I'm not sure the Jets even get off the bus. If the Jets still have any pride left, they don't let the Browns win tonite on national tv. I still picked Cleveland at home..

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  18. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I don't know, his Dad seemed pretty relieved when they didn't take him. Maybe that was just my perception? 30-20 seems a little over-confident to me, but to each his own. I was so pumped for the Miami game, I really felt good about it, so I picked a ridiculous outcome in the Jets favor. I think 34-17? Now I'm just a nervous wreck, and I feel my mindset reverting back to when the Jets first took Sam: he's going to be damn good eventually, but no way in hell am I hanging my hat on this season. Just going to try to do my best not to get too emotionally invested (which is incredibly difficult), and just hope for bright spots and general improvement. 2019 is the future if the o-line doesn't get Sam annihilated.

I'm going 20-13 Jets on this one. The game isn't until tonight and I can already feel the chunks rising. I'm standing by my 7-9, but deep down I expect less. If they outperform my expectations by season's end, I certainly won't complain. Go Jets!

rohirrim665 and The Dark Knight like this.
  19. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Your bus comment made me think of Herm: "We're on the bus". Hehe. You're probably right about the Jets dropping this one and I'm probably wildly wrong, but that's the perpetual idiot in me that raises its ugly head, what can I say. Don't worry, though, RobA & TDK haven't taken over my body. I'll never lose my fatal realism, it's not possible. I'm like a dog who gets kicked in the face and always comes back for table scraps. Aren't we all in our way?

20. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I think we win this game.

The only thing really concerning me is the Browns pass rush. But if Bates gets Sam to start rolling out more and throwing on the run, he will shred Cleveland.

The Browns are a much better team this year but I see Darnold correcting his mistakes from last week. I expect him to have a really good game

Jets 30 Browns 17