Divisional playoffs thread

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Yisman, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

#4 Saints at #2 Vikings
    #6 Falcons at #1 Eagles

#3 Jaguars at #2 Steelers
    #5 Titans at #1 Patriots

2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I am contemplating going to Eagles-Falcons game just for fun. Zero stress, great tailgating and a very meaningful game. I will
    Never ever go to a Giants play off game and when Jets aren’t in it why not travel 80 miles and support the Eagles. Depends on the weather though.

3. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Good luck. Tickets are nearly $200 for the cheapest Eagles tickets.

4. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

5. Brook!

Nosebleed sidelines at $173 right now. This is in my price range. I have no expensive hobbies. I don't drink expensive stuff or golf or go out with my buddies. I always spend every single night at home. Sports is my only hobby that requires money. I pursue sporting events. Since $173 is in my range I am willing to spend it if I decide to go. In fact I want to go to NFCCG if they beat Falcons but I doubt it. Eagles are bad without Wentz and I fear they might not make it to NFCCG. I still have a few days to decide though. We shall see :)

6. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

I hope the Eagles win. I think they can beat Atlanta.

Antoni likes this.
  7. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

I will be betting the Eagles this weekend. It's just a matter of line shopping now. I hope to get them at +3.5 or better. I feel it's a nice combination of a playoff home dog and all the mongos have the Falcons. Historically the bet does well. True line might just be a PK.

#7 Antoni, Jan 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  8. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Out of these four games the one I am most looking forward to is Saints/Vikings. That should be a great game. As for my picks.......Falcons, Assholes Um I mean Pats, Steelers, Saints. I do think the NO/MIN game really is a toss up.

9. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Three home teams and one road team win the divisional round: Steelers, Pats, Vikings, and Falcons.

Steelers and Pats will both win by at least two touchdowns. The Falcons and Vikings will be closely contested games decided by a late score. Can see the potential for an Eagles win, due to the 25 mph gusty winds and crosswinds having an impact on the kicking and passing games. If I had to choose which pick of mine I'm least confident in it would the Falcons beating the Eagles. I think this one will be extremely close. The Eagles have read a lot of press clipping about them having no chance due to having no Carson Wentz, so I expect them to have a huge chip on their shoulder and be pumped up by the home crowd.

10. Brook!

Eagles-Falcons will be a dog fight. Will skip the cheaters game. Sunday games will be great though. Jags will give fits to Steelers and Vikings-Saints game is a toss up.

11. playtowinthegame

Jags won't sneak up on the Steelers at Heinz field this time. I think the Steelers open a can of whoop ass on them this time.

12. Brook!

Do you see any surprises for the Titans-Pats game?

13. playtowinthegame

It would take Brady being knocked out of the game for the Titans to win. No way I see the Titans beating the Pats with Brady and Gronk on the field.

14. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I'm pissed they have NE-TN as the primetime game..... I hope I'm WRONG, but I think Titans get smoked, and so does Vegas :(

15. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

NE/TEN should've been the Saturday afternoon game. That one always gets the worst ratings and the NFL typically puts the worst game there.

16. Yehoodi

Yehoodi Active Member

The NFL scheduled the time slots for the divisional round before the wildcard round. Perhaps the NFL were thinking about a NE-KC rematch for Sat. night. Given that KC beat the Pats week #1, maybe they thought it would be a good game. Also, Tenn could beat NE too . . .

17. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

NO/MIN should have been Sat night but I imagine FOX wanted that for the late game Sunday instead of PHIL/ATL.

18. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

If Fox had the Saturday night game I'm sure this would have been the game.

19. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

I agree they are a better team but Nick Foles is the reason they will not win is the popular opinion.

I would love to see Foles have a good game and make all the experts look stupid. I guess you can argue he can't play any worst than he has. But my fear is he plays to good he might end up being a Jet QB!

20. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Everyone saying how Atlanta is a shoe in to win. I am not so sure. This is their 4th road game in I think 5 weeks. Eagles had a week off to prepare and allow Foles to get the first few series scripted. If Atlanta jumps out to an early lead I can see Philly getting into trouble, but I think that game will be closer than most think.