Discounted tickets for 2009??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hoboken Jet, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Hoboken Jet

Hoboken Jet Member

All...I posted this in the 17a stadium tour, but thought it might be best to start a new thread..so it would be seen.

Did you all see that the Jets decided to sell Half Season plans today? From what I read on another board, they were selling for $25 a seat to public about an hour or so ago. Unreal. Talk about a total F-job to all of us. Apparently, they are all sold out b/c when i went to buy, the half season plans were not avaialable any longer.

Anyone who has a "relationship" with their rep might want to call and see what the deal is...and please share any details...thanks.

2. Hofstra Jet

Hofstra Jet Active Member

i called. Mike, assured me these were never available for so low of a price. They were for prior season ticket holders, and said they go for face value. I asked for a screen shot from the person who posted. I would love to see who is lying here, unfortunately, i think its the jets

3. doggin94it

doggin94it New Member

Yep - tix are real, I should know (I'm the guy whose post is being referenced). Thanks to one jerk who decided to call me a liar and other names, you can see the e-mail confirmation (redacted to remove my identifying info and billing address) posted over at JI.

4. Hofstra Jet

wow, doggin it.. just looked at JI.. good stuff man.. thats effin unreal.. congrats on the steal. and i got lied to so bad on the phone, that 100000 percent the last dollar i ever gave to the jets was may 1st.. i will scalp the rest of my life.. aka gettin in for 30 bucks before kickoff.. fuk this front office.. still love the team tho

5. doggin94it

doggin94it New Member

Yeah, thanks. I was pretty shocked when I saw it, to the point that I had to get on the phone with a NYJ ticket agent to confirm it - and she did. Given the Jets' reaction, I'm thinking they may start claiming that Ticketmaster screwed up and listed the tix for too low (put the "one game" price in as the "half season" price). If so, that's between the Jets and Ticketmaster :)

6. Hofstra Jet

if you dont mind, please keep me updated on your situation.. as to what they say, and if this plan exists.. PM me or whatever.. but hot damn, u got an awesome deal.. enjoy

7. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

8. Jets102812

Jets102812 Member

9. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

holy fuckin shit what scumbags

10. 17a_tailgater

wait do you get playoff rights????????/

probably not this way the jets caught charge over face

11. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i have to believe that ticketmaster made a very large mistake. i just dont see them charging 1/5th price at this point.

if this were 3 weeks from now i could see it but not yet. congrats on the great price on the tickets though!!!!

even still half seasons is a real douche move by the jets.

12. 17a_tailgater

no mistake about it.we are gettin fucked

13. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

I'm really speechless over this BS!! I had to write a check for $2,300 for two Mezz seats in May...and now this team will be selling tix to the guy next to me for $50 by the time the season starts. I realize I won't be seeing any money back from this team, but going forward, they can go fuk themselves. Hopefully a lot of people are reading these posts, and are smart enough to wait until August 2010 to see where PSL prices are. We can play the same game that this organization chooses to play with us...I think they are messing with the wrong fan base. You might be able to pull this shit with some midwest dopes in Kansas City, but be prepared to see an 40% full new stadium in 2010 Woody.

14. 17a_tailgater

this isa 2 team city. and we aint team #1.hell we are team #3 at best between giants & yankees.

championships brings stronger bonds.
    and we aint won shit but 3 home playoff wins since we moved here in 84.

15. doggin94it

doggin94it New Member

Yep - a glitch in the system. Just spoke to my ticket rep - apparently, I'm one of a few people who were lucky enough to buy at the right time (I think someone listed the "per game" price - $125 - as the "5 game" price). They said that they don't have tix in the Mezz available (which is BS, but I'm ok with compromise) but gave me four tickets in the upper endzone at the price I paid. Seats aren't as good, but I still get to take my kids to the games, which is all I care about.

Honestly, I wouldn't be pissed at the Jets - it sounds like they got screwed over by a data entry mistake, and I just got lucky enough to catch it.

16. Hofstra Jet

best of both worlds dogginit.. i dont have to go mental thinkin i overpaid 50 bucks a game, and you still get the deal.. hope you and your kids enjoy the games.. congrats..

PS, we see how karma came around to kick jets ASS

17. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Ha! At least it looks like Woody ended up getting fucked on this. Enjoy your tickets man.

18. doggin94it

doggin94it New Member

:grin:

Oh, we will :metal:

19. buickrob

buickrob New Member

Single tickets this year on ticketmaster, have no doubt.

20. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Jets are down to last 1,000 tickets, they are selling them as season tickets now with no preseason purchase required.