*Dinner bell* Come and get it!

Discussion in 'Draft' started by PolygamyWinsChampionships, Apr 27, 2012.

1. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

So I never really bothered saying it in advance because it just seemed too good to be true...but somehow the impossible just happened. Barron. Tannehill. Gilmore. Poe. Cox. Bruce Irvin. What? Bruce Irvin?

Wow thank you. Let's give Tanny the 7th or 9th selection with the 16th pick. Too kind, really. Wait they're just getting started?

McClellin. Wright. Jones. Weeden? Zeitler. Harrison Smith. A.J. Jenkins (WHAT THE FUCKKKKKK?). Doug Martin. David Wilson.

It's like they simulated the draft in Madden on easy mode back when the games were still cartridges. Half the teams in the NFL just comically overdrafted with their first pick. Tanny just played BPA...meanwhile most of the league played the exact opposite.

There is so much value on this board right now...I have no idea what to do with myself. I want to trade up for 3 picks in the 2nd round. Ok I'm kidding. I'll take 2. As long as we're trading up both picks in the 2nd. But really....3 works too.

We're sitting here with 10 picks. Absolute dream scenario 1st round. I'd be open to trading 2 or 3 of our remaining tradeable picks this year and/or a 2/3/4th next year. We can easily address RT OLB and WR with high quality day one starters if we wish.

Mark me down for any 2/3 out of:

Upshaw
    Curry
    Glenn
    Adams
    Hill
    Jeffrey
    Randle
    Martin
    Lamar Miller
    Sanu
    Trumaine Johnson.

Right now I want Upshaw in absolute worst way possible. If we get him we're starting to talk '00 Ravens territory in 2 seasons.

We just backed into Coples, and it's time for Tanny to put the pedal to the medal and just say fuck it. Let's just go make the sickest defense of all time. Add Upshaw and Trumaine. Push the third pick as high into the 3rd/2nd as you can get it and grab the best WR/RT available.

Hope for a cap casualty/trade/FA for the odd man out between WR and RT. Add in an extra later round pick for that position as well. Play BPA and depth as best you can with the remaining pick/comps.

This is just silly right now. They just gave us the keys to the vault and went home for the night. I'll cut the alarm...you start carrying.

2. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Our 2nd and Wayne Hunter for the Rams' 2nd.

3. PolygamyWinsChampionships

My counteroffer is our 2nd and Wayne Hunter for the Rams' 3rd. Get it while it's hot.

4. chops44

chops44 Active Member

We have a 3, 5, 6 and 7 to trade up with.
    Package next year's 2 with the 5, 6 and 7 to get up in top 5 of second round.

-Upshaw
    47-One of the four remaining OT's.
    78-Brandon Taylor/George Iloka

four remaining picks I draft best player on board hoping for some speedy wide outs/ILB.
    -sign Edwards

#4 chops44, Apr 27, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  5. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

pretty weird first round

Upshaw, Hill, and Jeffrey were all first round talents

6. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

That scenario would make my liver giggle. In a good way.

7. PolygamyWinsChampionships

This is definitely one of the 2 or 3 main types of scenarios I'm leaning towards.

However, I don't like the way that you're structuring the trades. When you trade 5,6,7 on the first trade you lose your entire flexibility and you have no opportunity to present teams with offers that others may not be able to make afterwards. It seems like a pretty disastrous mistake to structure the deal that way.

I'd much rather go next year's 2 and 4/5 + this year's 5/6/7. We would then be open to replace some of that lost value next year when we have more perfect information to dictate the terms of that 3rd trade, (or not if we're happy with what we add in as the draft progresses). It's all about flexibility.

This situation is why we're fucking blessed to have Tannenbaum as GM. The idiots bitch at Tanny for treating draft picks as commodities. Guess what? They are commodities, dipshits.

Now you give Tanny 3 extra picks to work with. A too good to be true dream scenario first round. Literally the guy with the biggest upside in the draft beyond pick 6 just falls in our laps. Not only does he fall. He falls into the now beastly unit that is our defensive front. Total versatility, let's us do whatever we want for the next 8 years up front if he pans out.

Not done yet...every other team in the league loses their fucking minds chasing ghosts. Now we start day 2. Most of our main targets from round 1 are on the board. So we're basically just starting day 2 like it's day 1 all over again. And then when we move up for our rd 1 target...guess what Billy...it's round 1 all over again, because our targets are all still there.

I'm telling you right now. This is fucking scary.

We can literally draft Coples, Upshaw, and Hill right now...with picks to spare.

What would you have called me if I told you we would be able to do that 2 days ago?

8. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

I'm not a fan of giving up future picks and I would really just like to sit tight.....but that thought is mighty tempting.

9. PolygamyWinsChampionships

Fixed it for you.

Not sold on Hill? No problem, we've got about 100 other permutations to come out with similar value before round 3 concludes.

Here at Tannenbaum Lamborghini, we can accommodate any and all combinations of finishes and trims to suit your tastes on the gift you just received from a total stranger. Don't worry, it's on the house.

10. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

I'm liking it. Jets take BPA in the first round, and still have nice players at their need positions going into round 2, with picks to burn!

11. NJJets20

NJJets20 Active Member

This really is a dream scenario. I also would like the jets to trade up to the beginning of the second to take Upshaw, while holding on to their second round pick. Then with the second pick of the second round we take the bpa at a position of need (wr/rt).

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I will be beside myself if we trade up for Upshaw. There are enough good players on the board to be patient and see who falls to us IMO.

13. PolygamyWinsChampionships

Do you at least want to trade up immediately afterwards?

14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I must be missing your odd sense of humor again?

15. PolygamyWinsChampionships

Couldn't be more serious if I tried.

We'll be making at least 1 trade up in round two. Battle lines drawn. Booked.

16. NFL

NFL Active Member

Lets go after the Rams picks! They seem to just like to give them away. I hope we get Upshaw and Sanu! Upshaw lined up with Maybin and Coples and Wilkerson inside well have a beast line. Then add Sanu to the offense and I'll be happy. He's a great player, powerful, fast, can run the wildcat and he can catch the ball! We should definatly get these picks in. Or if we decide to get a RT with tonight's picks then we better sign Braylon.

17. sogreedy23

sogreedy23 Member

Can run the wildcat? Are you fkin serious? That's why you want him? Have you been living under a rock for the past month?

18. Remarker

Remarker Banned

I've got the stadium monitor! Someone else must get the swimming pool!

#18 Remarker, Apr 27, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  19. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

If we go OLB, it makes the Coples pick a lot more intriguing to me. Him at DE and a steal OLB like Upshaw, Curry or Branch. Sign me up. Couple that with Rex's exotic defenses and Dunbar's expertise with pass rushers. I'd be hyped.

20. hazmat

hazmat New Member

I think they go OLB at 47. Upshaw, Branch, Curry. You have the beginning of a scary 4 man front that can play the pass and the run.