Different Ways to Beat the Colts This Sunday

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jets007, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

According to NFL total access, the colts defense are built for stopping the run because their defense players are fast, small and good tacklers.:lol: I believe they can't stop our running game because Greene is going to run them over. Any other way to beat them?

2. Coach K

Coach K New Member

play like we have the last two weeks.

I think it simply boils down to making sure they dont jump up to a 14+ point lead. long as its a close game it plays in our favor.

those small fast players will be weak and tired if we can keep it close enough to make sure our number of carries wears them down.

Keller could also be due for a good game, well hes been money in the playoffs so far.

we'll see.

#2 Coach K, Jan 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  3. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

First off, if we can't get the run going, we're fucked.

After that, it's about containing Peyton as much as possible. It's mostly going to be about coverage because he's almost impossible to sack - he's so good at quickly finding a open man to dump the ball off to when under pressure. That's not necessarily the Jets' strong suit except for Revis so Lito, Lowery and Strickland are going to have to step up. They did a pretty good job against the Chargers but they're going to hav eto do better to beat the Colts.

4. freebo

freebo New Member

Well the Colts can stop the run. I know most people don't believe that, but it's true.

I think it's going to take a good mixture of plays for the Jets to win. Getting one dimensional against the Colts is not the best option.

5. BelieveInBlue

BelieveInBlue New Member

Hope they yank Manning in the third to rest for the Super Bowl.

Just kidding.

Greene isn't going to run over the defense because, frankly, no RBs run over the defense. When teams have been successful, it's because the O-line has created big holes and blocked well down field.

The Jets will not beat the Colts with their offense. If NY has any chance, it's to mask coverages pre-snap and disrupt the Colts passing game. If they can limit Manning's effectiveness (which I doubt), they'll be in good shape because Indy's running game only comes alive when the passing game is clicking.

NY must win the turnover battle and force punts and FGs. That's a daunting task, considering the Colts have the league's best third-down conversion rate.

They'll have to be very disciplined and keep the penalties down.

And they'd be well-served by another kickoff return, as in the first game. That was uncharacteristic of Indy, though, and I wouldn't count on it happening again.

Ultimately, the Jets have to keep it thisclose and play their butts off for 60 minutes. Be up by a score late in the game and pick Manning off and you're in business.

Basically, play perfect. Because that's what it'll take.

6. freebo

freebo New Member

I think you are giving us too much credit and not giving the Jets enough. They will come to play and we will see some hitting in this game from both teams.

I wouldn't be surprised if we are down 10-0 and have to come back in this one.

7. Mh28102

Mh28102 New Member

I would be suprised if we score first.

8. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

Just keep raining body blows on them. They won't be so fast halfway through the third quarter anymore.

9. jetsyankeesfan6

jetsyankeesfan6 New Member

I don't think this applies when Manning is on the other sideline. We need to be up by at least 7 with 5 minutes to go if we want to win.

10. Mh28102

Mh28102 New Member

yea keep it close and tire them out

11. JetsYankeesThrylos

JetsYankeesThrylos Active Member

When we last played the Colts, Manning made a few mistakes in the red zone, we were getting a little bit of pressure and it was working decently well, our secondary needs to play flawlessly.

On offense what we really need to do is run the ball more creatively, and I don't mean wildcat, actually I think wildcat against a fast run defense would be a terrible idea.

I'm talking about sticking to running the ball up the middle to wear the defense down, and I want to see more delayed hand offs, pitches and some double reverses.

Yesterday we ran a double reverse at least thats what I think its called, the defense jumped quick to the right side which was the side we ran it, but if we handed off to the next guy he would've had the whole left side wide open. A couple of those would be fine with me it could bring out a huge play on our part.

Anyway like I said more delayed hand offs, pitches and counter plays and play actions!

This defense is going to be coming into this game ready to stop the run, if we get them to jump hard in their anticipation to stop runs, we can tear them apart. I think some good counter runs will be extremely effective!

12. Mh28102

Mh28102 New Member

Btw great pic of rivers.

13. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

First play of the game, send Gholston in to take out Manning. I'm thinking headbutt to the right hand. Once he's got a few fingers broken, and Painter comes in, it's game over.

14. Mh28102

Mh28102 New Member

Gholston will get the most publicity of his career

15. JetsYankeesThrylos

Thanks

Also looking back at our game against Saints, they used alot of great counter runs and it killed us because we were playing fast and aggressive on D, If we make them have to start waiting to see what going to develop will run em over like the Dolphins did to us the first time we played them.

16. JetsYankeesThrylos

Thats weird because I've always thought about this, sending someone like Gholston who isn't important and committing some fucked up penalty to fuck up the Quarterback, that would be so dirty and I love it!

17. freebo

freebo New Member

Wait until you see the one where they replaced his eyes with mouths. :lol:

18. JetsYankeesThrylos

HAhaha, I had this avatar during the offseason, and someone made it in one of my threads, its so goddamn creepy.

19. freebo

freebo New Member

The first time I saw that I jumped back a second.

20. GreenSwarm57

GreenSwarm57 New Member

Jets on offense: It is crucial that the Jets see as few third and long situations as possible... That way, the Colts' elite pass-rushing D-ends can't pin their ears back and get after Mark Sanchez. The key will be the Jets ability to chip away on first and second downs to find themselves facing a 3rd and 2/ 3rd and 1. While the substantial team speed of the Colts' defense will make it difficult for the Jets to run outside the tackles, there is absolutely no way that I'd believe that any team will completely shut down this ground game... especially a Colts team that allows nearly 4.5 per carry. The underlying "Sanchez must not hand the game over" factor is an obvious key as well.

Jets on defense: In Week 15, the Colts were able to use Wayne to open up opportunities for Collie and Clark. If there is a receiver running with single coverage, Manning will find him. The Colts make their money with their plethora of playmakers and present a much tougher challenge than what the Chargers brought to the table. It would be too obvious to say that the Jets need to pressure Manning to disrupt his rhythm, but I believe that the disruption must occur on the timing plays. With solid tackling and no coverage breakdowns, I believe that the defense is capable enough to make plays and present the Jets with a fighting chance to walk away with the win.