Difference in team beat writers.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by vinnumber13, Sep 17, 2012.

1. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

So we all know how much of a joke rich cimini is, he looks for every chance he can to bash the jets, he must of been watching yesterdays game glowing, his articles are full of smart ass comments dumb opinions, now for the hell of it i checked espn boston and looked at the patriots beat writers articles from field yates of the patriots loss yesterday and what i saw was, no smart ass comments, reporting just facts and quotes, his opinions consisted of what he thought the pats did well and he seems like he actually likes the team he covers. I just found it so annoying and wished there was some way we can get cimini kicked off espn.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That's the entire reason he was hired by ESPN in the first place.

3. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

For such an overt troll, Cimini gets so much unwarranted attention on this message board. He's in the business of creating the news, not reporting it. He's intentionally sensational and reactionary in his articles. He's like everyone else in the media (the media being, perhaps, the most morally disreputable institution of our time). Everyone knows this. Let it go.

4. yahoo

yahoo Banned

Yes, Cimini is a bit of a stirrer, but it's not his job to be a cheerleader for the team.

I want my writers to be objective and clear-headed, able to ask tough questions.

And by the way, if you don't like to read views that rip the Jets, you shouldn't be on this message board because it's a virtual clearinghouse for rippage.

5. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

While I agree that Cimini is a douche, the difference here is the Pats* have won multiple super bowls. Belly and Brady have a track record for winning so you're not going to get a bunch of sarcastic jabs out of the press after a bad loss.

I lived in Boston from 97-2003, and I used to listen to WEEI all the time. The beat writers who were on with the Big O (who I fucking hate) used to rip on Carroll and the Pats organization constantly. Carroll used to say he was "pumped and jacked" before a game to reporters, and they mocked that all the time.

When you have a winning franchise, sarcasm is ineffective and boring.

When you lose, especially after talking about Super Bowls and being the best D-coordinator in the league and then getting gashed all day long, sarcasm's gonna rule the day.

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets beat writers are a reflection of the Jets. That Pats beat writers are a reflection of the Pats.

When you look at something a Jet's beat writer puts out there and you don't like what you see just look at the Jet's FO, coaches and players. They're the reason the opinion, which may well be inane, was spouted. Inane FO work, coaching and play produces inane reporting.

7. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

Well just look at all the articles now that we have lost, Not so much when we won last week. The writers could not be happier. Damn I hate Pitt as much as the Pats.

8. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

there is...

stop mentioning his name, stop clicking on his articles. if his numbers tank...he is gone.

as long as people keep typing his name it shows up in searches, and as long as people click his links his "Ratings" remain up, regardless of content.