Did we really think we could outsmart the Pats?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RapZiLLa54, Dec 7, 2010.

1. RapZiLLa54

RapZiLLa54 New Member

I had a bad feeling about this game going in but didn't expect it to be like this. Watching the game we saw the typical bs from schotty but wtf was the d thinking?? Playing way to much zone vs a team that is built to kill zones. Wtf is drew coleman doing covering welker? Who did Revis cover all game? Where's the blitzes?

I know the loss of Jimmy hurt but I didn't think it meant we'd play like an entirely different d.

2. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

I didn't watch most of the 2nd half but Revis covered Welker a lot. When Revis was on Welker they barely looked his way and just picked on Cro and the other guys. As soon as we went to a zone or Revis was on someone else they went to Welker.

Now I didn't watch most of the 2nd half like I said so I have no idea if they wound up testing or completing any passes on Revis. Someone help me out with that.

3. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Shittenheimer thinks he can outsmart everyone. Him vs. Belicheck with both getting extra time to prepare is a mismatch of titanic proportions.

4. Brady_champ

Brady_champ Banned

I think I won't get as many jokes when I post it this time..but seriously, Pats offense is much better without Moss (well 2010 Moss anyway..obviously wouldn't mind '07), much more balanced. There is no real way to stop it. Revis is a great matchup for you guys, but then what?

Cro on Wes/branch's quick routes proved to be bad, and matchup wise it just gets worse from there. Woodhead and the TE's are always going to be mismatches, especially with Brady orchestrating.

If you're gonna beat the pats,esp in Foxboro, its by taking advantage of their inconsistent D. If you can only get 3 up at halftime and are constantly punting or turning it over to Brady and Co..game's done

5. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Team was just massively outcoached.

6. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Belidick took away all the deep shit. They pushed the pocket well all night, coupled with Sanchez' lack of execution on the intermediate routes (maybe the wind contributed to that) and you have the 3 points. Sanchez threw some bonehead INTs, wind or no wind. He was staring down receivers ala 2009 tonight, but I'm sure this will be corrected. Take it as a lesson learned and/or wake up call.

7. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

It was just a vanilla gameplan. If you watch the game 1 vs pats earlier, we had numerous big plays. The pats adjusted and we had nothing to offer this time around. We played to much zone and got toasted for it. Every pass Welker caught, Revis wasnt on him. The lack of pass rush continues to kill us as well.

8. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

Our pass rush is like watching paint dry.

9. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

You do know we will most likely have to play them again in Foxboro if we have any chance of gettin to the big game?Thats if we can survive the first couple rounds of the playoffs.

10. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

marty couldnt outsmart belicheat why did we think he son could

11. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Firstly, there's no guarantee they make it to the title game either. Secondly, football is a game of adjustments. Notice how RR adjusted so well in Week 2 to Belidick. Today he couldn't, and that's how it goes sometimes against a HOFer calling the plays. Everybody, including Belidick, are subject to the occasional stinker. Look at NE@CLE.

A rematch could easily be 180 degrees from this. Sanchez struggling with the wind is a concern, though.

12. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

Just when you thought Sanchez wouldnt regress back to playin like he did last year the past two games proved that wrong.But you are rite anything can happen in todays NFL!

13. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

this +999999999999999999999999999999999

14. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

The most disappointing thing about it is how he looks completely lost and crappy in poor conditions.. whenever it's very cold, windy, rainy, snowy, etc. Not a good sign.. maybe it's better we won't be getting home field advantage.

But again, I think the biggest problem is the jackass calling the plays.

15. SouthBayJetsfan4life

SouthBayJetsfan4life Well-Known Member

WE have a pass rush?

Taylor, Pace or Gholston were non-factors.