Despite Claims of non Involvement, AG fires another...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by SOJAZ, May 21, 2019.

1. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Adam Gase continues to exert his power, reportedly fires Jets scout
    Originally posted on Sportsnaut | By Jesse Reed | Last updated 5/21/19

Adam Gase wants everyone to believe he wasn’t involved in a power struggle and that all he wants to do is coach the New York Jets.

The head coach and interim general manager’s actions, however, tell a much different story.

A day after declaring that he had no hand whatsoever in getting former general manager Mike Maccagnan fired, Gase has reportedly fired a scout (Bill Dekraker) and is privately telling people he wants to streamline the entire scouting department, per Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News.

As Mehta detailed in his column, Gase’s actions since being named interim G.M. are not in line with someone who has no interest in running football operations.

Despite having this interim position for less than a week, Gase has certainly left an impression, starting with the trade he pulled off to send former first-round linebacker Darron Lee to the Kansas City Chiefs for a sixth-round pick.

Gase also signed punter Matt Darr (a former Miami Dolphins player under Gase), released 2017 draft pick Jordan Leggett, a tight end out of Clemson, and has now fired Dekraker.

Clearly, Gase is exerting a ton of influence over the direction of the franchise. These moves also lend credence to the rumor that the first-year Jets coach will be hand-picking the team’s next general manager.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/arti...reportedly_fires_jets_scout/s1_12680_29142512

2. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Man isn’t wasting any time.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

meh the scouts have sucked at finding talent for years, hard to be upset

4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

You're basing this on a Mehta report? A guy who has his panties in a wad because no one consulted him about firing Macc?

Even if true, as shitty a job as the scouts have done for this team, I say fire them all. In fact, after the draft many teams DO fire scouts and reorganize their scouting dept. This is Manish seizing on a non-story and trying to make a bonfire out of it.

5. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

He's the fuckin head coach!!!

Let him fire whoever the fuck he wants. Why does this matter?

And he's the current acting GM. If he wants someone gone, he has every right to fire that someone. Move on

tomdeb, IDFjet, Burnz and 9 others like this.
  6. Could very well be making room for whatever housecleaning a new GM has in order.

Scout fired was an all out MAC guy.Hard to get too upset

7. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

It would seem to me that Gase would be reluctant to make many changes given the impending GM hire. Leave those decisions up to the new GM. However, he's making many trades? That to me indicates that Gase will a GM that answers to him?

8. Fiftynine

Fiftynine Well-Known Member

The guy fires one scout and brings in a fucking punter and that is evidence of him exerting a ton of influence? A punter? Yes, yes, look at me drunk with power--I've just signed a punter! Gaze upon me and tremble, NFL!

Look I wasn't a fan of the timing of Mac's firing, but c'mon. He was terrible and needed to go. Gase was made the interim GM and he's doing the sort of simple, sensible, shit an interim GM should be doing. If he trades Darnold, fine, he's exerting a ton of influence.

9. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

This sounds like a good thing to me. The whole scouting department SHOULD go. What the hell have they been doing the last 4 years? Get 'em out. Ill give Gase's guys a shot.

10. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

He made 1 trade

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  11. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Let an actual GM make that determination.
    Gase is not qualified to make any of these decisions, nor is it his job.

This guy is some piece of work.

Noam, CBG, boozer32 and 1 other person like this.
  12. Falco21

First off, it is technically his job considering he is currently the acting GM, until one is hired.

Second, since Gase is acting GM, and in the highest position under CJ, he can fire whoever the fuck he wants.

13. BacktoQueens

Gase is only holding the seat warm, and that was a stupid decision in itself.

He shouldn't be making any moves, nor does he have the qualifications to start ripping up a FO.
    His job is to coach, and he claims (falsely) that that is all he is interested in, so he needs to stay in that lane.

Let the next GM make FO decisions, not a hack coach with a history of causing organizational turmoil.
    CJ needs to wake up.

Ralebird and Noam like this.
  14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Since Gase and Joe Douglas are good friends and Joe Douglas is supposedly the front runner, what if the moves that Gase is making are at Douglas' behest?

Mr mittens likes this.
  15. TheCleaner

TheCleaner Active Member

Ob-La-Di, Oh-la-da life goes on yea la la la life goes on

HomeoftheJets and Falco21 like this.
  16. Falco21

So.....firing a scout is now "ripping up the FO"

Got it!

Hack who is power hungry.

Got it!

He's still the Jets head coach and acting GM. Tough shit. Seems like you are going to have trouble sleeping for a while if this really bothers you all that much.

Jeti and Mr mittens like this.
  17. Falco21

I normally think Cimini is a dipshit, but this explains the current situation perfectly! And I give him props for this one:

18. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I might be in the minority here, but Cimini's not nearly as snarky in his articles as he was a few years ago IMO.

19. BacktoQueens

I stopped losing sleep over bad decisions the Jets make awhile ago.

Question to you, were you singing praise for this guy when he was ripping up Miami?
    Or were you laughing at the turmoil there like everyone else? Nothing has changed but the location.
    He's left an utter disaster in his wake in Miami. I'd rather the same doesn't happen here.

Noam likes this.
  20. Falco21

I know far more than the average Jets fan about the situation in Miami, considering I live here and not only is my brother in law a die hard Dolphins fan for the past 20+ years, but his brother in law is actually a reporter for the Miami Dolphins. And I can tell you this, blaming Gase on Miami's dysfunction proves that you do not understand half the shit that is going on down here with that organization.

Those issues run MUCH deeper than Adam Gase. And if you think the Johnsons are bad owners, you have no idea what Ross has done to these fans.