Dear Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Gator, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Gator

Gator Active Member

I don't give a flying fuck about your twitter bullshit. I don't care if some team you like won, or you met some girl at a club, or somebody cut you off on the highway, or some website is da dope g......or any other stupid bullshit you think people are supposed to care about. I hope you meet a girl in a club and bring her home and she has a penis and sticks it in yer a$$. Put THAT on twitter you jagoffs. Just read the f'en playbook and be ready to play on Sundays.

A paying customer.

2. Jam.

Jam. Banned

Or...you could just unfollow them on twitter...

3. southparkfanciz

southparkfanciz Active Member

Hmmm wouldn't this thread be more suitable during the season, after the Jets just lost a game???

4. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Seriously, what the hell, if you don't care, don't read it. They can't train 24/7/365.

Something tells me that won't help them play.

5. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

a tad overreactive........just a tad.

6. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

Yeah that could ruin their confidence

7. XxAlbert84xX

XxAlbert84xX New Member

Hey look Channing Crowder is a member of the board!

8. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Dear Gator,

This thread sucks.

9. Mickey Shuler 82

Mickey Shuler 82 New Member

Dear Gator,

If a tree falls in the forest, and no one is there to hear it, does it still make a noise?

Yours truly,

Mickey Shuler 82

10. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

hehe that was funny. i cant stand twitter myself and refuse to read anything that someone puts on it.

i am sure you will get into trouble as this makes no difference and is just a bitching thread that should be in the bs forum, however it made me laugh and i dont go to the bs forum.

11. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

When do they prevent losses with focus and hard work? Not just during the season.

I completely agree.

12. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Maybe that's what happened to Gholston.

13. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

..... Yawn .....

14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

You could say this about anyone on Twitter really. Don't read it if you don't care.

15. AussieJet

AussieJet New Member

So you want posts like this on twitter

@MarkSanchez: Read the playbook, masturbated over the olsen twins and went to bed
    @MarkSanchez: see previous post

16. Nu'u Fa'aola

Nu'u Fa'aola New Member

I hate all of this "paying customer" nonsense. They're human beings, they're allowed to have fun, to enjoy the money they earn, to do whatever they want. Just because Joe Goomba Fan buys a jersey so he can pretend like he's part of the team and pays his "hard-earned" money to either go to a game or buy other stuff that makes him feel like he's "part of the team," it doesn't give him any authority. If it did, then ownership would ask for fan opinions when they make decisions.

The fans aren't their bosses, the team owners are. If the owners, the people that write the checks, are bothered by what their employees do, then they will take action. Playing football is a job. When the players aren't at work (practice, games, in the gym), they have the right to do whatever they want to do. If they want to go to the club, bed a thousand women, or sleep until 3pm, it's their right. If they don't play well as a result of what they do off the field, it will eventually have repercussions - just like it would for any of us. If I party too hard and let it affect my ability to do my job, they I'll get a talking to (NFL equivalent of being benched). If it becomes severe, I'll get fired (NFL equivalent of being cut or traded).

These guys are young, rich, and have very short careers. If you don't like what they're tweeting, then don't read their tweets. If they play like crap and you don't like it, then don't watch the games. Rooting for a football team isn't a right, it's a choice and a luxury.

This whole attitude of "professional athletes can't do or think about anything other than their work" is ludicrous. Everyone has the right to have interests and fun outside of their profession. Just because a person makes a lot of money and people live vicariously through them, doesn't mean they have take orders from the grown men who cheer them on for around twenty days a year.

It's a game, people. Furthermore, it's a game in which none of us have any real stake. None of us fans actually get anything if the Jets win the Super Bowl. We don't get rings, we don't get bonuses. "Bragging rights" are only worth the air into which they're breathed.

Watch the games, follow the team, root for the players, enjoy the wins, lament the losses, have fun with it. If you think you're getting anything more out of it, then you really either have a warped sense of reality or not enough going on in your life.

17. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i agree nu'u but these guys choose to be on twitter and have fanatics follow them. its a give and take.

i could not agree with the fact that these guys are people too and have lives outside of football. too many guys think exactly like you said in your post. that damn post should be stickied!!!!!

i just dont understand wtf the big deal is with this twit twat tweeting garbage. maybe i am just too old. but i would hope that wouldnt be the case at 33.

18. Jam.

Jam. Banned

Yeah, but without the going to bed part.

19. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I agree in reverese order. Read the fucking playbook and be ready to play on Sunday and not out of position on every 3rd and long and then you can tell me that you took some chick home and she had a dick and you sucked it.

20. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Hey Mickey one of my all time favorite Jets.