DeAndre Hopkins WR, Clemson

Discussion in 'Draft' started by HardHitta, Dec 3, 2012.

1. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

If we go wide out within the first 2 rounds, what do you guys think about DeAndre Hopkins from Clemson? He's had great season and is a legit play maker. He fnished the year for Clemson with 69 catches 1214 yards and 16 touch downs. He has good size at 6'1 200 pounds. I believe as of now he's a projected 2nd rounder, would be a nice draft pick in the 2nd to add more speed and play making ability to our offense.

[​IMG]

2. NFL

NFL Active Member

We have to many needs and a couple young WRs already to pick up someone so high. Develop what we got and draft a RB instead. We can find a WR in the later rounds, just look for less known college's, there are some talented kids out there who don't make it because of their school.

3. laxin

laxin Active Member

If we trade down and pick up extra picks? Possibly. If not, eh.

Id rather Quinton Patton in the 4th though.

4. NFL

NFL Active Member

What I'm saying is we have more needs right now. With Holmes back, Hill progressing, and Kerley doing Kerley our WR set would not look too bad. I say we sign Rolando McClain, trade Harris and maybe even Holmes then we can look towards another WR.

5. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

If we go Wideout in the first two round I may not be around here for a couple days. There is no one I really love over some of the pass rushers/Oline in this draft. We need to Fire rex or Rebuild the team the way Rex wants to play the game.

6. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Exactly, there are so many other issues that WR seems like an issue but in reality it'd be a glamour pick which is not above this team but the way I see it OL and pass rush are the two most pressing needs and aboslutely need to be addressed before any other positions are looked at. Are there ways other the draft to do so? Absolutely, but assuming we don't upgrade any positions via FA we an not draft a WR in the 1st 2 days.

7. HardHitta

I can see us not going WR since OLB, O-Line and RB are bigger concerns but our receiving group isn't all that good. Holmes is coming off a big injury, Kerley is good but Hill progressing ? i don't know. His route running is bad and worse of all he has bad hands and that's something that usually doesn't get much better over time. He might be another year away but i understand not addressing receiver but it wouldn't hurt if there's a good prospect available in round 2 or 3.

8. NFL

NFL Active Member

Hill should get better over time. He'll have almost an entire year to work on everything. Assuming Mark is our QB he'll probably work with Hill in the offseason like he usually does. I'm not saying our group will be the next top thing, but it shouldn't be as much of a problem as it is this year. It should be strong especially if we also keep the other young guys and give them time to work with the team. Gates isn't bad, he needs work but he isn't terrible. Watching Gilyard's college tape makes me wonder how he hasn't been successful in the NFL. Hopefully we keep both and work with them as solid back-ups. I wouldn't mind taking a WR at the 4th being earliest, but I'd like Tyrann Matheui in the fourth if we got that lucky.

9. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Justin Hunter and D Hopkins are my favorite WRs in this draft and I really think Hopkins is would be a great addition for us despite all the needs we need. The kid is explosive, great hands, good vision, play after catch ability and he has the frame you look for from the WR position for this team (good height and build).

I mean look at our depth chart at receiver we have a bunch of guys that wouldn't even be on most teams. I mean throughout the year we've been playing Chaz, Gades, and J Hill. We have a playmaker in, Kerley. We don't know how Hill is going to play out and there is no sure thing with Holmes coming back from that serious injury.

Adding more playmakers at the skill positions is what we need a well. Along with everything else. Lol You can't win games easily without those playmaking skill position guys and D Hopkins would help the cause IMO.

10. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I'm not even considering WR in the 1st two rounds, and I'm a huge Terrance William's fan.

We need to address the OLine and OLB in the 1st 2 rounds and there will be many options.

11. HardHitta

Yeah i really want to address OLB in the first round.

12. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

I like Watkins a lot, but agree with the consensus that round 2 is too early.

Shoelace Robinson in the 4th??