DeAndre Hopkins

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Jonathan_Vilma, May 26, 2023.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Southern boy is gonna want to play in the South

Carolina Panthers is my prediction

2. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

The only problem for the Pats is they aren't making the playoffs. The Jets, Bills, and Dolphins are better. If Tua can stay healthy (big if) then it will be a three-way fight for the division. If not, then it will be between the Bills and Jets. Hopkins also wants to win so I don't see NE as a realistic option unless they pay up big time. Money is always a factor.

ouchy likes this.
  3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Was that cash or the prorated bonus from last season? Because if it was the bonus he already got paid and not this year.

He might have gotten the $4.5M option bonus. I think his entire contract was guaranteed.

4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Go get him Joe!!!!!

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  5. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

you would hope that when you trade for a guy like Aaron Rodgers he ought to be able to help bring in guys like this

7. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Leicester Jet and KingRoach like this.
  8. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

likely chiefs or ravens if i had to guess. can the AFC stop being so good?

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I disagree. While your second post is true, why wasn't Rodgers one of the 5 QBs he'd want throwing him the ball? Whether Rodgers stayed with the Packers shouldn't have been irrelevant. I hope he goes to the Eagles so he's not in the AFC and stays in the NFC. Then maybe Sauce Gardner an DJ Reed can shut him out in the SB.

#29 NCJetsfan, May 26, 2023
    Last edited: May 26, 2023
  10. NCJetsfan

With Mac Jones throwing him the ball? I see no way he would sign with NE, or for the reasons you listed.

I hope that he signs with the Eagles so he isn't in the AFC, but I think if the Chiefs have the cap space, they will be the favorite.

11. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

While he would certainly be another top weapon, is he worth the cost, both in money, and in potential influence on younger players (G.Wilson among others)? I honestly don't know. I DO know that that chance to make a run at the title isn't guaranteed, and the more you stock up on talent, the better your chances. He's a strong temptation, especially since he won't cost any other assets. If Douglas can get him at the right number, he's probably worth the risk, but I doubt he'll give the Jets an "Aaron Rodgers Discount".

12. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

He’s owed $0 cash. People who think he’s getting paid $20mm shouldn’t be taken seriously.

13. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

I pass. What money we have left can be better spent on the Quinnen extension and driving down the Rodgers cap hit. And maybe beef up the o-line. And the Kwon contract. Maybe a little linebacker depth. In other words, no on Hopkins

14. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Because this is Jets land, the fanbase believes we can sign everyone, who gets released

KingRoach likes this.
  15. NCJetsfan

I agree. Even though Hopklins won't get a huge contract ($15+ million), for whatever it would take to sign him, the Jets could probably sign Kown Alexander, Josh Johnson, and Matt Araiza, and still have money left over to lower the cap or put towards Q's extension.

JetFanInNE and BrooklynJetsFan like this.
  16. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Which would absolutely be great moves. But let's give these young guys a chance first in camp. JD and Saleh are still focused on the youth movement.

I think we're really contending next year after another great draft. Bills or Chiefs will most likely get him and that will make the Super Bowl go through either in the AFC.

17. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Money talks. We were going to make OBJ a competitive offer before Ravens blew him away. Who knows, it is possible JD offers him around 10 mil and then waives Davis, and the Jets could be the highest bidder.

18. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

19. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I like Hopkins, but going into this offseason, did anyone really think we needed four new wide receivers?

ouchy likes this.
  20. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I’m surprised to see so many people against going after him.

To me, it’s pretty simple, would I rather have Corey Davis and a few extra million (3-5M) in cap space or DHop?

This feels like the type of move that a team who’s “all-in” with a soon to be 40 year old QB makes to push them over the top. I genuinely see no negatives to adding DHop.

Brook! and ColoradoContrails like this.