Day After Mock

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WoodyHarrelson, Jan 12, 2021.

1. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Justin Fields played a very pedestrian Bama D. I know he’s hurt but that was not convincing. Again, as a Clemson fan, him beating up on that D was not impressive since they took a huge step back this year. Bad games in 50% of his regular season games it seemed. Anyways, the possibility of trading back is now more difficult as I’d expect Jamar Chase and Devonta Smith to go early.

1-2: Devonta Smith. Total stud. Comes from a small town in LA and seems like the furthest thing from a diva. I think his character is the ultimate selling point here

1-23: Najee Harris-RB Bama

2-2: If there’s a spot we will trade back it’s here. Patrick Jones Edge rusher from Pitt and will be mid second with an actors 3rd

3-2: Josh Meyers C OSU
    3-15: Josh Jobe CB Bama
    3-24: Jackson Carman LG Clemson

2. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

It’s probably not realistic but I like it. Those two guys at the top for the Jets changes the dynamic of the offense that’s for sure.

They may be able to trade down slightly and still pick up Smith.

westiedog1 and ouchy like this.
  3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

That was hardly a "pedestrian Defense" last night

The Media is crowning N Saben but as far as I am concerned he has an NFL Team within College ranks and each year he has a stable of NFL ready talent...thats why Alabama wins and wins what 6 Nat Championships and beats up the competition?? . Its totally unfair and hardly an even playing field . Sure hes a decent Coach..but not on Bellicheks level lol

FTMR you put this Alabama team vs Jax or NY Jets and they would win smh

Against Bengals and even Philadelphia they would hang in there

4. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I love your first two picks.

1) It means that we keep Sam as our QB. If Lawrence was available I would say go ahead and take him, but I wouldn't discard Sam for any other QB in this draft.
    2) Devonta Smith is the right pick for the Jets at 2. Maybe he can't make a one hand catch falling backward into the end zone, but he is basically another OBJ without the baggage. He can easily take the top off a defense or score on short balls by splitting a defense with his blazing speed. In short, he is a homerun hitter for a team that desperately needs one.
    3) Najee Harris is a big, fast RB who can both run around a defender or through one. He's the kind of RB that wears down a defense with contact and forces defenses to not over defend the pass which will give Sam time to find receivers. However, based on his performance in the CBS, I don't think he will last until 23. I think he will be a top 15 pick. It's possible based on rankings that Travis Etienne may be there at 23, if so, I would take him. He's not a big back like Harris but he was the top ranked RB before Harris ran wild in the payoffs.
    4) For the second round pick (34) I like Zevon Collins LB Tulsa (6'4" 260 lb) This guy does well getting to the QB and throwing RBs for a loss.
    5) I wasn't aware the Jets had 3 picks in the 3rd round, from what I see it's only 2, 66 and 87 as in the 1st round. If so, my picks would be
    66 - Paulson Adebo, CB Stanford (6'1" 192) Rangy body with long arms.
    87 - Rhamondre Stevenson RB Oklahoma (6'0" 246) Another big RB who can wear down a defense. Ran for 170+ yds in Oklahoma bowl game. Would take him if Jets took Etienne in round 1 but not if Jets took Harris. I understand that the passing game is what wins in the NFL, but having Etienne and Stevenson would force defenses to concentrate on stopping them and not focus so much on getting to Sam.

My picks are based on my belief that we don't need to draft high in the following areas:
    OL with Becton and Elflein is solid on the left side and adequate on the right. Maybe a C in the 3rd or 4th round would be good.
    TE with Herdon overcoming injuries and performing well at the end of last year, he's coming into his own. Brown and Griffen are not Kelce but are solid.
    S May is solid, maybe all-pro, anyway, I don't believe in drafting S in the high rounds unless there's another Jamal Adams.
    DL with Williams and the others who got good experience at the end of last year we're good

#4 westiedog1, Jan 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2021