Darron Lee hits hard

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Lon Chaney, Apr 4, 2023.

1. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

2. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

What a PoS.

3. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

https://nypost.com/2023/04/04/darro...om?utm_source=nypost&utm_campaign=android_nyp

Former Jets first-round pick Darron Lee was arrested in Ohio on Monday and accused of beating both his own mother and the mother of his 2-year-old son.

Lee was still in jail Tuesday morning after being charged with two counts of misdemeanor assault and two counts of misdemeanor domestic violence, according to Franklin County Sheriff’s records.

Lindsey McGlone, the mother of Lee’s son, reportedly called police in Dublin, Ohio on Monday afternoon and said Lee was assaulting his mother, Candice Lee.

After hearing Candice’s screaming upstairs, McGlone reportedly told police she went up and saw Candice “lying on her back with Mr. Lee overtop of her with a raised fist.”

Candice Lee reportedly told police that she came to the house because McGlone said she did not feel safe in the home with Darron Lee.

Candice said her son was lying on the floor in an upstairs bedroom and that he became incensed when she told him he had to leave the house, allegedly screaming at her, pushing her against a wall, throwing her to the ground and punching her in the face.

She was transported to the hospital with head pain and swelling in one cheek.

McGlone also accused Lee of a previous domestic violence incident, from last October, saying the ex-Jet became violent with her when he suspected her of cheating.

McGlone told police that Lee got on top of her in bed and threatened “that he would kill her and their child.”

She also claimed that he punched a pillow to the side of her, and grabbed her throat.

She also claimed that he punched a pillow to the side of her, and grabbed her throat.

The former linebacker was also accused of grabbing McGlone by her neck and swinging her to the ground.

Lee reportedly told police that she struck him in the face during the October incident and denied having thrown an object at her or grabbing her neck.

Police charged Lee in connection with the incident after they looked at photos of McGlone’s injuries and broken phone, and a diary entry from the day of the alleged altercation.

After being cast off by the Jets, Lee was a member of the Chiefs’ Super Bowl championship team in the 2019-20 season.

He last played with the Bills during the 2020 regular season and spent time in Raiders training camp in 2021 before being cut.

4. NYJ1970

I HATED this pick from the very second it was made. The pick signified many things that I thought were possible:

1) Darron Lee was a little twerp and a guy that was NEVER going to step in and solidify the defense the way all of us were being told.

2) Mike Macagnan was a SH*T GM that had absolutely no sense of urgency. He didn't care about drafting players that could immediately contribute.

3) Mike Macagnan had no idea about team building. He knew to take BPA. In fact he always did that in the 1st round except THIS pick. 2016 was the first and only time when he didn't have an obvious BPA staring him in the face. When he was forced to make a pick based on good scouting? He was an almost 100% FAILURE.

4) The Darron Lee pick was going to add lots of street cred to "same old Jets". Then all the BS came out about his off the field BS. Darron Lee was a f*cking punk in the mold of Geno Smith and was as intelligent as Robbie Anderson.

I am so glad Woody saw fit to shitcan Macagnan. He was the very worst GM the Jets have ever had.

5. twown

twown Well-Known Member

I blame Leonard Williams. He should have been there to step in.

Leicester Jet and mrjet80 like this.
  6. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

7. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I was at that draft in Chicago. I remember Tunsil falling and thinking the Jets were going to make a move….

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Sharon Lee showing his true self. F that guy

9. NYJ1970

That was the move they were supposed to make. They had a deal to trade up from 20 to 10 for the Jets 1st, 2nd, and 4th. But Macagnan wanted CHRISTIAN HACKENBERG so bad he decided not to take the trade. Talk about a dingbat move. There's a reason why Mike Macagnan is out of the NFL altogether.

KingRoach likes this.
  10. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

11. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I remember the first game of the 2018 season, Darnold's debut in Detroit. Darnold threw a pick six his first pass but the Jets came back to crush the Lions 48-17. Lee had 2 picks in that game including a pick six. Dang if we didn't think we were headed for the promised land that day. Lee's problem was that he wasn't strong as a MLB. He was consistently overpowered on blocks by interior lineman. He did make some plays running down backs going wide, but his position required stuffing the middle which he could not do to save his life. Never could understand why they didn't put him outside. He might have been effective as a PR.

12. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

The irony is I remember reading back when he was GM that Macagnan and his wife were both advocates against domestic violence and I think his wife was actually a member/administrator of one of those support groups. He had talked about it and mentioned how he steered against players who had been involved in those type scenarios. Not that that was a bad thing. But here we are several years later and one of his former first round "gems" is arrested for beating up his own mother......smh.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  13. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

He beat up his Mom? That's repulsive.

14. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Maybe Lee never told Douglas that he had plans to beat up his own mother in six years.

15. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Where does Douglas come into this?….

IDK maybe I’m the only one who sees the irony …..

16. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

My bad, maybe it was MacCagnan he did not tell. The point remains the same, regardless of who it is - there are things people are not going to talk honestly about and things that happen that no one planned for.