Dark Souls

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by German Jets Fan, Oct 11, 2011.

1. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

Anyone playing this?

I just beat the Goat Demon, this Game is just so freakin awsome.

2. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

I just popped it in yesterday.

Got past the first boss, and my shield vanished. Now, Im just getting killed before the merchant. So far, not fun. I may re-roll as a different character

3. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

I'm playing as a Knight. Game is AWESOME. Maddeningly difficult at times, but never unreasonable. Each boss is like a puzzle you have to solve. I just killed this one-legged Lightning Throwing Boss who was a bitch.

4. German Jets Fan

Just beat that guy, really took some patience.

I'm gonna go down the sewers now, it's really gross down there.

5. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

[​IMG]

A friend of mine at work won't stop raving about this game. Every piece I read on it tells me he's right.

6. Dirty6Sanchez

Noooo, don't go down there yet, its really nasty. There's Frogs that will curse you. I'd go to the forest first and level up a bit. Lots of goodies in there and good soul farming.

GET THIS GAME!

7. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Sadly, I blew my videogame budget for this month when I pre-ordered Battlefield 3. Probably all for the better, actually. I'll let Dark Souls take the back burner while I work through my other games that actually have plot.

8. German Jets Fan

Ran throu the Forrest once, yeah, nice spot, and I´m definitly going back there for some Moss, but I don´t wanna spend 20k on that key right now, and with lvl 28 now, I figure, I´m strong enought for the sewers, we´ll see how that works out.

9. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

loved Demons Souls....put a lot out of hours into that game.

haven't picked this one up yet, been playing shadow of the collosus HD ps3 remix. i have so many games i own that i either haven't played or have barely played.

will probably get this, batman arkham city and gears of war 3 when Toys R Us has their buy 2 get 1 free video game annual sale

10. Dirty6Sanchez

Just beat this big green butterfly on a bridge. First time I ran into it, it floated down so gracefully...and then one-shotted me:rofl:

11. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Should I get Demon's Souls first?

12. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I played this for an hour so far and it sucks. I'm really hoping the hype is right.

13. Dirty6Sanchez

The games have very little to do with each other I'm told.

14. jets_fan_in_fishtown

if you're a casual gamer, you're not going to like it.

it's a hard game, and can be downright cruel sometimes. it's not unfair, but it can kick your ass and get you frustrated

15. jets_fan_in_fishtown

you don't have to, but it'll give you an idea of the gameplay and how it works.

you should for the fact alone that it is a great game. as far as the story it's not really a big part of the game

the first time i crossed the bridge on the castle on level 1-1 i almost had a heart attack. just fuckin awesome. you'll see what i mean when you get it

16. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Na I'm pretty avid. It's getting good now, I think i was just bored at first.

17. Christian

Christian Active Member

Just bought the game today, does anyone play that caster class, pyromancer I think its called?

Why in the world do they have me actually using an axe and a sheild as a caster? Do they become more spell reliant later in the game? By the way im not very far, I'm getting molested by that bridge boss everytime I face him.

18. German Jets Fan

Doesn´t matter. When it comes to Story, those two aren´t linked, and they don´t really have much story anyway. It would help you understand lot of thing, but when you start demons souls, you will be completely lost at first, too, so it doesn´t really matter, which one you play first.

Game takes a lot of patience, never let your guard down, wait for the enemy to attack and then strike fast and hard, if you don´t have the patience for that kind of playstyle, or get frustrated easily, this one isn´t for you. Most Spells are supposed to help you in combat, and not to deal huge damage.

Casters or Archers won´t work like in other Games, you can´t just walk throu there and zapp out everything from a distance. Enemys will get to you on a regular basis, and you have to man up in close combat, too. Most spells are designed to give you an advantage in close combat, and not to deal a huge amout of damage, and kill everything before they see you. In this game, you need Skill and good reflexes, nomatter what class you play.

That Boss is easy, climb up the ladder, jump down and hit him with a airborne attack, repeat 3-5 times, and he´s done.

#18 German Jets Fan, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  19. Dirty6Sanchez

Yeah the Taurus Demon you just have to climb the ladder where the two archer were and jump-stab him a few times. When you get off his back lure him away from the ladder and get around him so you can climb back up. Rinse, repeat. He is also very vulnerable to fire attacks.

20. Revis

Revis Banned

Not , how about the rules ?