Darius Walker

Discussion in 'Draft' started by SonofDinger, Jan 11, 2007.

1. SonofDinger

SonofDinger Well-Known Member

I haven't seen too much of this guy. But what I have seen, I liked.

Since he just declared for the draft, do you guys see him being around #25 for us? Is he worth a first rounder? Where is he projected?

http://www.nbcsports.com/cfb/816687/detail.html

2. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

Hell no.. walker is avg rb at best in the nfl. he is slow ,lacks power and dances to much.Solid vision,good hands i watched thiis guy for everygame he played in his entire career at nd . he wont be a 1st rd pick. he will be lucky to be a 1st day.

3. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

no way.

i think the sleeper will be Kenneth Darby from Alabama. he's like a Curtis Martin clone.

cheers

4. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

He's garbage- at best a 2nd day pick.

Any GM that would waste a 1st round pick on him is either a) a Notre Dame homer or b) insane.

5. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

Well, he's not garbage. He has excellent hands out of the backfield, and he has very good vision and balance. I don't know how athletically gifted he is, but he is a fundamentally sound player and a high character kid. Speed didn't seem to be an issue when he was consistently getting to the corner against an athletically superior LSU team. I would take a shot on him in the third round.

-X-

6. Coach K

Coach K New Member

glad you mentioned him Darby is amazing. id take him in the 3rd or 4th

7. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I've liked Kenneth Darby for a long time. He's a high character kid and a good all around back. IMO, he will be a mid to late 2nd rd pick. Darby has had very nagging injuries that probably hurt his stock some.

I'd really like the Jets to look at Lorenzo Booker, in rd 3 or 4. Booker has been injuryed and never developed into the player he is capable of being. Booker had a awesome bowl game, although against a weaker team. I've listen to him speak on several occasions and comes across extremely intelligent. Lorenzo is bigger than Leon, his fellow Fla St friend, and is built like Curtis Martin.

I wouldn't mind a tandem of Leon and Lorenzo in the Jet's Backfield.

8. Coach K

Coach K New Member

lol your wrong about Lorenzo, I hate to say. I live in FL, attend FSU games and watched both their careers. Booker is a bout 6 ft, 190 lbs. hes not a tough runner at all. But that doesnt mean hes not a helluva player.

Id consider him a poor mans Reggie Bush, itd be hard to rightly critique him on anything based on his senior or junior yr cuz FSU's O-line has been horrendous in that time.

After the Combine there will be teams willing to bite on Booker in Rd 2. After he does his position drills and showcases his athleticism, which is outright amazing. But hes not really a tough runner. But he is definitely a big play threat. Expect to see him be a returner his rookie year and a decoy ala Reggie Bush.

He'll prolly go in RD 2 and only way Id even entertain the thought of taking him with our late 2nd rd pick was if we addressed one of these positions via FA. OL/DL/LB

#8 Coach K, Jan 11, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2007
  9. A.C.E.S

A.C.E.S New Member

I think we have our eyes on Lynch at this point. I don't belive in this Walker kid.

10. Coach K

Coach K New Member

Lynch is a top 20, only way we get him is through trading up which I dont think hes worth it at that point

11. A.C.E.S

A.C.E.S New Member

That sucks, I guess we really do not know what position we're going to takei n the first round yet.

12. jetman8094

jetman8094 New Member

There is no way you can say Walker dances way to much. He is a patient runner who waits for the hole and then hits it full speed. Also if he is so slow why was he able to run sweeps against LSU who is one of the fastest teams in the nation ?

I am sure that he (Walker) has gauged his value before deciding to come out. There is no way he would give up his senior season to be a second day pick. Walker is the same size as Tiki and has the potential to become a similar back. And don't forget ND runs a pro style offense which will help his value. As will having Charlie's backing.

13. dbatesman

dbatesman New Member

We already have a "guy who maybe, someday might become the next Tiki Barber" in Leon Washington. We need a grinder to wear defenses down.

14. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

Lol yea draft walker because he had some success vs LSU.. If your telling me walker is fast than you must not have seen him play much.there is a reason his career longest run is 40 yards. thats terrible for a fulltime ncaa runningback.

#14 hydro51, Jan 11, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2007
  15. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

How am I'm wrong about Booker? He's bigger than Leon, which I stated, and similar in size to Curtis Martin, just a little lighter and slightly taller. I still believe Booker will be a Rd 3 prospect, too many concerns about durability....and there are quite a few Rbs that will go ahead of him.

16. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

i really don't see Darby lasting until the 4th -- I don't even think he'll last til our 3rd; but if he's there with our 3rd, we should take him. he's a grinder with excellent vision and he's shifty. he won't break a lot of long runs; therefore he's not a threat to go the distance, but that's what Washington is for.

in that other thread, Tannenbaum mentioned they really like the dual RB operation, so it makes sense to bring in a guy like Darby who can wear Defenses down. his injury history is a bit of a concern, but i don't know what type of injuries they were and what their likelihood of reoccuring is. anyone who's got info on that, please post.

cheers

17. DonnieBaseball23

DonnieBaseball23 Active Member

Yeah, he should be around in the 4th round.

18. jetman8094

jetman8094 New Member

I said "There is no way you can say Walker dances way to much. He is a patient runner who waits for the hole and then hits it full speed. Also if he is so slow why was he able to run sweeps against LSU who is one of the fastest teams in the nation ?" When did I say to draft Walker ? All I said is I don't believe he is that slow. He may not have a great "top gear" but he get up to full speed quickly. Also ND was not a team that pounded the ball. Curtis hardly ever broke big runs. Does that mean he was a below average back?

19. Coach K

Coach K New Member

your wrong about him because hes not bigger than booker, hes taller. thats it. the fact leon manages to outweigh him by about 10-15 lbs while being 5 inches taller means alot.

booker has a WR build im just telling you. and martin has him by 20 lbs, thats alot.

thats why i said your wrong lol. not trying to be an asshole but i watched the guys whole career.

20. pakijet

pakijet New Member

I think we should get the best rb in the draft....bush,lynch, peterson, and irons are on my list