Daniel Jones

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Brook!, Oct 12, 2019.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I mean "short shelf life" compared to a QB but barkley is going to be there for the next 8 years. He's a superhuman freak. he's gonna return from a high ankle sprain after like 3 weeks. those take up to 2 months for most players. I agree with DJ not being a franchise QB. he's a JAG. he'll fizzle out and bounce around the NFL here and there over his career

2. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

fake news. LOL

3. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Well, I mean you have to be careful making these guys out to be something other than human. I thought the same of Earl Campbell but he wasnt quite the same after his first 3 years. These guys are in fact human. Barkley should not be out there this quickly...he could get re injured.

Sports is weird. Some guys are tubby vats of goo but chug along forever. Colon..Marty Brodeur etc. Some guys look like they're carved from granite and always get hurt (Cespedes) we don't quite know what Barkley is but rushing back out there could be a mistake

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

players aren't dumb either. barkely won't risk his future if he isn't ready. everyone heals differently

5. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Cold weather games with wind could be a big issue for him. He could be a guy who really runs into some trouble after week 11 or some when the inclement weather has effects on games

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  6. Stagman

Stagman Active Member

I think that it's only a couple "experts" believe he is better than Sam. Like Rex Ryan.

7. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

The best part about this debate is that these idiots opinions mean nothing ... the answer to this question will be answered on the field & I'm confident Sam will prevail.

JohnnyJet1222 and MJK like this.
  8. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Eli can go into the hall to polish Klecko's bust.

9. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

I like Jones skill set and I like the fact that he has exposed the sports media for being complete buffons....I would take Darnold over him but think they will both be better then the media darlings Mayfield and Jackson.....honestly it's mindless to rank young QBs after a handfull of starts.

10. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

No he hasn't. So far he's played well against a bad defense, okay against a bad defense, and bad twice against two good defenses. Those who were trashing the pick could easily end up being right.

Brook! likes this.
  11. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

He's already proven to have a much higher skill set then advertised.....extremely accurate, mobility, leadership skills, can process information quickly...from what I've seen he's the best QB in the draft....I guess you can debate Murray but I always thought Haskins was a college QB and a bust....time will tell but the overreaction at the time was mindless....as if ESPN commentators know who's a good draft pick. Lol. I also don't have a Giants hatred so I'm not blinded with bias.

12. HomeoftheJets

I'm not saying Jones won't be a good QB, it's too soon to tell. But aside from some extra mobility, he really hasn't displayed any unknown skills. He's completed barely over 60% of his passes and thrown more interceptions than TDs. Murray has been much better. And frankly, from reading your last two posts, you seem pretty blinded with bias, just not against the Giants. More against "the media" and QBs that don't look like traditional QBs.

13. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Traditional QBs meaning what? I think Mahomes and Watson are the two best QBs in the league going forward...if by tradition QBs you mean guys who can process information and throw with accuracy then yes I'm biased towards those skill sets...as far as the media yeah I think the sports hot take culture is annoying and don't take most of those people seriously.

14. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

But you can see that Jones is better.. huh

15. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Jones has started 3 games Murray has started the season so obviously he's compiled more numbers....besides I really don't dislike Murray my argument is more about Jones vs Haskins which was the debate at the time...I prefer Jones over Jackson and Mayfield long term....I also prefer Sam over all these guys drafted the past 2 years so I'm sure you guys agree with that. Lol

#35 MJK, Oct 18, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  16. dawinner127

Murray has higher completion %, YPA, and better TD:TO ratio. The fact that Jones has more turnovers in double the games is also quite alarming IMO.

17. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Murray hasn't had to learn a pro set. He is running the exact same system he ran in college including the terminology. It's so far working out. It may set him back years if it doesn't work out. Hard to know.

Jones turnovers aren't alarming at all. He's a rookie QB on a bad team thrown into the fire. He will either adjust and get better or he won't. Alarming, no.

18. dawinner127

He lacked ball security in the preseason and it has followed through 4 games so far without any sign if it improving.

19. HomeoftheJets

The problem is Jones hasn't shown the ability to process information or throw with accuracy. If you cut out all the noise and narratives, he looks like a typical rookie QB. That doesn't mean he won't be a franchise QB (Darnold looked similar last year and so did Goff, Wentz, etc. as rookies) but to call people who didn't like him buffoons is way over the top. And for someone who thinks the hot take culture is annoying, that's a pretty hot take you had.

20. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

4 games holy shit. Guess which 4 NFL QB's lead NFL history in pick 6's. Hint one of them was a NY Jet. Two of them were known for their outrageously quick release, one of them was known as a gunslinger and the 4th was considered one of the smartest QB's in NFL history who might be the reason Adam Gase is our HC.