Daniel Graham anyone?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MarionBarber31, Jul 26, 2012.

1. MarionBarber31

MarionBarber31 New Member

Saw him mentioned as a possible signing for us as an established blocking TE. He doesn't offer much as a receiver and will be 34 years old by season's end.

Do you think he is worth signing? And if not, does anybody know any strong blocking TEs available out there? I still think we're missing that element on our roster right now.

2. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

He WAS an elite blocking TE, but that was 5-8 years ago...Still could be of some value; at a vet min...

3. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

I'd rather have Graham than Shockey, but don't know if Graham is the answer. I agree that we need a blocking TE, but I think we can wait until cuts to bring someone in. I recall that we signed Hartsock really late in the preseason a few years back and that worked out OK.

4. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

For the Vet minimum sure. He's not the best blocking tight end but he's still better then anyone on our roster right now. He's a veteran too so we won't have to worry about stupid penalties atleast.

5. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

With the depth on O-line, Baker and the 2 service'able 'hybrid' tight ends and Baker I don't think it's out of the question to assume we'll use one of the big line guys as an extra blocker ( a la Ducasse ) last year. This will also allow us to give WFH a little extra help having a familiar body next to him on the line.

2 TE sets with Keller/Cumberland on obvious passing downs Baker/<BigBodyOLine> on obvious run situations, and a healthy mix-up of the 3 Keller/Baker as the base set. Could work out pretty well IMO.

6. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Has Becht retired? ; )

7. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

George Bryan is my #1 available TE

With hopes that the Fins cut Fasano or we sign him after this season

8. JVilma51

JVilma51 Member

I think we can all agree anybody is better than 5 flag per game Mulligan