Dan Henning likely on his way out in Miami. Plus I think Miami is a Joke

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by MadBacker Prime, Dec 21, 2010.

1. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

"Much to his fan base's dismay, Miami Dolphins head coach Tony Sparano delivered a sparkling testimonial for offensive coordinator Dan Henning on Monday.

It was the kind of approval you'd expect to see on a dust jacket or DVD cover.

"I think that Dan Henning -- for Tony Sparano -- has been tremendous, and I think that the guy has done a wonderful job here," Sparano said. "I would tell you that -- for Tony Sparano -- Dan Henning's been tremendous."

And you should buy a Dan Henning, too. Take it from me, Tony Sparano.

Sparano's comments evoke the image of Fred McGriff pointing at me while talking up Tom Emanski videos.

Miami Herald reporter Jeff Darlington writes Sparano likely was being respectful when talking about Henning because unnamed sources around the Dolphins understand Henning will retire after this season.

With that in mind, Sparano has no reason to speak ill of him. Sparano's comments should provide no indication whether Henning would be back -- not only because of the retirement rumors, but also because there are no guarantees Sparano will be back either.

The Dolphins have regressed in each of Sparano's three seasons. They won the 2008 AFC East title in the regular-season finale, still were alive for a playoff berth entering last year's finale and were eliminated from the postseason race with two games left this season.

Miami's offense is the main reason for their problems.

Henning, who turned 68 in June, sat out the 2007 season and was believed to be retired when he joined the Dolphins to help out old friend Bill Parcells.

For the past three years, Henning has overseen a fascinating offense that set an NFL trend with the Wildcat. But quarterbacks coach David Lee conjured up the idea to get Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams on the field together to compensate for a marginal passing game.

The Dolphins have struggled on offense all year. They added star receiver Brandon Marshall to a group that had proved it could grind out yardage, but neither the run nor the pass game evolved.

The Dolphins enter Sunday's game against the Detroit Lions ranked 22nd in total offense, 21st in run offense and 17th in pass offense."

While someone had to take the punch here I think it's the wrong guy. Henne comes up small in big spots, has more INTs than TDs again and this is with Marshall on the team.

Marshall is in that elite4 group of receivers but with poor QB play what do they expect? I'd like to add that their fans are a bundle of sticks!

(I'm trying to bate them into coming here since they've all vanished after the Bills knocked them out of the playoff picture... lol)

I thought after our first matchup that this would be a good rivalry for years to come, but I just don't see it. If our offense came to play that day we would've demolished them.

I encourage Miami fans to root for us in the playoffs again, we will gladly feed your wolf for you. Whatever the hell that means.

2. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Next year's the year for Miami tho! Ridiculous that mediocre squad has won 3/4 games against us in the Rex Ryan era.

3. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Speaking of mediocre.....where are their troll fans? They skipped 2 1/2 months show up for a week and leave again....go figure.

Walkenidiot is a prime example, that product of 2 of cousins, both with downs syndrome was talking so much crap September 25 then comes back last Tuesday......gone....lmao

4. MadBacker Prime

I'll take that every 2 years as long as we're in the playoffs.

5. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

6. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Miami fans aren't even good at trolling :rofl2:

7. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Let's have fun with it now, because if the Chin gets the job there, this will be the toughest division in football.

8. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

I love Henning I am a huge fan, I hope he doesn't retire and he comes here
    IMO one of the best offensive coordinators in the league

9. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Really? filler

10. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

Yes really, He is a big reason that team got resurrected. He is a better coordinator hands down compared to Schottenheimer in my book

Its not his fault he doesn't have qb and his o line is beat up

11. MadBacker Prime

Dolphins' home cooking laced with arsenic

HAHAHA-

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/23599/dolphins-home-cooking-laced-with-arsenic

"The Miami Dolphins have one more shot to avoid matching their worst home record in club history.

As unthinkable as it might have seemed after the Dolphins won 11 games and the AFC East title just two years ago, they might be on the verge of being as incompetent on their home field as the team that went 1-15 in 2007.

The Dolphins are 1-6 in Sun Life Stadium entering Sunday's game against the Detroit Lions. The Lions are trying to win consecutive road games for the first time since 2004. At least the Dolphins have that going for them.

Only twice in franchise history has Miami won a single home game. That includes seasons before the NFL went to a 16-game schedule.

Worst home records in Dolphins history:
    2007, 1-7
    2010, 1-6
    1968, 1-5-1
    1969, 2-4-1
    1966, 2-5

So even if the Dolphins win Sunday, they'll still have the third-worst home record in team history."

Chad Henne is the man!! Any takers yet?

12. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

He's better than Schotty.

I'd rather give MickeyD a chance. (If we can't get Rex's guy from Oakland)

Especially if we could get Hackett as QB coach.

13. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

Henning was the Jets quarterback coach late 90s early 2000s, if he came back for that job to mentor Sanchez id be ecstatic

14. MadBacker Prime

Chads in charge.

A Dolphin fan wish list article, thought this one was a bit of a stretch. From backup QB to OC just like that??

"Chad Pennington is already on the sideline as a valuable resource for Chad Henne. Since things have gone so poorly between Henne and offensive coordinator Dan Henning, who has been leaning toward retirement since Bill Parcells left the building, why not hand Pennington the headset and the play card now?

Best case, Pennington falls in love with the job and signs on to be the Dolphins' OC in 2011, while Henne, liberated by a fresh outlook, starts slinging passes all over the lot and talks everybody off that Donovan McNabb/Carson Palmer ledge.

Worst case, the Dolphins lose a couple more games and see their draft position climb a half-dozen slots.

Sounds like win-win to me"

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/20...on-marshall-tony-sparano-era-miami-dolphins/2

15. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

As long as they keep Sparano I'm happy. That stupid fist-pumping, pop-pop-waving, jumping-up-and-down, sun-glass-wearing, nasal-sounding vagina needs to stay there forever. Fuck that team they deserve that retard.

16. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

Henning blows

17. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

He really doesn't your team blows

18. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Well.....game over. Lions win. First ever Lions win in Miami. It is now safe to say Henning is most likely gone.....Sperano hanging by a thread........:finssuck:ricky williams

19. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

That team made 0 progress from last year. Funny stuff.

20. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

Yeah, but next season. Next season, they're winning the AFC East. Honestly, next season Henne's going to show Sanchez why he's a better quarterback than anyone in the AFC bar Brady and Manning, and probably even better than Peyton. Next season, you watch as Brandon Marshall tears the division apart. Next season, the AFC had better watch out.