Cutler. Sanchez. Stafford. Delhomme. Freeman. Hasselbeck.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PinPointPenning10, Jan 19, 2010.

1. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Those are the only QBs in the NFL who threw more INTs than Peyton Manning this season. He threw 16, or about 1 per game. And that's with Peyton not playing most of the final 2 games. The man is human. We need to pressure him, make him try to force the ball to onto Revis Island. Without time to make decisions, he'll hopefully make some poor throws. Control the ball, force turnovers, and the Jets can shock the world.

2. rickjet

rickjet Well-Known Member

I would agree..but Fatcessa said wouldn't have won 4 weeks ago against the Colts and we have No Chance in this game....usually he is about 99% wrong..so I think we have a very good chance....

3. 624

624 Banned

I have watched a good amount of Colts games this year, Manning has been amazing don't get me wrong but he has thrown his fair share of picks this year. Hopefully we take advantage of our opportunities.

4. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

Two things you need to wake up to, you delusional Jets homer.

1) Peyton Manning is the greatest quarterback of all time. Combine him with the unstoppable Dallas Clark, who will catch 19 third down passes for 345 yards and 6 touchdowns, and the Jets have no chance to win.

2) The Jets = Ravens. And the Colts beat the Ravens. Itso facto, the Colts will mop the floor with the Jets. It's just for some mysterious reason every team comes out and sucks ass against them in the playoffs, but this week will be different.

D) The Colts are pissed about being pulled out of the game, so they'll be angry. Plus their defense is so small and fast, Shonn Greene won't have the ball handed off to him before he's swarmed.

5. Vegas

Vegas New Member

If there is a pick to be had, He will find it. I'd say Peyton will challenge Revis a couple of times on Sunday, so we will have our chance.

6. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I totally agree with you on #1. Peyton has off games and I really feel (talking about #2 now) that sunday will be one.

7. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

Manning has thrown 16 picks

Sanchez has thrown 20

Peyton is worlds better but like the previous poster said, he can be picked off

Ed Reed got him twice last week even though they didn't wind up counting(you know why)

8. jetsmetsfan

jetsmetsfan New Member

What I think of our JETS
    They have a unbelievably good defense then there's Revis, a rocking offensive line, 2 stud running backs , and a coach with balls and most importantly this team has Swagger. Get used to us we're going to be around here for a while..And now there's Manning we all would love to have a Manning under center. and we are not the Ravens we are the JETS and will play JET football control the clock Run, Run, and Run the ball, force Manning to make mistakes and protect our Rookie QB.

9. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

This is actually a really good point, because the Jets haven't just forced turnovers; they've been pretty successful at turning those mistakes into points.

If they can come up with a few blitzes that actuall reach Manning, they will be able to force a mistake or two. And they'll probably need to do that if they want a chance of winning.

10. jetsmetsfan

jetsmetsfan New Member

And one more thing will your Colts pull Manning if he's getting his AZZ kicked in the second Half. Great excuse in our 1st meeting .. Having trouble with our D so I would have agreed pull your franchise players also. your the 1 or 2 seed anyway. But don't tell me your Colts gave us a gift thats crap . We had you neck to neck when your starters were in so who's really pissed .. not the Colts we are Our boys want to show you Who we are. So tell Peyton the gang green is a coming with our guns a blazing.

11. JetsFan2004

JetsFan2004 Member

1. Agree Peton is great.

2. We're better than the Ravens. If your team and coaching staff think we are the same, you will lose Sunday.

3. Why would the Colts be pissed about being pulled? Their beloved coach and owner made the call. So why are they angry? It's the coaches falt that you didn't "make history" Also, it was only 15-10 when the starters left. Not exactly a blow out.

I will not get into a pissing match with Colts fans. But if you think the Jets are even close to the same team you saw in week 16, you're in for a big surprise.

12. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

you realize "The Lord" is a Jets fan, right?

its a shame that sarcasm can be so difficult for people to notice on the internet...

13. JetsFan2004

JetsFan2004 Member

Sorry, Im not on here every 30 seconds to know whos user name is who. Disregard. Damn.

14. BingoJetsFan

BingoJetsFan New Member

The Jets just need to play the same game they played against the Chargers, with a touch more offense thrown in. D will save the day!

15. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I wouldn't be surprised to see Rex employ a similar strategy that the Pats used in thier runs to the Super Bowl... they'll get physical and force him into mistakes. When he gets flustered he makes alot of mistakes. You've see it... he starts shaking his head, he puts his hands in the air, he throws his OL under the bus. We are gonna bring the heat and if we can hit him a few times we are going to get in his head.

16. salex

salex New Member

Everyone will agree that Peyton is a great QB but our D can force him to make mistakes. We just need to capitalize on those mistakes.

17. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

In spite of what people think not all picks are the same. When you throw the ball down the field from mid field on third and long a pick is essential a punt. With a QB like Manning and a very under rated D like the Colts have it's worth taking a few shots at risk. Picks deep in your own territory or when you are in scoring position on the field are deadly. Picks between the 40's on third and long that are down field not so much.

That said if the Jets can run the ball and actually score points off the run we should be fine.

#17 winstonbiggs, Jan 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  18. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

You fail at sarcasm

It is funny especially with his giant Mets/Jets sig :lol:

19. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Actually, this man is right.

1. Peyton Manning is indeed the greatest quarterback to honor the football fields. EVER. He will throw 500 yards for 10 TDs on Jets D. Revis or no Revis, Manning will be firing all cylinders come Sunday. Run game? Who cares about run game? That's for the feeble-minded losers like the Jets.

2. Jets = carbon copy of Ravens, indeed. Actually I just don't know why Jets are playing this week. Ravens lost. So will the Jets. Any given Sunday? What? Heresy! His excellency - Manning, that is - won't allow it. Mark my words.

3. To make the matter worse, Colts are PISSED. OMG. I am trembling in my boots. This will be one of the old-school backyard beatdown. Trust me. It will be bloody, and won't be pretty.

20. SunshineJet

SunshineJet New Member

All this talk about Colts-D being fast. How come their run defense is so crappy stats wise? Apparently they are the best in the league according so several fat NFL-experts.