Croyle scares me - Big Time

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by Imagesrdecieving, Apr 9, 2006.

1. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

While he seems to have all of the tools - he just is way too injury prone. Behind our bad line, with his small weak frame, it's just a recipe for disaster. After last years freakish QB injuries I may just be a little gun shy but the thought of Penny and Brodie cheerleading in plain clothes would really hurt.

If we do go the 3rd rd QB route - why not Whitehurst who seems to have prototypical size and no past injury concerns?

2. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

I've said it once and I'll say it again--if you go back and watch last year's Iron Bowl you'll understand why Croyle will probably never make it in the NFL, definately not with the Jets. Auburn blitzed Croyle early and often and he was unable to avoid the rush with his cardboard knees. He didn't make quick decisions and even if he had they probably would've led to some interceptions. In any case he was sacked some 8 or 9 times in the first half.

#2 kinghenry89, Apr 9, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2005
  3. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

That might be due to the fact that the Alabama line at the end of the season was in absolute shambles, and they had lost their best offensive threat already a few weeks earlier. Under those conditions, not exactly easy for a QB to succeed, especially against a team that is completely suited for getting to the QB. I don't care what QB you put back there under that kind of pressure, no one would have had success in that situation.

4. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

Anything but Whitehurst. I take it you weren't a Clemson fan. When the reports say he needs to work on his decision making skills, that's a friggin' understatement. You could be up by 30 points and he'd find a way to lose the game for you. He will never start in the NFL.

5. deviljets7

deviljets7 Well-Known Member

Any QB the Jets took with the possible exception of Leinart would likely be the 3rd string in 2006. For that reason, using the Jets current bad O-Line IMO is not a valid excuse for not wanting Croyle or another other 3rd-4th round level QB.