Cromartie To Be Traded Instead??Cimni

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LongIslandBlitz, Jan 27, 2013.

1. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Theres reports that people inside the Jets orginazation would rather see Cro traded over Revis. Ive brought this up they we should trade Holmes and Cro instead of Revis. Cromartie had a great year and has alot of value on the trade market. I wish we didnt have to trade either of the two

2. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

better idea than trading revis

3. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Id hate to break up the best CB tandem ever but if we can't get fair value for Revis we can def get it for Cro, i hate all of this talk. Cromartie is the second or third best player on the team next to or before Mangold who isn't going anywhere

4. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

i dunno, i dont think either will be moved. i think this is all just stuff coming out of the meetings that idzik is having regarding the roster. if mornhinweg things he can fix mark next season might not in fact be a throw away and the team might be competitive

i wouldnt expect to see any big roster moves just this soon, so i doubt the accuracy of these reports.

5. HAYN

HAYN Well-Known Member

Makes sense. Revis > Cro. And coming off the season that Cro had, we could get something decent in return without giving up our best player.

6. Harrier Manc-Jet

Cimini is talking shit again, he nor anyone else knows who will be traded between Revis and cro if at all. He just inspires debate based on no fact at all.

7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

This is all speculation by Cimini playing Madden with the Jets roster

8. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

It's stupid to have that much money into two cornerbacks. You need one or both of them to take drastic paycuts so you can field a TEAM and not the Revis and Cro show.

9. Harrier Manc-Jet

No doubt there's too much money tied in at corner here, but that's exactly where the trade suspicion comes from.

People assume we are going to trade Revis and Cro on that fact alone, not on Cimini and Mehta un-named sources and certainly not from anyone within the jets organisation.

10. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

I would much rather trade Cro than Revis If we can get a 2nd this year and a 1st next year than I would do it Revis will give us a huge haul of picks and could really help turn this team around for the future If Cro goes we will have to get a decent amount for him He is a top 10 CB and is worth it especially after his previous season

11. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

Did you guys even read the article? Or do you just instantly want to bash Cimini.

I get that he can be very negative towards the Jets, but for the most part he is nowhere near as bad as a lot of you make him out to be

12. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

How does trading Cro help with the Revis situation? Or is he implying that the money saved on Cro can be pumped back into a ludicrous contract for Darelle?

The issue is not letting Revis walk for free/spending $16m per year, not 2013 cap space.

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I'm guessing both options are on the table depending on what value they can get for each. They could even trade both. 2013 should be a purge/rebuild year - any success that comes with it is a bonus. Cromatie is the one who saves us 2013 cap space if we move him.

14. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

The problem with keeping Revis over Cro is you know Revis is going to hold you up for more $ every few years.

15. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

The information came from Jason LaConfera (or whatever his name is). He's a reliable NFL insider, so I doubt he's making this up. Add to the fact that neither Woody nor Idzik has outright denied the speculation that Revis is traded, and it's obvious they are, at the very least, thinking about it.

16. Harrier Manc-Jet

Yeah i read his article and as usual its if,buts,whens and hypotheticals, just to inspire debate amongst us fans. Not to mention his negativity towards the jets, but that's a whole other topic.

17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

It's all hypothetical. I don't believe "a small segment of the organization" said this to Cimini, this isn't any different then those "anonymous sources"

I love the idea though, I actually said this in several topics.

18. Harrier Manc-Jet

I will listen to anything from Shefter,La confora etc because they have solid inside sources, Mehta and Cimini are all about hypothetical stories from leaked sources.

I really do think most people assume a trade is inevitable based on our cap situation and money invested in corner rather then inside knowledge from within the organisation itself.

19. Borgata

Borgata Active Member

These reports are ridiculous and even worse how people react to them. Its like "News flash John Idzik looked at the depth chart, what will happen next!!!?"

Isn't this what the organization is supposed to do? Go through the roster and think of ways they can make it or the future of the organization better?

20. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I think Revis still makes more sense long term because he will command more money in the long run than Cro, he has a history of holding out (x2), and the money he will demand ~16 million is probably not worth the 4-5 million difference and holdouts in keeping Cro instead of him