Cromartie can't cover any one

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by gsulli5861, Dec 8, 2013.

1. gsulli5861

gsulli5861 New Member

He can't play press because he's not phsical.Can't bail and run because he no longer has speed. He's as big a liabilty as Milliner. Can't believe Marcel Reese out ran him with the ball in his hand. I don' t recall a guy slipping so much in one year

2. RobertTheJr

RobertTheJr Member

Isn't he playing through an injury?

3. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Cromartie is broken. He wasn't playing at a particularly high level beforehand though.

4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

His hip is fucked up I guess...without his athletisism he aiƱ't got shit.

5. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Neither can Milliner, so there a great pare , at least crummy got a injury excuse

6. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Would rather have Walls playing for Cro... He is a liability... Guy is obviously not the same guy he was last year....

7. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Cro has been playing with an injury all year which explains his poor play this year. But I also think his play this year is very indicative of what to expect from Cro in the future. Cro is an athletic freak who makes up for gambles and poor technique with incredible athleticism. This year because of injuries his athleticism has been limited. As he gets older I would not expect Cro to age well as his game is built so much upon being such a physical freak. A guy like Revis who does not use his speed as much as uses sound technique is the kind of player who will age much better than Cro and likely have much more success in the later stages of his career.

With Cro's huge bonus due to next Spring he is goner unless he can work out a pay cut to a modest salary. Which is probably good for us for the long run. But we may again be hurting at corner next year.

8. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

He's played well in the past. Obviously the injury is giving him trouble. Nothing much we can do but bench him and wait till the season ends. I don't think Idzik wants to use another first round pick on a cb.

9. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

He needs to play well during this last half, if not he's off to FA. I remember Wall's making some plays, they should put him back in.

10. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Cro is certainly making a better case for cutting him at the end of the season. His cap hit will be 15m or so in 2014 if we don't cut him, so it was pretty much a guarantee he was getting cut or taking a big pay cut, now it's looking more and more like he'll get cut. I suppose at the end of the season the coaches and training staff may truly believe he can return to form with an offseason to heal.

11. Sloup

Sloup Active Member

Is there any sort of trade value for him? Obviously the contract is a killer, but could another team renegotiate his contract or would that still hurt the Jets' cap situation?

12. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

Don't we play the browns this year? Josh Gordon is going to break records against this secondary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. If he were to take a paycut I wonder what he could do as a safety for this D. He still has enough range to play the position & I think would be great as a "match up guy" for those freakish tight ends like Gronk. He isn't physical in press but the guy can lay the wood when he's playing off man. He just struggles to mirror against the smaller quicker types. Jets don't do alot of mirroring with their safeties..really only in certain TE match-ups.

14. The_NYTitan

The_NYTitan Member

I think cro will renegotiate this offseason

15. Sandman

Sandman Well-Known Member

Last year he stepped up in the abscence of Revis and really played well. But this year with his injury droping it athleticism he really is hurting us. He either plays off 10 yards so as not to get beat deep or gets easily bypassed with the Jam. I really wish our corners would play a little more aggresive on the Jam. We give up way to many inside slants and out patterns with their easy releases.

16. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

Don't safeties usually you know, tackle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

There's no way Cro could play S imo. He simply isn't physical enough and a willing enough tackler. He has the height and speed (or at least did), but not the mental makeup.

18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Hopefully, Aaron Berry will be back next year. He was looking good until he went down with that injury. Sam Shields and Brent Grimes are two good CBs who will be available in FA. I don' think either will attract top dollar.

19. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

This defense with Revis would look solid right now.But hes gone so Cromartie has become the num 1 corner.He made the pro bowl last season but we also had Landry and Bell back there and QBs were afraid to throw deep.We had the num 1 pass defense.Now with mediocre saftey play and Cros hip injury and Dee Millner getting exposed has lead to problems in the secondary.It should be a easy fix this offseason with the addition of a solid saftey and a cheap veteran CB for depth and a long offseason for Cro to get healthy and Millner to get better.

20. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

There is an obvious injury he is playing through. To go from Pro Bowl to this, it is apparent his hip is hurting him bad.

Next year he should be healthy again and back up to his standards. With an improved Dee, we should see an increase in production from our secondary.