Critical penalties in the 2 losses

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

There has to be some problem here...Bowles the disciplinarian, tough of rules guy has had this team make some really boneheaded plays that ruined drives.

Is this coaching or a young team being reckless with their emotions?

2. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

IF and I mean IF this was the first year of penalties and lack of discipline I would say young players are the main reason.

But but but

But this is a trend, not an anomaly.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Young team stays reckless with their emotions for 4 straight years, right? :cool:

4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

5. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Bowels is a players coach, don't let the media fool you. People take his demeanor for being a no nonsense type of guy where he really is just a no emotion type of guy who seems to care less about what goes on around him because its "on the players" when they do dumb shit.

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Bowles "the disciplinarian, tough of rules guy?" Seriously? That's an oxymoron if I've ever heard one. Bowles and "tough" or "disciplinarian" don't belong in the same post, much less the same sentence as adjectives to describe him.

SOJAZ, NYJetsO12 and Harpua like this.
  7. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

well he sure looks the part HA

8. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

penalties ... wasting time outs ... lack of discipline ... hell this has been an issue since um ...

9. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

There will always be penalties. It's the high level of stupidity associated with the Jets penalties that is the real problem.

10. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

The two unsportsmanlike penalties are the ones that stand out to me. One was a loss of focus and the other an utter lack of class. Both, however, would never had happened if the players respected and/or feared Todd Bowles. Let me tell you what. Crowell wiping his ass with that ball would have NEVER happened on a Parcells team!

Look, this team excels at getting a penalty at the most inopportune time and the "in game action" penalties I can understand...a little. But those two...not at all.

fansince90, LAJet, westiedog1 and 2 others like this.
  11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

They all deserve each other MacCoffee, Zombie the Bubba and the Bandage Bros

FEH FEH AND TRIPLE FEH

The 3 of them get rich and the fans get hell to pay as admission to the clowney show

12. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

The Crowell one had no effect on the game. The Johnson one was fucking stupid and I really hope it was addressed but we knew coming here he has a history of them.

If we are going to talk critical penalties they the discussion should be focused on the way too often holding penalties on our DB's because i have watched them at least 5 times on 3rd down stop a drive and get a holding penalty that extends the drive. Everyone ending up in points for the other team instead of a punt. It's not happening form a lack of discipline it's happening from the desperation of not getting beat when there is constantly no help over top.

13. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

It will take an awful lot to make me believe Bowles is any sort of disciplinarian after he gave Wilkerson a free pass despite being repeatedly late for team meetings.

And as JoeWalton said, there will always be penalties, because the league is trying to make it impossible to stop an offense from scoring a touchdown on every single drive, but it's the avoidable ones that really hurt. The false starts on offence and the clueless personal fouls that can either kill a drive for your team or prolong a stalled drive for the opposition. Those are mental breakdowns and either a player just can't help himself, or he chooses to do it due to some sort of issue. In either case, the team needs to decide if it can live with the issue, fix it, or get rid of the player.

14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Jets players are allowed to wipe ass with the football ONLY when we're ahead on the scoreboard.

Otherwise it's an issue.

15. JdotGriff

A Free Pass? Where do you get your info from? Bowles fined Richardson Wilkerson and Lee for being late to meetings every time and Benched Wilkerson and Richardson half a game each for being late multiple times. All occurrences happened in preseason and was not an issue for the rest of the year. Lets also be clear Wilkerson/Richardson only started that shit after the trade rumors started to come out.

16. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

That is not accurate! In fact, it's utter BS

17. ukjetsfan

Maybe I was too harsh with categorising it as a 'free pass', but after Wilkerson had been late for team meetings, or missed them entirely, on multiple occasions, Bowles said "Sometimes you're late to work. It's life. It's not life threatening ... Sometimes your alarm clock isn't going to go off." I think that was too lenient of him. I can understand what he meant - circumstances can conspire against you - but I don't think it's the right sort of message for a head coach to put out there.

fansince90 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  18. JdotGriff

If bowles had stood up there and made a huge deal about it the media would have ran rampid with it. He hsaid what he had to say publicly and dealt with it behind closed doors.

fansince90 likes this.
  19. JdotGriff

Ok ill re word. The media reported he fined them every time and it is well known they were both benched on separate occasions for a half a game. Then wilkerson was also benched for a game vs the aints and not even brought to NO. Wilkerson had other issues besides being late to meetings and Bowles dealt with it.

If its bullshit find me something that says different.\

Im telling you this board is ridiculous with the lies and blatant bullshit it spread and just because idiots have high post counts people believe it lol.

#19 JdotGriff, Sep 28, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
  20. ukjetsfan

The media did make quite a deal out of it, saying it was an unusual attitude for a head coach to take with a player who had repeatedly flouted team rules. He didn't need to make a huge deal about it, but something like 'our players know it isn't acceptable to be late' would have done a better job. Or something even more anodyne. Coaches are usually good at saying nothing when answering questions, after all!