Credibilty of NY Jets

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by since83, Nov 9, 2012.

1. since83

since83 Member

I am aware that many fans were puzzled by the Tim Tebow pickup. My question to my fellow fans is this. Has the treatment of Tim Tebow's playing time destroyed the credibility of the Jets? We have a history of losing out on, or becoming a bargaining chip for free agents. Do you believe that we have all but destroyed any chance of getting quality talent via free agency beginning next season?

2. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

After 43 years of losing football, do you think the Jets have any credibility to destroy at this point?

3. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

I think credibility in the free agent market is right up there with your uniform color. Free agency is mostly about the Benjamins.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I think the entire Tebow venture is neutral in terms of the perception of the Jets by free agents. Except for a few teams at the top and bottom of the standings money is all that matters in terms of free agency.

For second string free agents who are not starters now and who will sign moderate contracts with new teams in the hopes of becoming a starter there may be an effect. I don't thank the number of people in that category nor their likely contributions are more than a small blip on the radar though.

The Jets traded for Tim Tebow to try to sell more tickets. He got here and did everything they asked him too except perform well enough to win a bigger role. The QB job could have been his if he showed that he was fully capable to take it. Instead one of the worst starting QB's in the league holds onto the job. It's hard to see how that's going to have an effect on other players perceptions of the Jets.

5. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Did the treatment of Brad Smith's playing time destroy the credibility of the Jets? 90% of his plays were runs up the middle for 2 yards. Gee, what a surprise the same is true with Tebow. The only difference is the media scrutinizes every snap with Tebow just because they need something to talk about. They are obsessed. Nobody gave 2 shits about Brad Smith's role when he was our wildcat guy. People are silly expecting Tebow to be in all the time and making amazing plays every play. Tebow is one of the least important components on this team, but he has done some good things.

6. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

I agree, they said he was Brad Smith and his role hasn't changed, though they do need more creativity.

Funning this is Brad Smith has been utterly worthless sense he left the Jets.

7. since83

since83 Member

Ok. That's another angle to look at.

8. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

This guy knows