Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Petrozza, Feb 11, 2020.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Sometimes I dismiss stuff early just to get to the zingers.

on a serious note, what’s more plausible, a food the people of China has been eating forever suddenly unleashed the plaque or the viral studies institute right down the street had a breakout? Question to the general public.

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

and golfing... lots of golfing

3. BrowningNagle

Outbreak II coming to an ICU near you....

cause we can’t possibly believe viral outbreaks happen in the natural world. We need a fun movie like scenario

4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Why do you get into disputes with people, and then when they bring plausible evidence to the table that you don't agree with, you just turn instantly sarcastic about it? And firmly dismiss it without any supporting evidence for your own argument?

It kills any sort of debate. I don't know why you feel like a disease being transmitted from a lab to a human to a population is so unreasonable. Swine Flu likely came from one of our slaughter houses. If someone told me it came from a lab I wouldn't be too surprised.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. BrowningNagle

Zero plausible evidence has been submitted

6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

It’s a virus, it always has to be attached to a living host and since we know it’s not always present in humans it had to jump species.
    bats are known carriers of Coronavirus’
    There’s a market that sells bat meat though no live bars were found (I thought I saw this, could be wrong)
    Same neighborhood there’s a viral research center with a known history of researching Coronavirus’ found in bats
    Ads for employment at same research center looking for people that want to work with Coronavirus’ found in bats
    Outbreaks don’t just happen, they happen for a reason, usually when a virus jumps species it’s due to food source scarcity causing a species to eat something they’re not supposed to . This isn’t random.

7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

There have been numerous pandemics in the past that have come directly from animals. Bird flu, swine flu, etc. There are also tons of labs worldwide that haven't unleashed killer viruses on the world. So given that we know the coronavirus came out of Wuhan, and there's a wet market along with a research lab there, I'd think it's plausible that it came from either one of those places.

NYJetsO12, Jonathan_Vilma and FJF like this.
  8. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Yeah even if this virus was intentionally pulled out of a bat and released, pretty much every plague in human history except MERS has come out of China because of how they handle animals and eat/use wildlife for primitive superstitious reasons

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Can we all just agree that China is asshole?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. BrowningNagle

exactly, the region has fairly commonly been hit with these viruses.

But that’s not enough for some people, they wanna believe a wacky conspiracy this time

12. HomeoftheJets

This is Trump's full quote. He didn't technically call the coronavirus a hoax, but what he actually said was just as bad. And he said it on February 28, which was way past the point that he could claim plausible deniability. If we're going to agree that China is asshole, we also have to agree that Trump is asshole.

"Now the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus. You know that, right? Coronavirus. They’re politicizing it. We did one of the great jobs. You say, ‘How’s President Trump doing?’ They go, ‘Oh, not good, not good.’ They have no clue. They don’t have any clue. They can’t even count their votes in Iowa, they can’t even count. No they can’t. They can’t count their votes.

One of my people came up to me and said, ‘Mr. President, they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia, Russia. That didn’t work out too well. They couldn’t do it. They tried the impeachment hoax. That was on a perfect conversation. They tried anything, they tried it over and over, they’ve been doing it since you got in. It’s all turning, they lost, it’s all turning. Think of it. Think of it. And this is their new hoax. But you know, we did something that’s been pretty amazing. We’re 15 people [cases of coronavirus infection] in this massive country. And because of the fact that we went early, we went early, we could have had a lot more than that.

So a number that nobody heard of that I heard of recently and I was shocked to hear it, 35,000 people on average die each year from the flu. Did anyone know that? 35,000. That’s a lot of people. It could go to 100,000, it could be 27,000, they say usually a minimum of 27, it goes up to 100,000 people a year who die, and so far we have lost nobody to coronavirus in the United States. Nobody. And it doesn’t mean we won’t, and we are totally prepared, it doesn’t mean we won’t. But think of it. You hear 35 and 40,000 people, and we’ve lost nobody, and you wonder, the press is in hysteria mode."

13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Trump may well be an asshole...but he's been right about China.

And he's right about the Dems politicizing the outbreak. They are evil, spineless cunts.

Trump's just an asshole.

Don't buy what the mass media outlets are telling you.
    It's driving them bat-shit crazy that a guy like Trump is in office.

NYJetsO12 and GordonGecko like this.
  14. HomeoftheJets

And lying about a deadly virus through almost the entire month of March for political reasons doesn't make Trump an evil, spineless cunt? As for coronavirus, I don't get my news from the mass media. I get it from actual epidemiologists and economists, who are also of the overwhelming opinion that Trump deserves a lot of the blame for what's happened. Calling out the Chinese government for their evil behavior doesn't absolve Trump of his own evil behavior.

Also, if the Dems really wanted to politicize the outbreak, they would have stood aside and let Trump get as many people killed as possible, only to attack him for it after the fact. But they actually have a conscience and pushed for lockdowns, even while knowing they'd give him a path to getting reelected.

#1414 HomeoftheJets, Apr 7, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
    NYJetsO12 likes this.
  15. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Well Andrew Cuomo sat around and did nothing for 10 years to prepare, so he actually "stood aside".

The only things Trump could have done differently were:
    -Shut down all travel
    -Shut the country down

Interestingly enough though, when either were suggested, people who hate Trump (like you) were calling him a racist for shutting travel down. Also when he suggested a nationwide shut down, he was once again attacked (by useless Governors like Andrew Cuomo). Meanwhile as it turns out, there are more than enough beds and ventilators available because the "scientific models" got it wrong.

So going forward, Trump should just declare himself a dictator because pretty all of the Governers are completely useless (Andrew Cuomo was directly told he needed more ventilators for his State years ago, and he sat on his ass and did nothing). Lets get rid of states to, because everyone wants Trump to take complete control of a situation that is on the state level (one size doesnt fit all for a response) when states are fully capable of buying medical supplies, but they didn't prepare, especially in NY because the governor is a joke.

16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Trump restricts travel...HE'S A RACIST!!!

Trump touts hydroxychloroquine...HE THINKS HE'S A DOCTOR!!! HE'S KILLING PEOPLE!!!

Trump can't do anything right in some eyes.
    I get it...he's easy to hate. He should have limited his time with the press.
    He's horrible in that scenario....he's an attention whore.

Here's a little peek into what's happening from a doctor I know:

Just finished an 11 day stint...
    in the 11 days, a number of treatment guidelines came out. We added IL-6 to serious Icu cases. It’s essentially a blocking antibody. We are using azithro and hydroxychloroquine right off the bat. If they don’t improve or they worsen, add IL-6. Early intubation to prevent an emergency intubation where poeople May get exposed- trying to do it in an orderly fashion where the most experienced doc (anesthesiologists) do it under controlled circumstances.

there have been a number of Expert opinions published about the type of ventilation to do- there’s specific strategies you can use and early use of prone ventilation seems to be beneficial. Also the type and means of neuromuscular blockade (paralysis).

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

New York City auctioned off extra ventilators due to cost of maintenance
    https://thehill.com/homenews/state-...-extra-ventilators-due-to-cost-of-maintenance

18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Go get 'em Trumpy!

[​IMG]

20. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

The 2020 election in a nutshell:

Who do you want to rebuild the economy; Trump or Joe Biden?

Who do you want to handle China; Trump or Joe Biden?