Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Petrozza, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I don't have any evidence that Trump conspired with the Russians. There is plenty of evidence that they helped get him elected and many of his associates lied and went to jail over it. There is plenty of evidence that he conspired to cover it up. It's open source in the Mueller report. You don't have to read about it in Infowars or hear about it from Rachel Meadows. It's in both the Wall Streat Journal and the NY Times.

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Exactly what’s wacky about thinking that a virus that first hit a city that hosts an institute that study’s virus may have escaped from said institute?
    Exactly what is the bridge too far for you here?

3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

As far as conspiracy theories go, this one is more plausible than most. I still think the most likely possibility is bat soup, but I wouldn't be surprised if it came from the lab.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

But you didn't site his writing, you sited INFOWARS. There's a difference.

5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

What's your excuse for China not cooperating with anyone in the world on containing this virus within their own borders?

How in the world is that America's fault? I can't believe I just read that, and you're still blaming America on the grounds of global cooperation when China wants nothing to do with it.

Unbelievable.

6. HomeoftheJets

There are no excuses for China.

Biggs likes this.
  7. FJF

I don’t see how you can call it a conspiracy though. It’s a theory, a plausible theory but I don’t see the conspiracy in it

8. HomeoftheJets

The official explanation is bat soup right? Or at least it was when I first heard the theories about the lab. So I'm calling it a conspiracy theory. But conspiracy theories are occasionally correct, especially the ones like this one that aren't completely off the wall.

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

because you have literally no evidence. Your only link it’s that it came from Wuhan.
    Wuhan is a giant city. This isn’t Mayberry.

a virus starts in NYC, would be pretty wacky for Chinese people to start spreading that it was lab made because they do some research at Columbia U

this is real life. Not a movie

10. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Pretty sure that wet market where they seem to think it originated from is literally down the street from the Wuhan lab where they specifically researched viruses

I don’t even think the explanation that it was an accident in the labs makes China look any worse than it being because of a disgusting wet market susceptible to easily spreading diseases

China and WHO downplaying and outright lying for months is the main crime to me..And the whole world is now paying for it

Acad23 and FJF like this.
  11. FJF

And the institute is near the wet market in question. Obviously there’s no hard evidence but there’s enough circumstantial evidence to make it plausible. To dismiss the whole thing as wacky is just ignoring any logic.

King Koopa likes this.
  12. FJF

No,no ,no
    Ignore the guy with the bloody knife 10 feet from the slashed up victim. Couldn’t be him.

King Koopa likes this.
  13. FJF

I mean if it was almost any other country you take the bat soup theory. Leave it to China to blame it on the masses and deflect from the viral institute.

14. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

There's no excuse for China's behavior. It's predictable, we did the same thing to workers at the 9/11 sites. We told them it was safe to clean up. We did the same shit with Agent Orange. BP did it with the oil spill. The Russians did it with Chernobyl. Our President and fox news called it a hoax while Republicans in the Senate who were briefed were dumping stock. Governments lie about shit. People up and down the line lie about shit. Xi is an authoritarian dictator. Not a good guy. A bad guy even though the President continues to call him a good guy who he has a terrific relationship with.

I'm sitting at home not working. It's all of our faults and we all have to work together to fix it. It's not easy we have huge differences. Some are bridgeable and some aren't. I can't believe you have your ass buried in a 1920 Island nation approach to global problems with WW2 in the rear view mirror.

Blaming China isn't a solution.

15. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

The communist party was quick to blame the wet markets when news got out. But it's not a weird conspiracy to notice that the main virus research labs in China are in Wuhan and that they had been putting out job postings for microbiologists to study bat coronaviruses. I mean there's a lot of circumstantial evidence but put it all together and you can make a very plausible case for an accidental lab release

https://www.businessinsider.com/bor...us-may-leaked-chinese-laboratory-covid-2020-4
    https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/04/coronavirus-china-trail-leading-back-to-wuhan-labs/

FJF likes this.
  16. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

China provided the Genome on January 11th to the world. We botched our response and called it a hoax for a couple of months.

#1396 Biggs, Apr 7, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  17. HomeoftheJets

I'm not dismissing the possibility that it came from a lab. If I were dismissing it, I'd have thrown in some biting zingers by now.

FJF likes this.
  18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

This was completely avoidable as a global pandemic if China was honest about what they were seeing on their home front. They did not cooperate. How does America's supposed lack of global cooperation play into China's shitty actions in covering this up?

9/11's cleanup had no impact on the rest of the world. Those workers weren't spreading mesothelioma to Japanese workers if they went and visited.

This was a much easier situation if China was honest about it. But you want to make sure that they don't get blamed whatsoever, and we do as much as we can to appease them and their shitty cover up in the name of global cooperation.

The blame game doesn't solve this pandemic. But it might prevent the next one if you strong arm China into being globally cooperative if something like this ever happens again. Rather than patting them on the back and telling them it's ok if they decide to lie about it again.

They established their own sovereign motives with the PPE disaster. What did China do when the global pandemic (that started on their shores first) started? They bought up all the PPE and threatened to strangle the US for that supplies.

NYJetsO12 and FJF like this.
  19. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Tweets? Are you serious?

20. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Who said pat them on the back. We should bring the full diplomatic and economic might of the USA and our alliances down on them like a ton of bricks. Trump is worried about selling them liquified natural gas and soybeans.

TPP would have given us more leverage. Having a strong relationship with our allies would give us more leverage.

You have a warped sense of the world. You're either the major influencer in the world or someone else will do it. In this case if we abdicate China will fill the void.

#1400 Biggs, Apr 7, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2020