Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Petrozza, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

So raise your hand if you’re rooting against the north in the next civil war

2. mute

mute Well-Known Member

You're sounding a bit like Ron DeSantis.
    I don't know about NJ but it's really ridiculous to say NY was incompetent. It's not NY's fault millions from all over travel there on a daily bases. It's not the doctors and nurses fault they didn't know how to treat the sick early on.
    The virus came and people didn't know what to do.
    I bet if you were in control of that state you wouldn't know what to do either.

3. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Actually, I was screaming at everyone I know that Trump was an asshole for not shutting down the bridges and tunnels and for not insisting everyone that tested Covid-positive not be moved immediately to the Jacob Javits center. He should have placed NYC in quarantine before March was over.

4. Unhappyjetsfan

It won't be a north/south "two armies shooting at each other" civil war ... it will be a urban vs. rural guerrilla war.

5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Let's be clear...I think both sides of the aisle suck ass. The left have gone batshit crazy since Hillary lost...
    They've alienated many by their actions...including myself. I find it difficult to support their hypocrisy.

If they had come up with a true progressive nominee...Andrew Yang for example, I'd bite the bullet and support the cause. But instead they propped up a senile racist bullshitter who's been on the wrong side of every issue.
    I don't see that as a "realistic option"...especially since he's painted himself into a corner by promising a woman of color as his running mate. That's a concern considering the shape he's in... :confused:

Sorry I'm not on the Trump hate train. I think he's an inept fool...he writes his own punchlines.
    I don't feel the need to pile on...nor do I think he's the end of democracy as we know it.
    Just because I find hilarity in how deranged people get by his words doesn't mean I support those words.

I'll gladly make fun of republicans that do goofy shit...but I won't poke fun at Herman Cain's death as some
    have done here. That's the moral turpitude that's more & more prevalent on the left...I can't jive with that.
    It's fucking evil and inhumane.

I am a registered Libertarian...and as of now I plan on voting that way.
    It may be viewed by some as a wasted vote...but I'll sleep better.

FJF, dawinner127 and JackBower like this.
  6. Unhappyjetsfan

I knew a few things that were obvious (both at the time, and now) ...

1. The subways, buses and taxi cabs should have been shut down.
    2. All Covid-positive persons requiring hospitalization should have been quarantined at the Javits center.
    3. Doctors and nurses who were Covid-positive or had the antibodies should have been stationed at the Javits center to treat the people quarantined there.
    4. The airports should have been shut down.
    5. The bridges and tunnels should have been shut down to all but food and medicine supply delivery trucks (who would not be allowed to leave their vehicles within the city limits).
    6. Doctors, nurses and other first responders who live outside the city, but work there, would have to make a decision (either staying in the city and not leaving or not coming in to work). Either you are in or you are out.

This stuff should have been done IMMEDIATELY when it became clear that NYC and Washington state were having the only real outbreaks (last week in March). It would have saved thousands of lives and it's obvious common sense stuff.

Acad23 likes this.
  7. mute

mute Well-Known Member

This isn't Sim City. Explain how you would have done all of that on a dime the moment the first CV patient tested positive...

Trump: "I take no responsibility."

#5287 mute, Aug 2, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
  8. Unhappyjetsfan

March 28th, you had 396 people die of coronavirus in NY (almost entirely in the city). The same day you had 25 in California, 10 in Florida, and 37 in New Jersey. In law enforcement, this is what we call a "clue." It's evidence that the virus (at that time) was overwhelmingly a NYC problem, but was spreading to other areas of the country. Had the government (Federal, state or local) acted at that time, it could have potentially kept the virus contained to the city. None of the governments did, for a variety reasons.

Jonathan_Vilma and Acad23 like this.
  9. Dierking

Whatever, you knock yourself out, sparky.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Aubrey Huff is today's Dumbfuck of the Day. Seriously, this guy is a dumb fuck.

11. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Depends how it plays out, but any real civil war with live ammo is going to be between communist wannabes and free capitalists. The majority of the soyboys are on the West Coast and even then most would be stabbed in the night before they got out of Portland or Seattle.

12. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Big time dumbfuck, just wear the fucking mask. It's not a big deal, maybe 1 year out of your entire life tops, and everybody can function half normally until we kick this with a vaccine

13. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Dumbfuck meet dumbfuck. This is the one case where I actually support cancel culture.

Acad23 likes this.
  14. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Honest question.....Who are these idiots, and why does their opinion matter to anyone?

Skicats likes this.
  15. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Starting the morning and week off great..

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

"good morning everyone. Just a reminder, I'm still a dumbass"

17. Dierking

You second amendment people would have taken that like a champ.

barfolomew likes this.
  18. BroadwaySam

BroadwaySam Well-Known Member

Who knew that thousands of people were dying per day just because they were being tested?! Seems like a problem with the tests.

Or... he’s a fucking idiot that knows a ton of other fucking idiots believe every word he says. One of the two.

19. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

20. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

I actually feel like people are rooting for a civil war. Radicals on both sides, a lot of laptop warriors, are hoping to clean house. It sickens me. They have no idea what a war in this country will bring. Not even a real war but a breakdown in order where the legitimacy of the government in D.C. is questioned. It might be with good reason, such as Trump attempting to stay in office after losing the election. But this country is very unhealthy. A breakdown in order will lead to an interruption in the pharmaceutical supply chain as well as the food supply chain. People will die in large number from diabetes, polio, cholera, and sepsis well before they die from an enimies bullets.

HomeoftheJets likes this.