CornerBlitz.com Final Mock Draft (w/ Trades)

Discussion in 'Draft' started by CleveSteve, Apr 23, 2013.

1. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

No offense man, but I think this entire draft is terrible.

I don't see us taking Eifert in the first round. I also don't see Miami touching a pass rusher when they have a HUGE need at OL.

This draft is all over the place.

3. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I like the Jets draft. If we got a trade back, I would be stoked.

4. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

I would be pretty excited to get DeAndre Hopkins at #60 but he could very well go in the bottom of the 1st.

5. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

Well, we all have our opinions. This one is mine! :)

This is assuming the Albert trade goes through.

Not sure what you mean... do you mean it's not the same as Bucky Brooks? :smile:

6. Falco21

Oh, your opinion is what counts which is why it is YOUR mock draft. I just don't think the picks make much sense.

Our #9 makes sense. I can see us getting Warmack, but Eifert in the first? I like Ertz a lot better than Eifert and I can see us grabbing him in the second. I think we need to go pass rusher in the first. I have a feeling Jones falls late, which would be kick ass to grab him at the later first round pick.

We also have a HUGE need at saftey, which I don't see.

7. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

Many drafts have us taking Eifert at #13 and you bash someone who has a trade down, taking him at #30? Cmon man!

8. Falco21

I am not bashing what so ever. I just said it is his opinion which is all that matters.

When people post mocks, members give their opinon, which is exactly what I did. I said I liked his first pick, but not much after.

No bashing at all. Just my opinion and his

9. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

I do appreciate the feedback. Especially minority opinions.

I had figured with signing Landry and drafting Allen last year that safety was less of a priority than it seemed on the surface, but maybe not?

I'm still going through the fourth. Took a corner with your first fourth round (picked up a 4th in the ATL trade down) so I'm thinking maybe a safety at 127... gotta see who's available when I get there.

Thanks everyone!

10. LSUtiger

LSUtiger Member

Don't see all those players falling to the Jets. Damontre Moore and Nuke Hopkins will be long gone by then. Would be a great draft on paper if they did fall to the Jets.

11. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

12. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind this draft.
    Eifert at #30 is a steal.

If we do trade back to 30 though, my guess is drafting a QB is the plan.....maybe Nassib.

Not sure Mathieu is worth a pick or not.
    but overall, this addresses a lot of the Jets needs.

13. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

14. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

15. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

I would absolutely love this draft for the Jets, but let's be realistic here. Hopkins won't be around at 60, he might go in the 1st round. Eifert probably won't be available at 30. I also think someone makes a move on Mathieu before round 4.

other things I noted, why would Zona take Lane Johnson over Eric Fisher? Fisher is arguably the best OT in the draft class. I also don't see Justin Hunter falling into the 3rd round, eventhough it is a deep class.

Nice effort. this is really tough to do.

16. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

17. CleveSteve

CleveSteve Active Member

I think Johnson is the best pure LT in the draft. Fisher is probably the best overall to play either side, definitely the best to play the right. Johnson already has an NFL-Elite first step. You are not going to beat him around the edge. JMO.

Here's the thing about realistic. I wasn't doing this as a Jets fan. I'm a Browns fan. I tried to be as unbiased as I could (so, naturally, I ended up thinking the Browns had the worst draft.) This is how I saw it play out.

About Hunter, you may be right... but there are too many wideouts packed into that 20-40 range that some of them are goingto fall.

18. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

The way our picks go I could not be happier Cant wait( Poor bart scott :( ) till wens

19. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

Anything can happen and this would be a pretty good draft for the Jets if it were to fall this way.

20. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I can't see Arizona trading up, for Lane Johnson no less with Eric Fisher on the board. Tough trade up for them too: three picks for a guy who might be there at 7 anyway.

Interesting to see Bjoern Werner back in the top five. I wonder why his stock has unanimously slipped in the first place.

Also interesting seeing Watson and Armstead in the first. Could definitely see a run on OTs that lead to some perceived reaches.

That's quite a trade up for the Falcons for Jarvis Jones. Not sure if that's who they'd target, but great for the Jets no doubt.

That's quite a keep for the Jets. Iffy on Damontre Moore, but all in all that seems like a tremendous draft... However, I wonder if will last to 30, Hopkins to 60 and Franklin to 72.. Lot's of offense and they steal Dysert late.

Nice effort too for doing a 7-rounder