Contract the franchise

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by cmcm750203, Oct 29, 2021.

1. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/...ouglas-hc-robert-saleh-and-their-2021-season/

What else is there to say? As long as the Johnsons are here we’re fucked. Couple of points in here:

-As most of us have said, the league agrees, LaFleur sucks and is over his head.

-They also think Mims is being underused. The Mims must suck crowd at this point is hanging their hats on trusting LaFleur to know what the fuck he’s doing.

-Saleh is overworking the team during the week and they are gassed on game day. I feel that this is just an excuse from the players.

-JD treats free agency like it’s his money. Maybe he’s getting directives from up top. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that our last 3 GM’s have operated similarly.

there’s some other stuff in there. I’m 50/50 on whether I buy a lot of it. Some of it seems very Manish-like but then again with the way this franchise is, maybe he was right all along.

2. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

The johnson's are 2 monkey's fucking a football. I refuse to pay a dime on anything jets related until they sell the franchise. Committed to that after the Rextravaganza.

3. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

The bit about Becton sure is comforting. Lazy, quits easily, doesn't stay in shape and needs to grow up. Wonderful.

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Pretty alarming report there. Even if half of it is true, the myth that the JD/Saleh regime is light years ahead of the Gase Era has been exposed as a fallacy. Apathy started sinking in years ago and it just now becoming noticeable? Cmon.. Unless you're a "Real Fan", you're tired of watching this team suck year in and year out. Tired of playing for draft picks before Election Day. Tired of bad decision making by the "Brain" trust.

Basically sick and tired of being sick and tired. Some around here would give JD and Saleh another decade or more to get things straightened out. God bless them as I am not in that crowd. Some also feel as though the CS and GM can do no wrong because they're new and supposed to be making all kinds of mistakes. That's why this franchise has been in the shitter now for over a decade and haven't won shit in almost half a century and counting.

5. Cman68

Vlad Ducasse part II.

Hemi, SOJAZ, cmcm750203 and 2 others like this.
  6. semperfigreen

semperfigreen Well-Known Member

I liked Wirfs more than Becton heading into our pick. Especially his wrestling background. Too bad JD didn't feel the same.

Pepsiguy5, barfolomew and REVISion like this.
  7. REVISion

Same here which is why I'm always extra salty about Becton. Wirfs has been a complete stud so far too.

8. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

The JD thing is the most alarming to me. This basically just confirmed that LaFleur is awful and that Becton has issues with weight. To me it’s very strange that outside of one offseason where IIRC they actually had to spend money because of some carryover rule or something all of our GMs since Tanny have been really cheap. I remember someone posting here that someone other than the Johnsons is the money guy. Maybe the team president? Was he here during the Tanny regime? Maybe he’s the one who needs to go.

barfolomew likes this.
  9. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I am always a bit skeptical when I hear inside sources. That could be the janitor for all we know or making it all up or sensationalizing what was said. We will have to endure these type of stories until the Jets start winning. Until then everyone should be be a bit worried but to the point they make dumb decisions to try and save their job. If what they are saying about Becton is true it is very dissapointing .

NCJetsfan, barfolomew and cmcm750203 like this.
  10. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Well that explains the phone call that I received on my landline yesterday. I have not had season tickets since our games at Shea.

Message yesterday pushing great deals for home games. Hurry up, as these offers will go fast. Jeez.

SOJAZ, REVISion, Cman68 and 1 other person like this.
  11. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Happy times!

The only way to send a message is is totally disengage for the team. Don't go to games. Don't watch them on TV. Don't discuss them on fan message boards. Make believe they don't exist! See you all when Woody sells the team!

12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Tannebaum and Maccagnan weren't afraid to spend. They just spent like dumbfucks.

Douglas spends mediocre money on mediocre to bad players which makes them overpaid. So I think it's a bit different. Pick your poison I guess?

SOJAZ, Cman68 and REVISion like this.
  13. Cman68

Nothing like a lukewarm bowl of soggy cornflakes to make the Jets look better..

cmcm750203 and REVISion like this.
  14. REVISion

Yeah I'm skeptical of "sources" too but the product on the field matches this alleged dysfunction within the organization. With that in mind I'm inclined to believe most of it is true.

Pauline is hardly the first guy to think Becton's too fat, LaFleur is in over his head or JD is too stingy.

cmcm750203, barfolomew and SOJAZ like this.
  15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Nobody is Vlad Ducasse-like.

The dude was like the 320 lb high school sophomore who broke the gym floor at the dance with his flailing off-balance thunderous stomps while everybody else dived for cover.

cmcm750203 and barfolomew like this.
  16. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

If Saleh was overworking the team, surely some players would come out and say it, no?

The problem with FA's is good players are usually extended by the team that drafted or signed them as a UDFA. We need to have core players that are worth extending. Maybe Q Williams will show he deserves a payday.

barfolomew likes this.
  17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

JD and Maccagnan were polar opposites on free agent spending. Macc spent huge amounts on questionable deals and drove the tier-2 free-agent market. JD has signed a few big free agents both years he has had control but has avoided making anybody the highest paid anything. He's still pushing the tier-2 market but not as hard as Macc did.

Note that the Jets have basically spent hundreds of millions of dollars for literally nothing across both GM's tenures. If the Johnsons haven't figured out by now that free agency is a sucker's bet they never will.

PJ4Ever, barfolomew and REVISion like this.
  18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I disagree with the bold. JD spent all but around $6-$7 million of our cap space this year. He spent a ton of money in FA. If Pauline really think our last 3 GMs have all operated similarly, then he hasn't been paying attention at all.

barfolomew and Borat like this.
  19. Cman68

After seeing what Mims is going thru, I would say those players wouldn't say anything just to keep out of Saleh's doghouse. Becton's pass is running out too as they're tired of Fatboi spending so much time off the field. Depending o what QW 1 is asking for, he may not get signed either.

cmcm750203, barfolomew and SOJAZ like this.
  20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

What is "stingy" to one person is being "responsible" to another. JD learned under Ozzie Newsome, and if I'm not mistaken, Ozzie was never a big spender in FA and his teams were plenty good. One doesn't have to blow the cap on 1-2 players to have a good team. The amount of money that Conklin and Thuney are being paid is ridiculous. If LaFleur was doing a great job and the offense was being held back by the LG or RT spot, then I could understand the criticism of JD, and might agree that he was being too cheap/stingy, but the offense is not being held back by those two positions. He didn't go cheap at the RG spot. I don't remember who the other OG FAs were this year or last, but I don't recall there being anyone I really wanted or thought was signficantly better than GVR.

If the info on Becton is true, that's surprising and disappointing. That's all the more reason the Jets need a disciplinarian HC, however, and not a nice guy who tries to lead by inspiring and spouting maxims and life advice.

IMO the three biggest problems with this team are in order: 1. LaFleur, 2. Saleh, 3. Injuries. Nos. 1 & 2 can be easily remedied at the end of the season. I'm not sure what, if anything, is the root cause of #3 or if anything can be done to alleviate that problem, but if it's true that Saleh is working them too hard in practice and they're bushed on Sundays, then getting rid of Saleh should resolve that issue too.

barfolomew likes this.