Connection Issue at Work

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by MikeSLTJ23, Jan 20, 2013.

1. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

Just like anyone else, I like to check this site from time to time when I'm at work. However, whenever I try from work, I get the following error that makes it sound like it's TGG's problem! But it only happens at work, and I just VPNed into work to see if I get the error, and sure enough, it doesn't work. Anyone know why this might happen?? Error message is below. Thanks!

"Hmm, forums.theganggreen.com isn't loading right now.

The computers that run forums.theganggreen.com are having some trouble. Usually this is just a temporary problem, so you might want to try again in a few minutes.
    Want more detail? See which nameservers are failing.
    Nameserver trace for forums.theganggreen.com:

Looking for who is responsible for root zone and followed a.root-servers.net.
    Looking for who is responsible for com and followed e.gtld-servers.net.
    Looking for who is responsible for theganggreen.com and followed ns2.theganggreen.com.
    Nameservers for forums.theganggreen.com:

ns1.theganggreen.com
    ns2.theganggreen.com"

2. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

I have been getting the same thing. I check my work did nothing to block the site it just won't load. I did notice that it works sometimes randomly

3. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

I haven't gotten it to work once, but work hasn't blocked mine either. I actually have been having some issues at home too with it, but I just reload a couple times and it eventually goes through.

4. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Have you run a traceroute?

5. Barcs

Barcs Banned

It sounds like certain restrictions at the office might be making you time out. Mine goes slower at work, than home, but that's expected with the heavy network traffic.